94 replies to this topic

#1 Gordon Davidescu

Gordon Davidescu

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

I'm here now. Found out too late that the mercy table was cash only. So it goes. We should have a board button so you can see someone and say hey, I also post on that board. Then the person says board? I found this on the street.

In theory it works.

#2 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:04 PM

Where are you Gordon?

#3 Gordon Davidescu

Gordon Davidescu

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:18 PM

7 rows back. You can't miss me cause I'm the only Jew wearing a yarmulke that I can see and I'm wearing a blue shirt with thin pink stripes and black pants and a cartoon pirate shoulder bag. I'm closer to the right side of the stage from the audience perspective or left from theirs.

#4 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,280 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:42 PM

Please post all reviews, setlists, photos, etc., in this thread only please. Thanks, and enjoy the show!

#5 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:59 PM

Hope the weather holds out qnd have a great show!!

#6 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:02 PM

I'm probably 15 rows back in the center; black t, black jeans behind some tall dude in s white t and a beard

#7 Gordon Davidescu

Gordon Davidescu

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:15 PM

How'd you like that opener?

#8 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,678 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:57 PM

You guys are so cute, talking to each other at the show via the LR :D

#9 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:59 PM

*tee hee* the things you can do with a good phone huh?

#10 Gordon Davidescu

Gordon Davidescu

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:26 PM

My goodness they really kicked it tonight. I was hoping for a treat me like your mother and it was the last encore and they did it justice. Allison kept getting the cord tangled and suited dudes would run out and untangle it.

There was so much energy tonight. They seemed reluctant to end the show. Heh half the songs ended with Allison falling over at the end.

Tangentially it was a great crowd for figuring out when to clap to the beat and when to stop. I could have done without the manic sweaty shirtless dude who nearly pushed me over, tho.

Fantastic show.

#11 getbehindmejack

getbehindmejack

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:30 PM

Sounds like a great show. Hopefully not the LAST last show...

#12 Lux White

Lux White

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:39 PM

The opening act sucked. I couldn't wait for them to be over.

But my oh my was TDW fantastic. A real, quality rock 'n' roll show. I love Jack White with all my heart. He is the best. Ever.

I am literally speechless.

Edited by Lux White, 03 August 2010 - 10:41 PM.

#13 ArthurDottweiler923

ArthurDottweiler923

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:55 PM

High energy from the band the whole night. Only two things disappointed me, 1) while the instruments sounded great, the microphones left the band's voices sounding unclear a number of times--sometimes, Jack was hard to hear in the back, especially. Maybe that's the problem with an outdoor venue, not sure. Second, seeing as this was their last show together probably for a few years, I thought they'd do something special--play songs they don't play usually, throw something new in, or at the very least play a longer show than average. But that's okay, it was still a pretty great show.

Memorable moments-- a lot from Mr. White. He wore the hat. He came out on stage smoking a cigar and then made some sort of flame thrower, scaring Alison with it. Then he popped a bottle of champagne, which he took several healthy swigs from later. He kept throwing once of his cymbals to the ground, making the roadie with the huge beard constantly come over to fix it. Another great moment with that roadie: during the band intros, he teased Alison about smoking Parliaments and having a star tattoo--which prompted her to knock some of his equipment over, by the way--and then said something about her being a vegan. After asking something like, "Who wants to kill a fucking cow up here?" he called the longbearded fellow over, and with an arm around the shoulder of this timid looking fellow said to us all, hilariously, "He's from upstate. What do you think he eats? You think he orders salmon and crackers and avocado, all that shit. Get the fuck out of here!" and then sent the roadie back. It was the funniest thing I've ever heard him say. He threw the f-bomb around more than I've seen before, and Alison threw one in during the last song. Last highlight from JW, perhaps the best, during "You Just Can't Win," he took the mic pole and used it like a cane and then started twirling it while singing, doing a dance that looked like a combo of him from the ICLAB video and Michael Jackson. It was absolutely great.

And of course, Dean and LJ were great as always, looking happy and playing their hearts out.

Setlist:

60 Feet Tall
Hang You From The Heavens --Jack stopped the whole band for like a minute, until they all burst into action in a cloud of smoke.
You Just Can't Win --great stuff stated above
So Far From Your Weapon
I Cut Like A Buffalo
No Horse
Difference Between Us
I'm Mad
Rocking Horse
Hustle and Cuss
Die By The Drop
New Pony
Will There Be Enough Water?
--------------
Forever My Queen (?)
Blue Blood Blues
I Can't Hear You -- woo!
Treat Me Like Your Mother

#14 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:19 PM

Thanks for the low down guys :)

LOL, i say fire and a cigar and champagne is a pretty special way to end a last show of a tour.

Jack dancing in YJCW? man i hope new yorkers love their video capture devicesPosted Image

oh. saw some of it. dance was cute, but awwww.....very emotional rendition of the song...

Edited by cheriebobbins, 04 August 2010 - 01:39 AM.

#15 Tommy Little

Tommy Little

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:21 AM

III

Edited by Tommy Little, 04 July 2014 - 08:32 PM.

#16 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:30 AM

Thanks a lot for the review--sounds like another of "those nights," wish I'd been there :D --but please don't say it's their last show "for a few years"!

#17 Tommy Little

Tommy Little

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:31 AM

III

Edited by Tommy Little, 04 July 2014 - 08:31 PM.

#18 Tommy Little

Tommy Little

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:32 AM

III

Edited by Tommy Little, 04 July 2014 - 08:31 PM.

#19 Renfield

Renfield

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:12 AM

I'm exhausted from the utter insanity that was today so I don't have a lot to say now, but Jesus Christ was this show amazing. They may not have played any special songs (well I guess "Forever My Queen" may count as we haven't seen it much on this tour) but every moment the band was on stage was fucking intense and awe-inspiring. Easily the best of the three DW shows I've seen.
A couple highlights:
-Jack & his hairspray flame-thrower.
-Jack standing at the edge of the stage & trying to spray us with champagne. It didn't work out as well as he wanted it to :lol:
-Alison climbing on the drum kit & getting in Jack's face after he made all those cracks about how she's "white as fuck"
- Dean taking center stage more than I've ever seen before. He looked so happy to be there, they all did. I don't think it'll be too long before we see these four together again.

Did anybody get early entry to this show?

I was about 4 people into the line & when I got to the stage there was no one there, so either there was no early entry or the folks who got it didn't know/show up. And no, there definitely wasn't a poster. The merch guy said they almost never print them for outdoor shows because the humidity, weather, etc tends to damage them, and that pisses people off.

#20 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,678 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:51 AM

People should not talk about watching videos of shows unless they're gonna post the link (I still love you, Cherie ;) )

Part of YJCW:

TMLYM:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users