94 replies to this topic

#41 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,786 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:45 PM

Ah, you snapped some cool shots, mac. That top one here especially captured some tremendous energy.

But hell, man, you got fire, champagne, and dancing! Is that not enough?? ;)

#42 Lux White

Lux White

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:02 PM

thanks for the uploads, dillsnufus :D

I have to admit, we were pretty spoiled, this was our first TDW show where noone had early entry (in fact i haven't heard that anyone got it). So my pix are a blurfest, and seeing as how i forgot my glasses, my view wasn't as good as it should have been--i was about 15 bodies from center stage.

Jack was breathing fire from out of the gate (as you've heard). All in all everybody was totally on and tight as ever. These guys are so cranked up live, every element has so much more punch and power. Not much to add that hasn't been said--Jack was jovial and not as wound-up as he gets, but played with unbridled ferocity, like if this is the last show, i'm gonna flatten these drums. Alison actually broke character and smiled a few times during the show. Dazzling Dean deftly took center stage at one point during the encore. An LJ is just the coolest dude in show biz and his bass was razor sharp and roaring.

Sea of Cowards sounded way better to me live, I'm still kind of eh about the album. The Horehound stuff quaked. Forever My Queen and You just Can't Win are brilliant. And the Veronica guitar was there, but not used.

It was a great show, i was hoping for something special for the "last" show--a guest star, a longer set, a weird cover tune or at the very least some acknowledgment at the end. But it was not to be. And no show poster! No last show poster!

here's my fuzzy fotos:
http://s272.photobuc...rooklyn 080310/

some of the better ones:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

mac, you call your photos blurry?! You should have seen mine! I'm just gonna tell people I was going for the artsy look :lol:

And from the looks of your photos it looks like we were pretty close to each other! Haha

#43 dillsnufus

dillsnufus

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:06 PM

mine were very blurry too. the key is to take the shot when the lights go to white or regular lights not the blue.

Posted Image

Edited by dillsnufus, 04 August 2010 - 03:12 PM.

#44 Lux White

Lux White

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

Seriously, I don't think you guys will know the definition of blurry until you see my pictures.

EDIT: Here's one of my best photos:

http://flic.kr/p/8pwaZM

(How do I get the actual photo in this post??? haha)

Edited by Lux White, 04 August 2010 - 03:25 PM.

#45 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:24 PM

mine were very blurry too. the key is to take the shot when the lights go to white or regular lights not the blue.

yes, i couldn't get the timing or the steadiness

Seriously, I don't think you guys will know the definition of blurry until you see my pictures.

Posted Image
artsy or blurry?

Where were you in relation to the tall dude in a white T sporting a full beard, luxie?

#46 rachelise

rachelise

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:25 PM

I'm in such freakin' withdrawal today. I just want to go back and do it again. And again. And again.

I was the 3rd person into the venue and was directly front and center on the rail. The whole show was so intensely amazing. It was my 5th show, and they have raised the bar every time. They looked like they were having ridiculous amounts of fun. Jack kept cracking little smiles to himself the whole time for apparently no reason. And they all looked a bit emotional during the curtain call.

It's been a great year-plus of Dead Weather-ness and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in their various incarnations again soon.

And yes, I read BV, who has some great photos up:

http://www.brooklynv...d_weathe_9.html

#47 Lux White

Lux White

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:27 PM

yes, i couldn't get the timing or the steadiness

Posted Image
artsy or blurry?

Where were you in relation to the tall dude in a white T sporting a full beard, luxie?

Definitely artsy.

Hmm, I don't seem to remember that guy. I was next to the little old guy who was there by himself (aw).

P.S. I just posted one of my best artsy/blurry pictures on my previous post

Edited by Lux White, 04 August 2010 - 03:30 PM.

#48 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,786 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

And yes, I read BV, who has some great photos up:

http://www.brooklynv...d_weathe_9.html

Just saw that. Thought it was very gracious of them to cover the show, considering ;)

#49 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,284 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:21 PM

EDIT: Here's one of my best photos:

http://flic.kr/p/8pwaZM

(How do I get the actual photo in this post??? haha)

Let's see if this works:

Posted Image

#50 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,786 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:27 PM

That is a damned beautiful photo.

#51 stripes42

stripes42

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:43 PM

whoa.

nice photos everyone!

#52 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:46 PM

That is a damned beautiful photo.

i concur. luxie, you must have been closer than I, well done. :)

#53 Kaseyls

Kaseyls

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:31 PM

This was my fifth Dead Weather show, and my second favorite. Nothing could ever replace their first public show at the Bowery Ballroom....that moved my soul! But they were quite incredible last night! And I wasn't even up close! And they all looked like they were having so much fun!

On a side note ~ driving to Brooklyn from northwestern CT sucks so very very bad and I really hope when Jack returns to NY he will stick to Manhattan....I can take a train there! It took us over 4 hours to get there...it should've taken 2.

Oh, and I can't believe I never found Tom! I always see Tom at these shows....felt like something was missing!

#54 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:25 PM

This photo, of course, just had to be in color:

Posted Image

THAT is a great picture

edit: i left this for like an hour or so and need to add the Luxwhites photo is definitely artsy!

Edited by cheriebobbins, 04 August 2010 - 10:28 PM.

#55 rob_toronto

rob_toronto

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:27 PM

Wow!!! I agree, awesome photos in this thread!!!

#56 rachelise

rachelise

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:32 PM

This photo, of course, just had to be in color:

Posted Image

"Don't try this at home, Kiddos"

On a side note ~ driving to Brooklyn from northwestern CT sucks so very very bad and I really hope when Jack returns to NY he will stick to Manhattan....I can take a train there! It took us over 4 hours to get there...it should've taken 2.

Just for future reference, they have this fancy thing called the subway that will take you right from the train station in NYC all the way to Brooklyn in about 20 minutes. Crazy, I know. ;)

I love that photo Lux, post more!

Edited by rachelise, 04 August 2010 - 11:35 PM.

#57 kaputnik

kaputnik

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:42 PM

Oh, and I can't believe I never found Tom! I always see Tom at these shows....felt like something was missing!

I was looking! Where abouts were you?

#58 kaputnik

kaputnik

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:44 PM

Just for future reference, they have this fancy thing called the subway that will take you right from the train station in NYC all the way to Brooklyn in about 20 minutes. Crazy, I know. ;)

I must have missed that subway.

#59 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:22 AM

Some fabulous pics and videos, guys, thanks so much! Wish I'd been there, but it's the next best thing.

Sorry to the people behind me, I like to jump and shout and I never meant to step on anybodies toes.

This was so sweet. :)

#60 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:49 AM

I was looking! Where abouts were you?

We saw you looking, Tommy Little spotted you.

Wish I would have met the rest of you; we probably bumped into each other (politely i hope) and didn't realize it was Little Room royalty.

Really Little Jack was there of course, she's at every NY Jack White+ show, says she's not a memeber

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users