48 replies to this topic

#1 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,284 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:01 PM

Please post all reviews, setlists, photos, etc., in this thread only please. Thanks, and enjoy the show!

#2 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,111 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:19 PM

There's a ton of you there, I wish you all a rocK'in show!!!

#3 3brokenbricks3

3brokenbricks3

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

First thoughts: Harlem = the black lips you can take home to mom

#4 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,111 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

Posted Image kay

#5 elizab0727

elizab0727

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

First thoughts: Harlem = the black lips you can take home to mom

Umm.....I am the mom and we're going tomorrow. So is Harlem good enough to show up early for?

#6 rob_toronto

rob_toronto

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:29 PM

Looking forward to hearing about this show, hope you guys are having a blast!!!

#7 3brokenbricks3

3brokenbricks3

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:17 PM

Umm.....I am the mom and we're going tomorrow. So is Harlem good enough to show up early for?

Haha. They're definitely not bad and they're definitely not amazing. You'll be fine either way.

Show was really good. Didn't know they hung goat heads everywhere haha. Good mix of both albums. Just Can't Win was the only non album song I can remember. All the white girls tripped when Jack sung at this Monday service.

#8 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,740 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:42 PM

This white girl was certainly tripping. For some reason, this show was much more of a blur than the others I've seen this year. We were packed a bit tighter on the rail, so maybe I was more conscious of the people around me and that could've been a bit of a distraction. Didn't stop me from having a hell of a time, but I couldn't remember the set list right now if you paid me to. So, here's some random babbling of whatever impressions I can pluck out of my ringing head.

Harlem were not as tight as they were in D.C. three weeks ago. The crowd was a bit dull during their set, but started getting psyched up during the set change.

When the techs were setting up between acts, Jack's guitar tech brought Veronica out as usual. He brought her up near the front and I yelled for him to turn her around. Instead of turning her so we could see Ms. Lake, he just sort of flipped her so we had a brief upside down glimpse. She still didn't get played.

Some of us started hollering "Play some Beefheart!!" once all of the guitars were set up.

Jack was quiet tonight, only a few brief comments to the audience. He seemed to be watching folks on the balcony a lot and grinned in that direction a few times. I was curious what he was seeing, but didn't turn my head up that way 'cause I didn't want to miss anything happening on the stage.

There were a couple of moments when Dean and LJ moved back towards the drums and Alison headed over by the keyboards. Those of you who love Ruthless, please don't be pissed at me but I really, really got a kick out of seeing the three guys grooving together by themselves. There should be much, much more of that (some day soon, hopefully!).

Speaking of Ruthless, I think I've discovered that she has no tendencies towards the ladies. I promised someone I'd blow a kiss at her and I did (I think it was during I'm Mad). She stared at me for a moment, then took a couple steps away and turned and stared at me again. Then she didn't stop near that area of the stage for the rest of the night, to the annoyance of a guy behind me who was in love with her ;)

Will There Be Enough Water was, as always, riveting. I don't think the solo was quite as intense as the D.C. show, but Jack was incredibly into it.

We got Blue Blood Blues and Jawbreaker in the encore, but no I Can't Hear You. Much as I love Blue Blood, I think I would've been happier if Jack had come back out to play guitar more than once.

And I can't wait to see my chiropractor tomorrow (tonight? Yes, it's after midnight, so tonight), because I banged my head way too hard. Soooooo very worth it, though :D

Last but not least, I have got to say how much I have enjoyed meeting fellow fans at the shows I've been to. For every Jack White rant about cowards hiding behind screen names and avatars, I could name a handful of people I've met through this forum and the Vault who are fun and generous and wonderful. The way we've helped each other out with "plus one" situations and saving rail spots at shows is fantastic. I love this little internet community dedicated to Jack's music, I really do.

And now that I'm getting all sappy, it's probably time to log off and go to sleep ;)

Edited by Kali Durga, 03 August 2010 - 12:14 AM.

#9 vivaguitarra

vivaguitarra

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:22 AM

The show was amazing. First time seeing any of jack's band's live and i was just blown away. Really dug the poster for the show to! Setlist was awesome the only thing i wish was I Can't Hear You would have been added but ah well no complaints here !

#10 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:55 AM

thanks for the review Kali... lol, did Alison think you were serious with the blowing kisses? :lol: oops.

sounds like a lot of fun.

#11 getbehindmejack

getbehindmejack

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:22 AM

oh man, what a night. I met so many of you tonight (including Kali! hi!!) The setlist was unreal. We got early entry, got a poster (brought my tube :) ), got FRONT ROW CENTER. Unreal. Being so close to one of my favorite bands.I think the entire area where we were was filled with Little Roomers, it made me very happy to meet some....sorry I can't remember all of you right now off the top of my head.

