#41 Candeechild

Candeechild

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:02 PM

If you guys insist!

Its kinda long tho..but i think its well worth it. ;) Hope there are no typos and that it makes sense. lol

Well, after the show, i went around the building to where i saw their tour buses were. There was already quite a large crowd. I asked why everyone was there, and they said they're hoping to meet the band. I thought great, i am in the right place. It was maybe around 11:30pm..and i we were all surrounding the doors of the building, and the gate from the back of the buliding. Anyway, we all waited and waited...and i heard one girl say it was 11:55pm.

I was also curious, so i tried to count how many people were there, and i counted at least 40. Wow. Anywhoo, little by little..more people took off, lost patience, went home, you know how it is. I was a little bit more determined then that tho, and so, i waited. But then the wait was getting ridiculous. More people took off. The crowd was thinning out. Then all of a sudden we see Dean! he walked over into the street with some other guy, i think someone in a band someone said..and he signed a few autographs, then ran away. Literally RAN! LOL He was too far from me, and so i just didnt bother. He wasnt my main focus anyway. Sorry Dean.
In the meantime, the crew was loading all the equipment up in the storage that was attached to the tour bus. We kept looking in the doors and waiting and waiting..but still nothing.

Then the remaning people which was about 20...waited around some more for Jack, Alison and LJ.Then finally we hear one of the security guards tell everyone that the band had already left. WHAT? Arrgh! people were bummed out..and so, more left. But not some of us. lol we just didnt believe that. And why you ask? Because the tour buses were still there! So we thought hmmmmm...think we will wait some more. They gotta come out sooner or later. Well, later came and still no band. I started chatting with this other guy who was also very determined and was not going to give up until the tour busses leave. lol So it was just a small handfull of us, like about 12 people or so. We waited,and waited, it was really late. We were tired, hungry and running out of patience...and hope. We saw someone else from the crew,and they told us the band has already left, that we should just all go..and that we are waiting for nothing. ..and we thought...nope! lol tour bus stil there, and its running..hmmm...doesnt sound like they left to us. haha

Hours started to go by, and there was only that guy, and 3 of his friends. So there was only 5 of us and it was really getting into the wee hours. So we waited, and waited. Then one the tour buses, the equipment one, finally took off, but there stood, the other tour bus, still waiting there..hmmmm. Then after more waiting, i saw the bus driver to that bus and i just went right up to him and ask, hey, are you waiting for the band? And he said YES! .........Whoo hoo! good thing we waited...

Some random guy was walking down the sidewalk and started chatting with us. He was telling us of different bands he met and so on.. So now there was 6 of us there, but still no sight of the band. This was really getting ridiculous. The guy i was with said, this is crazy! I said, I know! LOL ..But its like we waited that long, why give up now? They gotta be here sooner or later, the tour bus is still here. Plus one of the tour buses license plate said Tennessee. So the guy i was talking to went over to sit in his car with his friends a few feet away. I was on the sidewalk, and its like 3:00 am in the morning, and i had to go to work the next day ARGH!

Then all of a sudden i see this silver car drive up to the back of the bus, then seemed to change their minds and come to the front of the bus where we were, and it pulled up to the curb and parked. The door opened and out rolled Dean, then some roadies,The guy i was with said..THIS IS IT! LOL.. Then the rest of the band came out. And then i saw Jack! Hallelujah!~ :lol: He saw us all there and he said "Awwww...i didnt know you guys were waiting." .....LOL He walked over towards us..and to me and put his arm around my waste. Of course i was like. WHOA! LOL Then we all gathered around him and someone had one of the roadie guys take a picture of us. Not sure if the whole band was in that pic tho. But then came the more one on one autograph signing. I wanted Jack to sign something, but i had nothing. I borrowed a pen from that guy, and i asked Jack to sign the inside of my purse. Its a cotton purse, so its easy to write on. He signed it, but then i ....(sorry guys, gotta get mushy here) ...i asked Jack for a hug. At least i think i asked,lol.. or maybe i just went in for the hug. lol *sorry about that Jack...hope that was okay*...Anyway, we hugged and i said, thanks Jack.

Then i saw LJ. He was kinda standing alone at times so i went right up to him and shook his hand. He was so sweet and so approachable. Finally Alison came around and she looked beat. She looked so tired, that that was all i could say to her. I said.."You look tired." ..lol *lame* she signed the t-shirt of that guy i was with. I had nothing for her to sign with, but things were winding on down.
Then i went over to LJ again and said i didnt have any pen for him to sign anything with, so i just shook his hand again and said something, can't remember what now.

