10 replies to this topic

#1 Lux White

Lux White

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:03 PM

Ok guys so I'm officially and finally popping my Dead Weather concert cherry tomorrow night in Brookyln, and I would like to take home a souvenir (other than the 100+ pictures I know I will be taking). How much do t-shirts go for? Posters? Etc.? I wanna know how much cash I should bring.

#2 hawke000

hawke000

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

dont take your fucking camera. dont enjoy the show through a 2.5 inch screen. JACK DEMANDS IT.

#3 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,780 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:16 PM

Oh my, hawke and I actually agree on something. Much as I appreciate all the great photos folks take and post here, I'd never bother with a camera myself. Takes you out of the moment when you're concentrating on getting a good shot instead of what's actually happening.

That said, I'm looking forward to your 100+ pictures :) As I was struggling through the crowd after the DC show, I think I noticed that the shirts were $20-30 dollars. Posters seemed around the high end of that.

#4 Spamber

Spamber

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:23 PM

In Detroit, T-shirts were $25, poster was $30.. SOC CD was was 15.. aaand I forget how much the vinyls were going for. I have to say, the burning baby carriage tshirt is pretty darn sweet !

I have nothing against bringing a camera. so don't let these two bully you around ;)
Alison loves the camera... if you're front row you'll get some awesome shots of her for sure

Edited by Spamber, 02 August 2010 - 02:24 PM.

#5 hawke000

hawke000

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:31 PM

In Detroit, T-shirts were $25, poster was $30.. SOC CD was was 15.. aaand I forget how much the vinyls were going for. I have to say, the burning baby carriage tshirt is pretty darn sweet !

I have nothing against bringing a camera. so don't let these two bully you around ;)
Alison loves the camera... if you're front row you'll get some awesome shots of her for sure

shhhhh. ;) I'm trying to intimidate them into having a BETTER time first time around. After that go camera crazy.

#6 Daniel Lioneye

Daniel Lioneye

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:55 PM

If you are going to take pictures, only take a couple. When I saw them in Minneapolis, the jackass in front of me took probably 100 pictures throughout the show...as a result, I got to watch the show through his camera's lcd screen more than I cared for.

Don't be that person.

Take a pic when they are walking out and when they are taking their bow at the end.

#7 Maschine Man

Maschine Man

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,161 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:49 PM

Take as many fucking photos as you want. Go for it. I do.

When you do, take them in bursts, and don't hold the camera up, put it in front of your face as close as possible.

#8 Lux White

Lux White

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:04 PM

Thanks for the tips peeps :)

#9 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:06 PM

Take as many fucking photos as you want. Go for it. I do.

When you do, take them in bursts, and don't hold the camera up, put it in front of your face as close as possible.

this. i don't even put my LCD on for shows now. i have to *gasp* look through my viewfinder!

and don't use your fucking flash for all the photos either. flash is annoying for everyone and should be limited.

#10 RyanS

RyanS

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:31 AM

around 2:15, Alison makes sweet love to the camera. What a fantastic front to an incredible band.

#11 LafayetteBluesMan2

LafayetteBluesMan2

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:01 PM

The SOC Vinyl is 25 bucks, so is the T-shirt.
(And yeah, the burning carriage tee is awesome! I got that one although I would have preferred the one with the freaky wolf-lady, but they only had ladies sizes...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users