Jack looks so awkward sometimes, he rarely looked at the crowd, but that's what makes him endearing. LJ looks better in person with that beard, and Dean, oh man, can't say enough good things about him.
BUT.
Alison was on fire. So incredible. She came and got right in my face multiple times, posing for me and my little camera. I got some AWESOME shots of her getting right in front of me.Also, I winked at her in between songs at one point, while she wasn't in her little trance, and I saw a smile come to that face! THen again during "Treat Me Like Your Mother," I must have looked funny singing "treat me like your motherrrrrrr" with my eyes all wide because for a split second I saw her give me that little smile.

Oh shit, and then we met the three (minus Jack White of course) right after the venue, got my poster signed and everything. LJ said to me "I was glad to see you guys having some fun in the front row." What a nice guy. Dean is a really nice guy too.
Ok, WHEW! What a Night, i need to get to bed.

Best show I've been to in a long, long time.

#12 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:26 AM

"I was glad to see you guys having some fun in the front row."

Awwwww

#13 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:46 AM

Were there a lot of black people at the show?

#14 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,111 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:07 AM

Posted Image what?!Posted Image stop it Tim.

Kali LOL, I can see Alison staring at you thinking wtf?! That's to funny. I'm glad that she didn't pull out her gun. I know just what you mean about the people on this board. I've met the kindest souls here and I am really thankful for their friendships. I can travel all over the country to go to a show and always someone will be there Posted Image .

And getbehindmejack, what a night you had. 1st Jack show ever and your on the rail AND you get to meet BR. Nice!! I love to hear stories like this.

#15 dcnorfolk

dcnorfolk

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:58 AM

Great show of course, but I forgot to pick up a poster on the way out. Does anybody have a poster they are willing to sell me?

Also, did the posters seem cheap last night? The design looked sweet but I remember buying a poster at 930 club during the last tour and it seemed much nicer - like an artistic print on nice paper. Whereas last night it seemed just like a normal piece of paper. (Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about). I have a few pictures if anybody's interested.

Attached File  Jack2.jpg   598.33K   18 downloads

#16 AnonymousBrunette

AnonymousBrunette

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:01 AM

Man, they just keep getting better. It seemed as though the band felt loved as well.

I don't know if TMR realizes what they've done with early entry. Not only does it make for some of the most indelible concert/life experiences ever, it connects people to one another (and to the TMR empire) in profound ways. Pretty groovy that (oops) LJ noticed the chemistry.

It was great meeting Joe, Paul, and GBMJ. I always enjoy seeing TAM who can be counted on for any show near DC, and my dearest gig-buddy/enabler, Juliette. I agree with Fran - seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones has become one of the highlights of these shows.

Edited by AnonymousBrunette, 03 August 2010 - 12:51 PM.

#17 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,740 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:12 AM

I always enjoy seeing TAM who can be counted on for any show near DC...

As well as a few farther away, if time and expenses permit. One of these days, ARA, we need to actually hang out together at a show ;)

dcnorfolk, how silly. Of course we're interested in your photos! Bring 'em on, please.

And getbehindmejack, obviously Alison liked you better than me. I may have to go sulk now...

Edited by Kali Durga, 03 August 2010 - 09:16 AM.

#18 ToyMachine228

ToyMachine228

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:02 AM

Drove down from NY to Baltimore to see the show last night and it was god damn amazing. First time I've seen them and I can't wait to see them again now. Jack's kick drum was booming in your chest...Dean was a total badass...Alison was really on top of her game and Little Jack is always great. So much energy in their set. It was just amazing. Don't know how else to put it.

#19 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:54 AM

Man, they just keep getting better. It seemed as though the band felt loved as well.

I don't know if TMR realizes what they've done with early entry. Not only does it make for some of the most indelible concert/life experiences ever, it connects people to one another (and to the TMR empire) in profound ways. Pretty groovy that Dean noticed the chemistry.

It was great meeting Joe, Paul, and GBMJ. I always enjoy seeing TAM who can be counted on for any show near DC, and my dearest gig-buddy/enabler, Juliette. I agree with Fran - seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones has become one of the highlights of these shows.

That's so cool, makes me all warm and fuzzy. meeting people at the shows and get to make your own little crowd group. It is so nice that the LJ noticed your fun and told gbmj that he did. if you can rely on there being some like minded people around you at the show, makes it so much better. early entry is a good thing. and not just for getting ahead of the line.

were you guys somewhere between front middle and LJ's spot? I was just watching Jack do some nice water Solo's right down low at that part on evil YT.

And getbehindmejack, obviously Alison liked you better than me. I may have to go sulk now...

awww *hug* .......... *blows kisses* Posted Image

#20 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:58 AM

FUN FUN FUN!!!

I got to stand right between Anonymous Brunette (my partner in crime) and getbehindmejack - great to me you - and YES, Alison was totally flirting with you! ;)

This is not my fave venue but being up front was amazing....

And I agree about the early entry - it really does help us get together.

Just having a little post-show sadness that I don't have another Dead Weather show to go to....sniff...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users