Amazing pics

#22 Scheckywhite

Scheckywhite

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,137 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:35 AM

Great gig. Met Kasey and her hubby and Roxxan and Joe there. It was pretty surreal when the band walked through the bar to get to the backstage area.
I asked Lalo for a photo with him but he refused, must've been quite busy. There was a very odd part when one of the roadies took the drums
as Jack went off to sing. Best tune of the night was probably ICLAB. Jack threw his sticks into the audience which were caught by some lucky guy.
They played a few new songs too which rocked, and the light show was pretty badass.

Forever My Queen
Hang You From The Heavens
60 Feet Tall
So Far From Your Weapon
Bone House
*New Track*
New Pony
Will There Be Enough Water

ICLAB
Rocking Horse
TMLYM

was something how it went. im definitely missing a few tracks...

Venue was pretty small less than 500 capacity for sure and there was a lot of people in vault tees etc so good to see majority was fans.
Karen was spotted, as was Morgan Spurlock and BP Fallon all hanging out in the upstairs lounge.

Poster was done by Decoder Ring, was ok and I think there'll be some for sale on their site.

#23 itrainmonkeys

itrainmonkeys

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:32 AM

Amaazing show. So glad I could hear "You Just Can't Win" live.....it was awesome and I can't wait to see video of it.

I got a ton of good photos and 3 decent videos i'll be posting on my site/youtube. I'll post the link here when I've done that.....I gotta go through the bunch of pics and choose the keepers.

#24 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:33 PM

I don't want to do split zip or rar files, because then everyone has to download all of them in order to watch any of them.

Here's a list of file-host sites ranked by max size: http://filesharefrea...g-upload-sites/

Which should I use?

My other option is creating a torrent and using my home IP address as the tracker URL, but the only problem is someone could upload the torrent file somewhere and it would eat all my bandwidth. I do have a 5Mbit upload and I'd be willing to seed it, but only if there was a way so that it's only available to members here.

I don't know if those are the numbers for free members to those sites though so to upload maximum information you have to have an account on many of those sites. If ti will work like it says it does megaupload.com is definitely your best shot. And jsut so you know, it's not a big deal to download lots of sections especially from a place like sendspace where you can have multiple downloads going at once with great bandwidth. Megaupload has been working really well lately to though.
A for a torrent, you can always right click the torrent that you create and limit the upload manually so that it won't completely throttle your connection and eat all the bandwidth up on you. If you want any personal help please feel free to PM me as I know this is a pain in you ass and I really do appreciate it :wub:

#25 jpscool4u

jpscool4u

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:22 PM

I would be fully willing to do the torrent thing, but if I limit the upload it would just make it even slower for you guys.

I cant do it until tomorrow anyway, but I'm going to pick between a torrent (self-tracker), and megaupload. Or should I do megaupload for the big ones and sendspace for the ones under 300MB?

#26 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:35 PM

I would be fully willing to do the torrent thing, but if I limit the upload it would just make it even slower for you guys.

I cant do it until tomorrow anyway, but I'm going to pick between a torrent (self-tracker), and megaupload. Or should I do megaupload for the big ones and sendspace for the ones under 300MB?

Stick with one place when you are uploading - otherwise it can get very confusing on either end. Thanks so mcu and I can't wait to check out the footage man! :wub: Just let me know where to be and when to be there :lol:

#27 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:38 PM

Amazing show. So glad I could hear "You Just Can't Win" live.....it was awesome and I can't wait to see video of it.

I got a ton of good photos and 3 decent videos i'll be posting on my site/youtube. I'll post the link here when I've done that.....I gotta go through the bunch of pics and choose the keepers.

