Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:37 AM

The Dead Weather are playing Coachella! April 17th

www.coachella.com
Posted Image

Edited by sk8r408, 19 January 2010 - 12:36 PM.

#2 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:45 AM

Thanks for the info, especially after that fake poster claiming the Stripes were going to be playing - nice to have hard facts about Jack! :wub:
that is an eclectic group of people there, looks interesting, wish I could make it! Oh well...

Edited by spastic.jerk, 19 January 2010 - 02:05 PM.

#3 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,165 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:17 PM

It's official

http://coachella.com/

Opps, I didn't see the other thread. My bad, go ahead and close this one Posted Image

Edited by kts1997, 19 January 2010 - 06:21 PM.

#4 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:24 PM

It's official

http://coachella.com/

Opps, I didn't see the other thread. My bad, go ahead and close this one Posted Image

http://littleroom.wh...showtopic=66210
&
http://littleroom.wh...2

#5 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,284 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:41 PM

Coachella Festival Appearance and Flaming Lips Show Announced

The Dead Weather are happy to announce that they will be performing at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival on Saturday, April 17th. For tickets and more information please visit coachella.com.

They will also be performing with The Flaming Lips on April 23rd at Capital Federal Park @ Sandstone in Bonner Springs, Kansas. Tickets go on sale this Saturday , January 23rd, at 10 am CST, for more info go HERE.

#6 rob_toronto

rob_toronto

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:57 PM

The show with The Flaming Lips sounds awesome! One could only hope that TWS will do another show with them in the future too.

#7 thethird

thethird

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:09 PM

Man, that would be killer to see TDW and The Flaming Lips at one show.

Bonner Springs, Kansas is a random and hilarious-sounding place, but that's cool the show is in a unique location. Anybody here live in KS or will be able to attend that show?

#8 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:23 PM

Thinking of the Aragon ballroom show from New Years eve here, that woudl be awesome if they did at least a few songs together......

#9 ashleighlorraine

ashleighlorraine

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:19 AM

i'm so pumped for coachella.

i'll probably skip their set though since i've already seen them 3 times...unless they plan on unleashing a whole bunch of new songs. they should just call this coachella "conflict-chella"

#10 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:28 AM

i'm so pumped for coachella.

i'll probably skip their set though since i've already seen them 3 times...unless they plan on unleashing a whole bunch of new songs. they should just call this coachella "conflict-chella"

they've been in working on that new album so chances are they will be throwing something new into the mix if I had to guess. Jack plays his cards close to his chest, but he keeps his hand tipped just enough to think you can win :P I've got my fingers crossed for some new material on this new tour for sure!

#11 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:48 AM

Jack plays his cards close to his chest, but he keeps his hand tipped just enough to think you can win :P

:) good one!

#12 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:04 PM

I woudln't expect to see a full set of different songs, but if they don't toss a new one or two in there I would be very surprised. that's one of the reasons I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a broadcast of this performances of one sort or another

Edited by spastic.jerk, 20 January 2010 - 02:05 PM.

#13 sk8r408

sk8r408

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:59 PM

I woudln't expect to see a full set of different songs, but if they don't toss a new one or two in there I would be very surprised. that's one of the reasons I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a broadcast of this performances of one sort or another

Coachella often broadcasts performances through ATT's Blue Room. I think the showed The Raconteurs live at Coachella a couple years ago.

Also, I'm sure this is now a one of show. It will be part of a national tour, that has not yet been announced, for the new album.

#14 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:22 PM

Coachella often broadcasts performances through ATT's Blue Room. I think the showed The Raconteurs live at Coachella a couple years ago.
Also, I'm sure this is now a one of show. It will be part of a national tour, that has not yet been announced, for the new album.

I knwo they almost always stream their stuff I am just hoping for a nice television broadcast or something, glad to hear about the Blue Room,
I assume this is to kick off a new tour and as such I have my fingers crossed for new material with the new album sessions completed and all... :wub:

#15 suzylee33

suzylee33

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:00 PM

Bonner Springs, Kansas is a random and hilarious-sounding place, but that's cool the show is in a unique location. Anybody here live in KS or will be able to attend that show?

Just got my presale tickets today! I live in the Boston area but was planning on taking my kids to see their grandparents in Kansas City that week anyway. Now I'm looking forward to the trip more than anyone else!!!

#16 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,165 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:08 PM

Nice Posted Image , you'll be lov'in it. Hope you get early entry.

#17 campp009

campp009

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:25 PM

What are the chances of a Glasshouse pre-show on 4.16.10?

#18 wewil

wewil

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:05 PM

More 14 days!!!

#19 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:11 PM

More 14 days!!!

man this shit is snaking up, god I can not wait to see this, they better do a nice stream of it :P

#20 wewil

wewil

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:16 PM

man this shit is snaking up, god I can not wait to see this, they better do a nice stream of it :P

oh no, i'm wrong :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users