88 replies to this topic

#21 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,187 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:27 AM

She's a piece of work, that one. She walks like Jim Morrison, sings like Patti Smith, contorts like Iggy Pop, and plays guitar like a four-year-old with stumps for hands.

Posted Image ya she is one piece of work. Best take on BR I've ever heard.

#22 DougieZero

DougieZero

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 287 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:19 AM

will there be enough water solo = Posted Image

#23 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,786 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:44 AM

Oh my. Part of me hopes to hell that someone got video of that solo. Another part of me, though, is afraid that someone got video of that solo.

#24 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:46 AM

No shit! That is the one thing that has bugged me at their shows.

Glad someone else said it cause I felt like I was going to have a seizure after about 10 minutes :lol:

#25 Lombo

Lombo

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:08 AM

Great show. The crowd was really into it and the band was feeding off of it. I've seen the Dead Weather 3 times now and that's the most energy I've seen them bring. Jack seemed to go all out on Will There Be Enough Water, more than usual. They really had a lot of love for the city.
Best part was I'm buddies with Alison's cousin and we got to go to the bar where they were having the after party. It blew my mind, just chilling with the Dead Weather at this tiny ass bar. When I complimented LJ on the show he kind of smirked and shook his head and said that one was something special. Alison was awesome. She was pretty hammered and having a great time. She took a few pics with us, even grabbed the camera and started taking a few of my friends and I. Meg was there, her and Alison were chilling for a while. Overall an absolutely amazing experience. Easily one of my favorite shows I've ever been too.

#26 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,187 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:41 AM

sounds like one hellava night for you! Congrats. Would love to see some photos if you are willling to share.

#27 chapter24

chapter24

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:31 PM

haha, very good show. i got my ticket months ago, I had no idea you could get a "front of the line" pass, i was jealous of all of you, watching your little line from across the street in my big line. but i was towards the front of the big line, and somehow, despite the absence of a front of the line pass, i still got up to the rail.

I got some very good footage. I was toot ired to get out my camera (my legs were killing me from standing all day), but I could not resist. I ended up getting some pretty good footage. I am not good with computers but I will figure out a way to share them.

Highlights I got on tape:

Jack's Delilah story and band introduction, leading into Hussle and Cuss, the whole thing... this is my most prized footage, because usually Jack does not talk much. This is the most I have seen him talk, it was like he was about to start doing some stand-up comedy. He was certainly getting the laughs. And it is really close ;-)

And I got Will There Be Enough Water from start to finish, up close and personal.

What else? Cuts Like A Buffalo, a handful of other songs, and the entire encore

#28 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,187 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:00 PM

I'm screaming with delight. Best news yet. If you have problems, just ask and someone will help you upload the footage. Can not wait to see itPosted Image

Oh and the early entry, join the Vault. That is one of the perks of being a member.

Edited by kts1997, 01 August 2010 - 01:01 PM.

#29 DougieZero

DougieZero

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 287 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:15 PM

and somehow, despite the absence of a front of the line pass, i still got up to the rail.

oh... you were one of THOSE people... even though about 20 vault people and 50+ fast pass people were let in before you, some sort of luck allowed you on the rail.

i learned my lesson as a kid going to my first GA concert in the mid-90's... i got an elbow thrown into my chest and i couldn't breathe for like a minute... i never tried that again. girls somehow get away with this.... <_<

#30 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:28 PM

Not mine, but Die By The Drop

Will There Be Enough Water

This person may have more, I haven't looked at all their uploads yet.

Edited by Ak1nney, 01 August 2010 - 02:31 PM.

#31 Little Jellybee

Little Jellybee

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:50 PM

awesome videos, thank you

here's the poster
http://insidetherock...ter-by-rob.html

Edited by Little Jellybee, 01 August 2010 - 03:06 PM.

#32 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:09 PM

awesome videos, thank you

here's the poster
http://insidetherock...ter-by-rob.html

I took my brother's word on whether or not to get the poster because he saw it and I didn't. Not a fan. Both DW shows I've been to have had posters I didn't care for at all... Oh well.

#33 cjclar09

cjclar09

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:34 PM

So, did anyone else notice that in the Die By The Drop video that was posted Jack White split his drum stick, threw it out, grabbed another one, and never missed a beat (at 2min 52sec.). I was pretty amazed, I definitely didn't see that when they were playing. Also, I was upset that I didn't get picked for early entry, but I did have that fast pass thing and was still about three people back from the barricade. Awesome show by the way and the poster is definitely the coolest one yet, for this tour, in my opinion. Did anyone write down the set list? I can't remember what order they played stuff in?

#34 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,786 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

I took my brother's word on whether or not to get the poster because he saw it and I didn't. Not a fan. Both DW shows I've been to have had posters I didn't care for at all... Oh well.

Edgar Allan Poe with a gun? Yeah, I'm not a fan of that one, either :unsure:

And, shite! That drum stick went flying and another one just appeared in his hand! Must've pulled it out of his magic hat.

chapter24, can't wait to see what you filmed :D

Edited by Kali Durga, 01 August 2010 - 03:45 PM.

#35 Spamber

Spamber

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

Back home.. and of course the first thing I did was go through my pictures. Enjoy ! :)

Pictures: http://www.facebook....bc&id=503977419

Alison reaching for my camera: http://www.facebook....19&l=864d7d5c5f

#36 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,187 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:03 PM

no shit, those videos a gorgeous. Thanks Ak1 and thanks spambler for the photos Posted Image

Jack in that f'ing hat slays me Posted Image and I'm glad to see that Rob did the Detroit print.

Edited by kts1997, 01 August 2010 - 05:14 PM.

#37 DougieZero

DougieZero

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 287 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:22 PM

Posted Image

#38 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,786 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:24 PM

That's awesome :D

#39 dziama

dziama

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:20 PM

Not mine, but Die By The Drop

Will There Be Enough Water

This person may have more, I haven't looked at all their uploads yet.

These are actually my video's. I haven't had a chance to finish uploading everything yet but I do have more. Not that it matters to everyone- but they were shot in HD. I also have quite a few pics from the show. Just not sure where the appropriate place to post them here would be.

#40 rsimms3

rsimms3

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:31 PM

These are actually my video's. I haven't had a chance to finish uploading everything yet but I do have more. Not that it matters to everyone- but they were shot in HD. I also have quite a few pics from the show. Just not sure where the appropriate place to post them here would be.

It matters to me, they look gorgeous! Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users