Sweet - never hurts to have alternate angles for songs, and photos are always appreciated! They get overlooked so much of the time, but they do a wonderful job of documenting the night.
By the way does anyone know the name of the new track? I am going to make some art for the audio that is torrenting on Dime right now and I just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas - any help is always appreciated... :D

#28 Renfield

Renfield

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:10 PM

First I want to say that I haven't had such a good time waiting in line for a show in years. Kirby, Eric, Ally, and everyone whose names I forgot (sorry, I'm terrible with names), you guys are all beyond awesome, hopefully we'll meet again at the next round of shows.

Second, HOLY SHIT. This show was INTENSE, it beat the hell out of the Terminal 5 show I saw in July. Alison is just... a monster or something. A ferocious, captivating, gorgeous monster. The band as a whole sounded tighter & more comfortable with themselves, and the new songs were excellent. Really, I can't think of a single thing about it that could have been better.

I also recorded the whole show in HD. I was on the righthand side of the stage, standing against the rail on the little raised area, a great position to be in because it was above everyone's heads & hardly anyone was moving behind me. I haven't reviewed the footage on my PC yet but it seems like it came out pretty good, although I'm not the steadiest camera person in the world. I'm not too familiar with the process of starting a torrent so I have to do some research but I may be able to get something set up soon. Hopefully there'll be a sample song or two up on my Vimeo later tonight.

#29 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:20 PM

I also recorded the whole show in HD. I was on the righthand side of the stage, standing against the rail on the little raised area, a great position to be in because it was above everyone's heads & hardly anyone was moving behind me. I haven't reviewed the footage on my PC yet but it seems like it came out pretty good, although I'm not the steadiest camera person in the world. I'm not too familiar with the process of starting a torrent so I have to do some research but I may be able to get something set up soon.

Dude! Holy-alternate-angle Batman! Thanks so muvch for offering to share, it's going to be great to get two angles of this amazing show - I might even do an edit and mash it up with some of the other angles that have been popping up for single songs and make a cool little DVD for everyone at this show.
I am looking to find out what the name of track 12 from this show is so I can complete the cover that I am making for the audio of this show torrenting on Dime right now.
If you need any help with figuring anythign out let me know man and I will do what I can. It's not to awfully difficult but there might be an easier way - share it up here - let someone else make the torrent for you and then to have you help seed it out. Like I said there are multiple ways of going at it so let me know what works for you and if you need any help getting anything up - thanks again for sharing, nice to see so many people stepping forward with footage :wub:
or woman I'm sorry just stuck int he mid-90's talking like a California beach bum...

Edited by spastic.jerk, 18 November 2009 - 08:45 PM.

#30 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,284 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:37 PM

Hello Genevieve - long time no see :)

#31 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:38 PM

I posted this in another thread, but the current entry on BP Fallon's excellent site is about last night's show:
Fallon's site

#32 itrainmonkeys

itrainmonkeys

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:22 PM

I am looking to find out what the name of track 12 from this show is so I can complete the cover that I am making for the audio of this show torrenting on Dime right now.

Pretty sure that it's supposed to be "Jawbreaker" a newish song for DW.

#33 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:33 PM

Pretty sure that it's supposed to be "Jawbreaker" a newish song for DW.

and it is - thank you sir, just checked and you hit the nail on the head there! Thanks, I'm just not familiar with the names of the new stuff - art in like 5 minutes now.... :D
CD Disc
Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by spastic.jerk, 18 November 2009 - 09:37 PM.

#34 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:39 PM

CD Front Cover
CD Back Cover

When the video get's posted I will get some art whipped up for them as well for anyone intersted but I'll probably only post it in the Dead Wetaher Artwork thread that I made so I don't muddy this one up since it's about the show and all :lol:

Edited by spastic.jerk, 18 November 2009 - 09:47 PM.

#35 itrainmonkeys

itrainmonkeys

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:07 PM

^^ Really like the hand and knife image. did you find that or make it from scratch? cool stuff.

#36 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:25 PM

^^ Really like the hand and knife image. did you find that or make it from scratch? cool stuff.

