#22 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,715 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:53 AM

Last, but certainly not least, WTBEW:

Uncle Jerk, are these good enough quality to contact Mr. Extplay for?

#23 bluesmanjoey

bluesmanjoey

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:30 AM

this show was awesome, jack was hammered as shit.

"lets hear it for jay-z! cause i can say that motherfucker"

it was the jack white show last night.

Edited by bluesmanjoey, 04 August 2010 - 07:31 AM.

#24 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:10 AM

People should not talk about watching videos of shows unless they're gonna post the link (I still love you, Cherie ;) )

Posted Image sorry...having serious internet issues. even worse than it was earlier... have another cuppa tea, a ciggarette, watch some tv, see if a page loaded yet and see if I can remember what I was up to.

thanks for posting them Tam! i should be done watching it sometime next week... but from what I've seen it really looks like a good show.

Edited by cheriebobbins, 04 August 2010 - 10:09 AM.

#25 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,092 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:25 AM

this show was awesome, jack was hammered as shit.

"lets hear it for jay-z! cause i can say that motherfucker"

it was the jack white show last night.

It sounds to have been :lol: , I'm glad that he lets loose every now and again. That guy works his ass off and all work and no play makes for a very dull Jack. Looks like Allison took a spill off the monitor at the end of I Can't Hear You. My friend Tom was to be in attendance last night. I can not wait to hear from him.

Thanks for all of the videos Kali

#26 Adam C

Adam C

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:40 AM

Last night show was really a great one. This was my 4th time seeing The Dead Weather here in NY, and this may have been the tightest Ive heard them sound on a lot of the songs. While the setlist was amazing, I was sad thay didnt play "Gasoline"... I really wanted to hear Alison tear that one up live.

We waited after the show by the exit for the band to come out, and it didnt take too long. My wife tried to get a pic with Alison but she was really hesitant and we didnt want to push too hard. Dean and LJ did snap a few with some fans though.

Overall, a very cool night an an excellent venue.

#27 Devon

Devon

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:36 AM

I think the show was something very special. They changed the arrangements for almost every song on the list. So I would say we got a very special show. As soon as Jack got on stage with the champgagne bottle I knew my dreams had been fulfilled.

Some other highlights that nobody's mentioned. Maybe not many people heard but when Jack was singing on Treat me like you mother he changed it to "who's got it figued out? Jack white's got it figured out" and then broke into a smile

he also changed a few more of the lyrics into some silly rhyme which i wish i could remember right now

A special shout out to HARLEM! People really seem to hate on this band but think they're awesome. And I thought they played they're hearts out. They were loose and a little rough but that was their charm I felt. This is their first major album and their all young as hell, so I'm surprised people don't cut them more slack. They were awesome. And I'll be so bold as to recommend to these Harlem haters to check out the earliest recordings of Jack and realize that everyone starts out somewhere.

Great show, thanks to random guy who gave me a Harlem t-shirt on the subway. Sorry to the people behind me, I like to jump and shout and I never meant to step on anybodies toes.

#28 bluesmanjoey

bluesmanjoey

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:48 AM

yeah he was improvising alot...another cool part of treat me was the "play dumb play dead babe, hahaha" mock-baby voice he was doing.

harlem sux. and now for beatles rip off song #52!

#29 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:58 AM

Kali, thanks for the videos! :D

I'll try to get a recap and some pix--such as they are--up later

Some other highlights that nobody's mentioned. Maybe not many people heard but when Jack was singing on Treat me like you mother he changed it to "who's got it figued out? Jack white's got it figured out" and then broke into a smile

rip-off! I expect royalties for that one, Jack. Call me, we can work something out.

#30 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:13 AM

rip-off! I expect royalties for that one, Jack. Call me, we can work something out.

Haha! I thought I had deja vu when I read that! It's fun when Jack changes the lyrics, even if I cant always make out what he said.

omg in the middle of I cant hear you when Jack turns his guitar way up and then goes "what?" cracked me right up. cant wait until mackwacky posts his recap and pics,, well i can really but only because I'll be asleep soon..

Edited by cheriebobbins, 04 August 2010 - 10:33 AM.

#31 dillsnufus

dillsnufus

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:58 AM

great show yesterday , great energy from everyone one in the band. My photos from the show

#32 skytinged

skytinged

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:53 AM

What an insane show. The whole band was really at the top of their game, and so much more cohesive than when I saw them last tour. :wub:

#33 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,715 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:04 PM

After seeing some of the videos from L.A. and hearing about Jack being off the beat and such, it's so cool to know that he was able to cut loose at this last show and still put on a spectacular performance. What a difference between YJCW that night compared to last night! Did you lecture him after the L.A. show, Arthur? ;)

I hope the band enjoyed it as much as y'all did, and I mother-fuckin' wish I had been there.

#34 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,092 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:08 PM

Killer B&W's dillsnufus. Thank-you for sharing.

#35 dillsnufus

dillsnufus

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:19 PM

yea for some reason i don't think dw pics should be in color. i guess i'm just use to it from their videos and other pics
o here's vide i took

Edited by dillsnufus, 04 August 2010 - 12:21 PM.

#36 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,715 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:24 PM

This photo, of course, just had to be in color:

Posted Image

More photos at The Village Voice: The Dead Weather Diss Brooklyn Vegan, Invite Prospect Park to Kill a Cow With Them

And another review from Spinner: Dead Weather Wrap Tour in New York

#37 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,092 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:39 PM

Ha, nice

Posted Image

I love this one as well.

#38 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,092 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:42 PM

yea for some reason i don't think dw pics should be in color. i guess i'm just use to it from their videos and other pics
o here's vide i took

Thanks for the video.

Your pictures are making for some very nice desktops. I hope that you don't mind.

Edited by kts1997, 04 August 2010 - 12:43 PM.

#39 dillsnufus

dillsnufus

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:53 PM

Yea man no problem. which pic?

Edited by dillsnufus, 04 August 2010 - 01:30 PM.

#40 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:16 PM

thanks for the uploads, dillsnufus :D

I have to admit, we were pretty spoiled, this was our first TDW show where noone had early entry (in fact i haven't heard that anyone got it). So my pix are a blurfest, and seeing as how i forgot my glasses, my view wasn't as good as it should have been--i was about 15 bodies from center stage.

Jack was breathing fire from out of the gate (as you've heard). All in all everybody was totally on and tight as ever. These guys are so cranked up live, every element has so much more punch and power. Not much to add that hasn't been said--Jack was jovial and not as wound-up as he gets, but played with unbridled ferocity, like if this is the last show, i'm gonna flatten these drums. Alison actually broke character and smiled a few times during the show. Dazzling Dean deftly took center stage at one point during the encore. An LJ is just the coolest dude in show biz and his bass was razor sharp and roaring.

Sea of Cowards sounded way better to me live, I'm still kind of eh about the album. The Horehound stuff quaked. Forever My Queen and You just Can't Win are brilliant. And the Veronica guitar was there, but not used.

It was a great show, i was hoping for something special for the "last" show--a guest star, a longer set, a weird cover tune or at the very least some acknowledgment at the end. But it was not to be. And no show poster! No last show poster!

here's my fuzzy fotos:
http://s272.photobuc...rooklyn 080310/

some of the better ones:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users