#41 Renfield

Renfield

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:32 PM

It took three hours but here's a sample of my video source: "I Can't Hear You"
The audio came out much crisper than expected, and the actual video files are a decent bit better than the HD version on that website.

Hello Genevieve - long time no see :)

Hi there, Colin right? It has been an long long time, much too long. Ah that reminds me, today's the 6 year anniversary of the first time I saw the Stripes. Oh memories. :)

Edited by Renfield, 18 November 2009 - 11:32 PM.

#42 noman

noman

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:47 PM

The audio came out much crisper than expected, and the actual video files are a decent bit better than the HD version on that website.

That looks awesome :D Thanks!

#43 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:47 PM

Did I mention we were close?
Posted Image
Giggety!

No zoom, I swear she was posing for me--she just held her head in front of me in the darkness while I tried to get the dang digital camera to take a dang picture.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:00 AM

wish this one came out better, looks like they were channeling The Who
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

great video, renfield!

here's my photo album:
http://s272.photobuc...rooklyn 111709/

#45 wewil

wewil

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:18 AM

No Horse:
Child of a Few Hours: (awesome, must see)
Water: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZz7Bxjg_8k

Edited by wewil, 19 November 2009 - 12:33 AM.

#46 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:47 AM

It's Print Mafia. Posted Image

I knew it was one of the two thanks there stranger - couldn't remember who to give props to. :P

Cant' wait for the either of the videos - that looks amazing Ren!
Thanks to Mac for those amazing pics - nice album there :wub:

Edited by spastic.jerk, 19 November 2009 - 12:56 AM.

#47 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:09 AM

Did i mention we were close? I kept imagining Alison might fall forward and would we be ready to catch her (she's really well-balanced). We almost got the chance. When Jack came out on guitar for I Can't Hear You, the shoving began again. Jack was over next to LJ and shoved Alison so hard she landed on the monitor in front of Dean! If this was staged it was very convincing. Oh and the song rocked like hell.

Thanks for the video renfeild!!
wow you wern't kidding mackwacky, that was quite the shove, I guess he caught her by surprise, I bet she was sore once the adrenaline wore off!!

Edited by cheriebobbins, 19 November 2009 - 01:10 AM.

#48 gromit

gromit

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:18 AM

those pics are beautiful, Mac! B) I especially love the close-up pic of Alison's face. Jack looks like a conductor in that The Who-channeling picture. lol
and thanks for the video, wewil!

#49 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:27 AM

I was so excited about all the people coming forward with footage - thanks so much as always Wewil the YouTube bloodhound!

#50 jpscool4u

jpscool4u

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:23 AM

macwacky, those are some great pics. It's always tough for me when I record a full show, because I lose the chance to take pictures. If I had my camera available to take pictures the whole time, I would have gotten some amazing pictures. At most concerts, I record my favorite ~5 songs, and take pictures during the rest (usually around 300). Only problem is, I would NEVER be able to pick 5 Dead Weather songs! Having video of the whole show is great, but the lack of pictures is annoying.

I did actually get two pictures, snapped quickly between songs. And you wanna see something so cool (and kinda creepy)?!

One of my pictures actually has macwacky's camera in view, and you can see his picture as he's about to take it, on the screen! I don't know what you look like, but I guess we were standing next to eachother! :lol:

Does anyone else find that unbelievably cool?

My picture, followed by macwacky's picture, followed by my second picture (unrelated).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#51 Renfield

Renfield

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:57 AM

Ahaha, that is awesome! ^^^

Mac, OMG your photos are gorgeous :o I'm especially fond of the first shot of Alison's shoes (they looked white from my angle, weird) and the one where she posed for you. What an amazing night!

Thank you guys for the kind words, I'm happy to share everything I've got. This board has been such an excellent source for Stripes bootlegs for so long it's only fair to give back what I can.

I used up my weekly file size allowance on Vimeo with that one clip, so I've moved onto YouTube. Here's "A Child of a Few Hours Is Burning to Death", definitely check it out in HD. I'm working on getting all of my raw footage online, I'm hoping to have it done by tomorrow evening.

Edited by Renfield, 19 November 2009 - 02:59 AM.

#52 jpscool4u

jpscool4u

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:42 AM

By the way, for those wondering where I was at the show, here are two pics I found that I'm in. I'm in the white hoodie (black vault t-shirt under)

In the second picture, I'm in the lower left.

