27 replies to this topic

#1 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,282 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:58 AM

Please post all reviews, setlists, photos, etc., in this thread only please. Thanks, and enjoy the show!

#2 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,086 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:40 AM

Have a great show chitown Posted Image

#3 rsimms3

rsimms3

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:43 AM

Won early entry. :thumbsup:

#4 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,086 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

nice.............congrats!

#5 Spamber

Spamber

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

Have fun everyone!

#6 whitestripesman

whitestripesman

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:00 AM

Had a lot of fun tonight. Overall a great show... crowd was the usual pushing shoving, heat drenched pit etc. A lot of smiles on stage tonight and many playful jabs at each other. the Posters did not make it to the show so you had to sign up for it. They did have the milwaukee show poster for sale! I really did not enjoy Harlem- did they have any idea what they were doing on that stage? It disappoints me to see such poor stage craft when I work so hard on my/our own.

#7 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,086 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:13 AM

sorry to hear about Harlem, but I'm glad TDW was spot on. Did this show ever sell out?

#8 rsimms3

rsimms3

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

Harlem didn't hit the stage until 9pm so people were already getting pissed about the time and then they really seemed like they were there just to collect a paycheck. Under different circumstances, I probably would have liked them but not last night. Too tired to write a whole lot, but they did play that SoC vinyl hidden track last night. It was more than just a tag, it probably lasted a good 2 minutes before they broke into the next song which I don't really have a clue what it was at the moment.

Edited by rsimms3, 31 July 2010 - 10:12 AM.

#9 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:14 AM

what time did TDW start? Harlem didn't take stage until 9? :ph34r: Late night eh?

#10 whitestripesman

whitestripesman

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

Harlem didn't hit the stage until 9pm so people were already getting pissed about the time and then they really seemed like they were there just to collect a paycheck. Under different circumstances, I probably would have liked them but not last night. Too tired to write a whole lot, but they did play that SoC vinyl hidden track last night. It was more than just a tag, it probably lasted a good 2 minutes before they broke into the next song which I don't really have a clue what it was at the moment.

I think they went into I'm Mad but i'm not sure

#11 rsimms3

rsimms3

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:14 PM

That sounds right.

#12 whitestripesman

whitestripesman

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:14 PM

^^ Hey Man! I am the one you helped out with the early entry. thanks again!

#13 JeffL

JeffL

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:37 PM

I believe they went into Bone House after the hidden track. I agree with everyone else Harlem were not very good. They took a break in between each song. They had no passion and not to be harsh but were just not very good.

Dead Weather went on around 10:15 and finished a little after 11:45. They were all on there A game but they Congress Theater shit sound didn't do them justice. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't the best quality at all. I felt bad because I brought my friend and it was his first time seeing Jack live and he really enjoyed it but I'm not sure if it met his expectations. Last time when they played the Vic they sounded amazing.

It was hot as hell in there and also reminded me why I hate all ages shows and especially Q101 sponsored shows.

Edited by JeffL, 31 July 2010 - 03:41 PM.

#14 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,282 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:48 PM

Interesting that they would play a show sponsored by Q101 given their (should we now call it alleged?) falling out about leaking "Icky Thump"

#15 JeffL

JeffL

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:55 PM

I know right. Now they rarely play anything Jack White related expect 7 nation army.

#16 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:58 AM

Interesting that they would play a show sponsored by Q101 given their (should we now call it alleged?) falling out about leaking "Icky Thump"

oh snap I had completely forgotten about that :P

#17 babyruthless69

babyruthless69

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:45 PM

This was my fourth DW show since October and I must say it was the worst only because it was indoors which made the sound terrible. I still don't understand why the band started so late. It wasn't a bad show overall and I think they really jammed on the new songs. The opening act was terrible!

The VIP seating was amazing with a perfect view of the stage,free beer, alcohol, and finger food. It was worth $100. It's really sad that the city doesn't maintain the theaters. The architecture on the inside is beautiful but needs some serious restoring.

#18 dreamover

dreamover

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 485 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:27 AM

i went to see dead weather in st. louis in may which was amazing. then i saw them at the secret show in chicago a couple months ago. decided to sit this one out because i HATE the congress theater. sounds like it's fine that i did. not sure how it could've topped the last two i saw.

#19 babyruthless69

babyruthless69

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:51 AM

I heard from many people that the secret shows were amazing.

#20 JeffL

JeffL

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:30 PM

http://jeffaction.wo...e-for-disaster/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users