I wasnt sure where Dean was this whole time, nor did i really think to look for him. I think i was a bit distracted..heh.
Then they all went in the tour bus to get ready to leave. The guy i was with said..WE DID IT!! ..Yes, we did. Our preseverance and common sense told us to stick around. What started off as over 40 people ended up with only 5...(including that stranger that made 6) ..at about 3:00 am in the morning...ended up with more then we hoped for. It was well worth the wait!
And hey, i have wanted to meet Jack for the past 7 years, since I've been a fan. Looks like i fnally got my wish! :D

Oh yeah, the guy has the pictures that was taken in his camera. I had given him my email addy last night because he said he would send me the photo. So far i havent seen any email. I hope he sends it and didnt lose my email addy . UGH.......If he does send it, i will ask him if i could post it here so i can show you guys. Hope he has it..i want to see the photo. I dont know why i didnt think to get HIS email. I have no way in contacting him. Ack!

Edited by Candeechild, 22 July 2010 - 11:30 PM.

#42 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:29 PM

If you guys insist!

I'm sure your photo will turn up, if not, you can't forget that experience! lol

Glad you got to meet them. I want to SO bad (as do many other), but I won't be able to wait after my show this tour :(

Congratulations tho!

Edited by Ak1nney, 22 July 2010 - 10:30 PM.

#43 Candeechild

Candeechild

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:40 PM

I'm sure your photo will turn up, if not, you can't forget that experience! lol

I hope so, but i really should have taken his email. He may have lost mine. It was written so quickly on a piece of paper, who knows what he did with it after he got home.

And this is very true!!

Glad you got to meet them. I want to SO bad (as do many other), but I won't be able to wait after my show this tour :(

I'm sorry. :(
I waited, even tho i had work today, but i called in and said i was going to be an hour late, and they were okay with that.

Congratulations tho!

Thanks. And adding this, the whole band was so nice, and so cool. Makes the experience so much better. :)

#44 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:02 PM

thanks for sharing!that sounds really cool.

Edited by cheriebobbins, 22 July 2010 - 11:03 PM.

#45 Candeechild

Candeechild

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:15 PM

thanks for sharing!that sounds really cool.

No problem, and it was. :) :P

#46 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:57 PM

Your perseverance sure paid off, and I'm sure you'll get the pic. :) What a great memory for you, and I have to say, it sounds as if Jack had sobered up a bit by that time--maybe the reason you had to wait so long was the rest of the band were pouring buckets of cold water over him. :lol:

#47 Candeechild

Candeechild

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:10 AM

Your perseverance sure paid off, and I'm sure you'll get the pic. :)

Yes it did.
Oh i sure hope so, thank you. Maybe he just hadn't had the time yet to upload it..

What a great memory for you, and I have to say, it sounds as if Jack had sobered up a bit by that time--maybe the reason you had to wait so long was the rest of the band were pouring buckets of cold water over him. :lol:

:lol: yeah, he was sober by then.
And its funny how we wouldnt give up, no matter how grim it looked, and we almost lost hope a number of times. I said to him, i said, we wouldnt want to be driving away in our cars to look in the rear view mirror to see them getting into the tour bus. ACK! That right there caused us to wait more.hahah

Edited by Candeechild, 23 July 2010 - 12:11 AM.

#48 candycaneboy03

candycaneboy03

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:55 AM

as far as my take on the show goes..... i was damn pleased with it... after suffering the constant physical strain of moshers behind at the mayan show last year, which ruined the whole encore for me, i was hoping for a decent crowd that wouldnt ruin the show for me.

I was standing one person behind the rail essentially in front of little jack. And by the sound of it, i believe my friend and I chose one of the better spots in the venue. There was definitely pushing and shoving but nothing that really took away from my being able to see and hear.