That's Methane all the way baby! At least I think it is - I know it's a poster from this tour and it isn't a Rob Jones print so it's either that or Print Mafia I think. I usually just take the wicked posters already designed and then cut them up a little to make them work for a jacket and run from there. A little photo-shop work, copy and past and you got yourself some decent looking artwork - but I can't take much credit for anythign but the layout since I don't make any of the images myself.

#37 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:47 PM

soil away s.j!

Another night of up close and personal music, mirth and mayhem with The Dead Weather. I'll probably leave out a bunch of memorable moments, but i'll do my best with what's left of my white brain cells .

Early admission again! It is the best. Well not colored vinyl, Meg Fly Farm Blues best, but there's no better way to go! It get's a little unnerving when you get to the venue and they have no clue what you're talking about, but Third Man always comes through. On or way in with the early Vaulters, we met SuzyLee33 and Kaputnik. Great folks to go to a show with and share front row center. And I mean front, like touching the stage, the equipment, Alison up front! No rail, no security, total faith!

Violent Soho were loud and noisy, but extremely polite and better than some of the opening acts Jack bands have had. Some of their riffs sounded cool so I'll have to check out the CD they gave away, which I was dumb enough not to have them sign.

Forever My Queen opened the show, not wasting any time, and the band kicked maximum ass, with Alison on fire. She prowls, she growls, she howls, she's so hard to take your eyes off. In fact don't. My friend was caught looking elsewhere and she grabbed his head and turned him to look at her! Did I mention we were close? With all her pacing and pouncing Alison's mic cord constantly tangles up, and some of our group were untangling it and feeding it back to her. Naturally every time she was up on the monitors I was reaching out like everyone else, hoping for a slap on the hand, or some such rock star contact. Instead she bowed her head down and i fert all this dangling hair and before I knew it I was giving her head a little puppy rub!

When that guy on drums came out and sat behind the Brides of Dracula, I swear he looked like Weird Al. But Jack was totally manic and wired. LJ was swirling and twirling, cranking and distorting (and even commanding feedaback) his bass, even playing some lead lines on it! And Dean provided throbbing, moaning howling tones, tasty keyboards, and just claimed stage right with his atmospheric aural assault.

Child of a Few Hours was one of the best musical performances I have ever seen. The record pales in comparison to the power and precision of the live version. As if it wasn't badass enough, all of a sudden Jack give Alison a not so playful shove and now is playing guitar! But who's playing drums? The roadie!

I tried recording video of Will There be Enough Water, but it split in two and i ran out of disk space. And it looks like they're wearing purple. Still it was long and dramatic and powerful. At the end, Jack laid the Billy Bo down right on the monitor in front of us. Everyone tentatively reached out to touch it, like they were afraid it would give off lethal sparks or a roadie would cut off their hands. I just reached out and touched, what the hell, I already touched Alison's head, why not Jack's headstock? Soon everyone was tapping it, except Tommy Little, who was snapping closeups, so he could build an exact replica. It was as if Jack sought him out and laid the Bily Bo right in front of him.

Did i mention we were close? I kept imagining Alison might fall forward and would we be ready to catch her (she's really well-balanced). We almost got the chance. When Jack came out on guitar for I Can't Hear You, the shoving began again. Jack was over next to LJ and shoved Alison so hard she landed on the monitor in front of Dean! If this was staged it was very convincing. Oh and the song rocked like hell.

They played everything except 3 Birds and Are Friends Electric as far as I can tell. Where do i go from here? I couldn't have been any closer or centerer. I can't go back now! The only place left is on the stage itself. Maybe by the time The White Stripes come around...

photos in a phew, their still uploading

#38 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:16 PM

Sounds like some scrummie pics there wacky :P Can't wait to check 'em out...

#39 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:22 PM

Oh that sounds WICKED!! ALison actually turned your friends head, what was he looking at before that? glad you got front and centre, on stage next time? lol&nbsp;<div><a href=" of a few hours </a>&nbsp;</div><div>hope it wasnt already posted, i forgot to check................................................................................................</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>hmmm are we having some kind of code issue? my spaces and enter etc keep showing up in the post and my link is not working</div>

Edited by cheriebobbins, 18 November 2009 - 11:55 PM.