If you look closely in both pics, you'll see a line coming out of the bottom of the camera. What is that, you ask?
It's a little contraption I made, depicted (in very simple form) in the third picture. Essentially, it consists of an eye bolt that screws into the bottom of my camera, with a thin rope about the thickness of a thick shoelace, tied to the bolt, and then tied to three washers, each at a different height. I can step on any of the washers (or the cord itself, if necessary), and pull the camera taught to keep the video stable. I've used it at a couple of concerts so far, and it works pretty damn well. It lets me hold it steady in one place, as well as allow panning while keeping the image overall steady and not shaky

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#53 Karen

Karen

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:55 AM

She prowls, she growls, she howls, she's so hard to take your eyes off. In fact don't. My friend was caught looking elsewhere and she grabbed his head and turned him to look at her!

I love this!

Thanks for the reviews etc everyone, sounds like a brilliant night. Macwacky your photos are fantastic, I love the close up one of Alison's boot too.

#54 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:36 AM

Thank you guys for the kind words, I'm happy to share everything I've got. This board has been such an excellent source for Stripes bootlegs for so long it's only fair to give back what I can.
I used up my weekly file size allowance on Vimeo with that one clip, so I've moved onto YouTube. Here's "A Child of a Few Hours Is Burning to Death", definitely check it out in HD. I'm working on getting all of my raw footage online, I'm hoping to have it done by tomorrow evening.

Thanks for going through so much trouble to make sure we get a hold of this footage! Gotta love the LR :wub:

Posted Image

That is interesting, I would have never imagined such a thing. Can't wait to see how well it worked for the entire show for you :D AS for you and Mac int he pic cross over you have a hell of an eye man! That is so cool the pic with Mac taking a pic, I mean smooth....

#55 favian

favian

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:22 PM

in case i met you on the line, add me facebook.com\faviang

#56 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:03 PM

jpscool4u, thatis very cool! I've been showing the two photos in my office! And we did speak to each other. You were talking about being able to see Alison's face in the daylight festivals (Outside lands and ACL) and i said I liked them in the dark and the ideal venue would be a cave, similar to the NYC pop-up show. And you said you were up by the stairs and mentioned the 6'5" guys up front. Then we all put in our earbuds for because Violent Soho was coming on. :lol:

for all you foot fetishers--giggety giggety goo!
Posted Image

for everyone else:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#57 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:24 PM

I think those 2 photos are amazing--I know you might expect people down the front at a DW gig to be on this site, but it's still pretty incredible that you'd get to see the photo someone else took that you'd taken a photograph of them taking. (Was that right? :wacko: )

#58 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,059 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:24 PM

Sounds like it was an amazing show and that everyone had a great time Posted Image .

Thanks to everyone for the fab pixs and can't wait to see some of the video and hear the recordings Posted Image !!!

#59 silvergirl

silvergirl

Icky Thump

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:17 PM

This sounds like a helluva show, and great to hear there were so many recordings.
Now I just need to figure out why I'm not getting any sound on my computer. Gah!

for all you foot fetishers--giggety giggety goo!

(Alison)

for everyone else:

(Jack)

What, no close-ups of Jack's boots? Some of us foot-fetishers might like to see those. ;)

(Actually, those pointy white boots are not my favorite. But it's what's inside that counts. :P )

#60 jpscool4u

jpscool4u

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:32 PM

jpscool4u, thatis very cool! I've been showing the two photos in my office! And we did speak to each other. You were talking about being able to see Alison's face in the daylight festivals (Outside lands and ACL) and i said I liked them in the dark and the ideal venue would be a cave, similar to the NYC pop-up show. And you said you were up by the stairs and mentioned the 6'5" guys up front. Then we all put in our earbuds for because Violent Soho was coming on. :lol:

Wow!! B)

I'm just uploaded 'New Pony' to YouTube and megaupload. I just want people to see what most of the videos are like. My favorite videos are WATER and I CAN'T HEAR YOU, but those are both too long for right now.

EDIT: I just watched the YouTube one, and it does say it's still processing, and that quality will improve. It looks like crap right now so please download it! :unsure:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SOZXKL7M

And here's I Can't Hear You: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I5EDKOHL

I'm goin out, I'll do more tomorrow.

Edited by jpscool4u, 19 November 2009 - 07:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users