My notables include everything thats been mentioned, along with hearing jack trying to get the crowd amped up and bitching about crowds that just "stand there with your hands on your hips"...and his constant attempts at getting everyone to clap along. The most engaged and chatty jack i've seen and heard in a damn good while. Also, jack was inebriated as he would constantly lose hold of his drumsticks and at one point, started using one as a drumstick to replace the one that slipped.

they played everything i possibly could've thought of except for jawbreaker. The crowd definitely went wild during TMLYM, and honestly, the longer the show went on, the more energy the crowd gave. I was lucky to have been able to enjoy it....yeah i was stuffed and sweaty, albeit mine or some random strangers but honestly, its all part of the fun. I can deal with the swaying due to shoving/pushing ripple effects, but its only the straightfoward attempts at knocking people down or hurting people that i ruin things for me.

oh and WAY too many people jumping the barricades and going onstage during the show. the fucken security sucked balls on this one. Hell, jack even kinda pushed one of the guys off of him during one of the latter songs.
Then again, jack sure as hell teased quite a bit with all the times that he got off stage and walked around. At one point, he walked up to the barricade with his guitar, and then walked away without the guitar and i THINK he left it with the crowd. or probably along the barricade.... that man was definitely in a different mood tonight.

WTBEW was of course a big highlight for me, as always....

all in all, would i do it again? FUCK YEAH i would...

here's a good video of ICLAB with jack trying to get everyone to clap...and the "fuck off with that MP3 bullshit"

Edited by candycaneboy03, 23 July 2010 - 04:10 AM.

#49 Little Jellybee

Little Jellybee

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:02 PM

They gotta come out sooner or later.

Posted Image

:lol:

#50 Little Jellybee

Little Jellybee

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:28 PM

pics

http://www.ocregiste...diumx-rock.html

http://la.guestofagu...lladium/296302/

Edited by Little Jellybee, 23 July 2010 - 04:42 PM.

#51 Hautegeisha

Hautegeisha

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:20 PM

pics

http://www.ocregiste...diumx-rock.html

So wait... they did kiss? I am so confused! :blink:

#52 candycaneboy03

candycaneboy03

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:23 PM

^^^ thats bull, they didn't kiss.... and believe me i was staring hard at them all night.... just some crappy gossip starting review...

in other news...the DW are gunna make me famous... made it to an online photo concert gallery for a 2nd time...

#53 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

It said they leaned close enough to kiss, it didn't say they DID kiss. And they do that on purpose every time, precisely to stoke that sexual tension.

#54 Candeechild

Candeechild

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:00 PM

Posted Image

:lol: ...Yep, that was us alright.

And the article and Aquamarine are right. They did not kiss. Alison came super close to Jack's lips once, but that was it. I'm sure it's all done as a tease, and it worked. The crowd ate it up. They started screaming things like, Just do it! Take it off!! ...but of course nothing happened.

#55 Hautegeisha

Hautegeisha

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:05 PM

Oh yeah, I know they do that every time they perform the song, but with some people saying they did and others say they didn't at that performance, just made me raise an eyebrow, especially with the review. The way it was worded made it read, to me anyways, that they actually did. Just wanted to make sure I'm not losing it!

#56 Candeechild

Candeechild

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:22 PM

Oh yeah, I know they do that every time they perform the song, but with some people saying they did and others say they didn't at that performance, just made me raise an eyebrow, especially with the review. The way it was worded made it read, to me anyways, that they actually did. Just wanted to make sure I'm not losing it!

Yeah, i agree. The way they worded it...."eventually leaning in close enough to kiss Mosshart".....could be taken both ways. Like, close enough to kiss, but didnt, or, close enough to kiss and did. But trust me guys, they did not kiss! That was why people screamed out..Just do it!! ..because they didn't..

#57 Candeechild

Candeechild

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:44 PM

I'm sure your photo will turn up,

:(

Day 2. No photo in email. :mellow:

Am i screwed? :huh:

#58 orangeshoeskid

orangeshoeskid

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:36 PM

yes.

#59 Candeechild

Candeechild

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:51 PM

yes.

Yeah, thought so.
My fault tho, mine mine! ..as Robert Plant sings in Led Zeppelin... Nobody's fault but mine....
I should have got his email and/or cell phone # ..He had it right there, too.
I should have brought MY camera.
Woulda, shoulda, coulda, ARGH! :wacko:

Edited by Candeechild, 23 July 2010 - 09:52 PM.

#60 Elixir_Sue

Elixir_Sue

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:13 PM

Yeah, thought so.
My fault tho, mine mine! ..as Robert Plant sings in Led Zeppelin... Nobody's fault but mine....
I should have got his email and/or cell phone # ..He had it right there, too.
I should have brought MY camera.
Woulda, shoulda, coulda, ARGH! :wacko:

And a pen! Although I totally envy you meeting the band, bringing along a piece of paper, a pen and disposable camera would have made a big difference to the story above! (But I'm still envious - it's the meeting that's the real deal, not the picture.)

Edited by Elixir_Sue, 23 July 2010 - 10:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users