#40 WanderingStranger

WanderingStranger

Asked To Be Deleted

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:29 PM

That's Methane all the way baby! At least I think it is - I know it's a poster from this tour and it isn't a Rob Jones print so it's either that or Print Mafia I think.

It's Print Mafia. Posted Image

soil away s.j!

Another night of up close and personal music, mirth and mayhem with The Dead Weather. I'll probably leave out a bunch of memorable moments, but i'll do my best with what's left of my white brain cells .

Early admission again! It is the best. Well not colored vinyl, Meg Fly Farm Blues best, but there's no better way to go! It get's a little unnerving when you get to the venue and they have no clue what you're talking about, but Third Man always comes through. On or way in with the early Vaulters, we met SuzyLee33 and Kaputnik. Great folks to go to a show with and share front row center. And I mean front, like touching the stage, the equipment, Alison up front! No rail, no security, total faith!

Violent Soho were loud and noisy, but extremely polite and better than some of the opening acts Jack bands have had. Some of their riffs sounded cool so I'll have to check out the CD they gave away, which I was dumb enough not to have them sign.

Forever My Queen opened the show, not wasting any time, and the band kicked maximum ass, with Alison on fire. She prowls, she growls, she howls, she's so hard to take your eyes off. In fact don't. My friend was caught looking elsewhere and she grabbed his head and turned him to look at her! Did I mention we were close? With all her pacing and pouncing Alison's mic cord constantly tangles up, and some of our group were untangling it and feeding it back to her. Naturally every time she was up on the monitors I was reaching out like everyone else, hoping for a slap on the hand, or some such rock star contact. Instead she bowed her head down and i fert all this dangling hair and before I knew it I was giving her head a little puppy rub!

When that guy on drums came out and sat behind the Brides of Dracula, I swear he looked like Weird Al. But Jack was totally manic and wired. LJ was swirling and twirling, cranking and distorting (and even commanding feedaback) his bass, even playing some lead lines on it! And Dean provided throbbing, moaning howling tones, tasty keyboards, and just claimed stage right with his atmospheric aural assault.

Child of a Few Hours was one of the best musical performances I have ever seen. The record pales in comparison to the power and precision of the live version. As if it wasn't badass enough, all of a sudden Jack give Alison a not so playful shove and now is playing guitar! But who's playing drums? The roadie!

I tried recording video of Will There be Enough Water, but it split in two and i ran out of disk space. And it looks like they're wearing purple. Still it was long and dramatic and powerful. At the end, Jack laid the Billy Bo down right on the monitor in front of us. Everyone tentatively reached out to touch it, like they were afraid it would give off lethal sparks or a roadie would cut off their hands. I just reached out and touched, what the hell, I already touched Alison's head, why not Jack's headstock? Soon everyone was tapping it, except Tommy Little, who was snapping closeups, so he could build an exact replica. It was as if Jack sought him out and laid the Bily Bo right in front of him.

Did i mention we were close? I kept imagining Alison might fall forward and would we be ready to catch her (she's really well-balanced). We almost got the chance. When Jack came out on guitar for I Can't Hear You, the shoving began again. Jack was over next to LJ and shoved Alison so hard she landed on the monitor in front of Dean! If this was staged it was very convincing. Oh and the song rocked like hell.

They played everything except 3 Birds and Are Friends Electric as far as I can tell. Where do i go from here? I couldn't have been any closer or centerer. I can't go back now! The only place left is on the stage itself. Maybe by the time The White Stripes come around...

photos in a phew, their still uploading

Awesome review, Mac! Sounds like a night to remember. They are so badass live. (I feel the need for another show so much it hurts. Your review reminds me of Louisville.) Glad it was a great show and you had such a cool time. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users