176 replies to this topic

#1 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,281 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:38 PM

Please post all reviews, setlists, photos, etc., in this thread only please. Thanks, and enjoy the show!

#2 elizab0727

elizab0727

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:03 AM

Yeah, totally awesome, definitely worth the trip--but I knew it would be.

#3 Adam C

Adam C

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:56 AM

My wife and I were waiting in the downstairs lounge/bar area just having a drink, when through the door walks Dean, followed by Little Jack. My brain worked just fast enough for me to blurt out "Holy Shit!", as Allison walks by me and shoots this huge smile towards my exclaimation. As Jack walks by, I throw out my hand and call his name. He smiles politely and shakes my hand. My night is made instantly. A truly killer show, they really sounded like they got it running smooth compared to the first show I saw @ The Bowery Ballroom, and then the second time at Terminal 5. I think song of the night crowd wise was "Cut Like a Buffalo". My ears are ringing, and I'm high on the whole experience.

#4 noman

noman

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:02 AM

Pretty good show. Didn't care for the opening band, Violent Soho, sounded and looked too much like a Nirvana cover band. Allison looked gorgeous and she kept doing this thing with her tongue that drove me bonkers. A Child Of A Few Hours was stunning. Jack pushed Allison during I Can't Hear You and she fell down then got up immediately and pushed him back, even Dean was getting some pushing action, everyone but LJ :( BP Fallon (the creepy old guy from I Cut Like A Buffalo video) was on the balcony.

Edited by noman, 18 November 2009 - 11:35 PM.

#5 wewil

wewil

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:10 AM

only one video yet :

Edited by wewil, 18 November 2009 - 02:09 AM.

#6 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:23 AM

Thanks wewil, you always find stuff first
of course it's water Posted Image I love that lullabye ish guitar line I love and i wil watch it anyways

*waits for Can't hear you or can't win or buffalo or mother*

#7 jpscool4u

jpscool4u

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:32 AM

I recorded the entire show in 720p video, with clean/crisp audio. I was in the center behind 1-2 people. It's pretty damn good, and very stable for 90% of it. It got a little "bumpy" during TMLYM (moshing), as well as a little earlier in the set (some retard pushing). There were some blue circles in the video from reflection of the spotlights that were sometimes pointed right at me.

As for the show, it was INCREDIBLE. I really can't think of any other way to describe Alison on stage, other than a tiger ready to pounce. She OWNED the stage, and got really into the crowd. She must have spent at least 20-30% of the show standing on the monitors, leaning all the way into the crowd. I could have easily reached her face. And she just looked gorgeous.

I got to the venue just before 7pm, and found a pretty big crowd, maybe 80 people. I was annoyed that I would probably end up a little far back. After 10 minutes though, they split up the line alphabetically, and somehow, without pushing, I ended up in the front of my line, and I was the first or second person in other than the "early entry" people. While waiting, I met Kyle, a photographer for BrooklynVegan. So I'm excited to see his pics. I also noticed at least 2 other DSLR's in the crowd. Since I recorded the entire show, my only pictures are of the instruments before they came out, and two of Alison quickly between two songs. I don't really care that I didn't get pictures, because there were pro photographers there and I'll just check out theirs.

I endured Violent Soho for the third time in a month (Built to Spill, Band of Skulls, Dead Weather). I put my in-ear headphones in, and it was still deafeningly loud. When they opened for Built to Spill, almost everyone was cringing. Some of the people there tonight seemed to enjoy it. I guess they're closer to DW than BtS, but they're too metal and loud for me.

The band really rocked tonight. There wasn't anything crazy that they saved for this show, but it was still great. The highlight for me was the 11 minute version of "Will There Be Enough Water". Jack is just amazing on guitar. The "on-stage fighting" was really fun to watch. They really got into it, actually shoving each other. Jack actually knocked Alison down, although I'm sure he didn't mean to. Most of my videos focus on Alison, as I was in the center. LJ was kind of boring (just swinging back and forth), and Dean was always in the dark. Even during some of his solos, he didn't have much light.

I have a ton of schoolwork right now (its 1:30am and I will now start studying for a test tomorrow!), but I will try to get the videos up on Friday. I will most likely post them on YouTube.

#8 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:38 AM

Amazingly good quality video, thanks! Somebody got an excellent view. :o

Edit: that was referring to the one wewil posted--sounds like jpscool4u has some great stuff to come with an equally great view, can't wait to see it and pretend I was there!

Edited by Aquamarine, 18 November 2009 - 01:43 AM.

#9 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:38 AM

I recorded the entire show in 720p video, with clean/crisp audio. I was in the center behind 1-2 people. It's pretty damn good, and very stable for 90% of it. It got a little "bumpy" during TMLYM (moshing), as well as a little earlier in the set (some retard pushing). There were some blue circles in the video from reflection of the spotlights that were sometimes pointed right at me.
I have a ton of schoolwork right now (its 1:30am and I will now start studying for a test tomorrow!), but I will try to get the videos up on Friday. I will most likely post them on YouTube.

Thank you so much! When you get around to putting it up if there is anyway you could post a fileshare link to the raw footage that you would be uploading to YouTube would be greatly appreciated :wub: - either way rock the fuck on man! Glad to hear this was recorded, was hoping someone would get the job done now that they're back on American soil :P

#10 jpscool4u

jpscool4u

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:41 AM

Yeah, I can probably post the actual files here. It's about 5GB total though, so it might take a bit of time. I should be able to get it all done on Friday, maybe some of it on Thursday.

What's the best site? The biggest individual file is 780MB

#11 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:45 AM

Yeah, I can probably post the actual files here. It's about 5GB total though, so it might take a bit of time. I should be able to get it all done on Friday, maybe some of it on Thursday.

What's the best site? The biggest individual file is 780MB

You'll probably have to use a program to put it into zip files of like 299 MB and then use sendspace to upload it that way. You can just select the folder that has all the files in it and tell winrar to make 299MB zip files and it will automatically split all the files up. Sendspace allows free users to post up to 300MB of material in a single file and do like 5 files at a time so I woudl guess that would be your best bet man. Thanks so much again if you need any help or this sounds like to much trouble and you'd rather torrent it or something it's all good just happy to hear about god high quality video - and so fast :wub:

#12 wewil

wewil

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:50 AM

Thanks wewil, you always find stuff first
of course it's water Posted Image I love that lullabye ish guitar line I love and i wil watch it anyways

*waits for Can't hear you or can't win or buffalo or mother*

#13 jpscool4u

jpscool4u

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:05 AM

You'll probably have to use a program to put it into zip files of like 299 MB and then use sendspace to upload it that way. You can just select the folder that has all the files in it and tell winrar to make 299MB zip files and it will automatically split all the files up. Sendspace allows free users to post up to 300MB of material in a single file and do like 5 files at a time so I woudl guess that would be your best bet man. Thanks so much again if you need any help or this sounds like to much trouble and you'd rather torrent it or something it's all good just happy to hear about god high quality video - and so fast :wub:

I don't want to do split zip or rar files, because then everyone has to download all of them in order to watch any of them.

Here's a list of file-host sites ranked by max size: http://filesharefrea...g-upload-sites/

Which should I use?

My other option is creating a torrent and using my home IP address as the tracker URL, but the only problem is someone could upload the torrent file somewhere and it would eat all my bandwidth. I do have a 5Mbit upload and I'd be willing to seed it, but only if there was a way so that it's only available to members here.

#14 wewil

wewil

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:09 AM

only one video yet :

part2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9cg1Bulmro

#15 jpscool4u

jpscool4u

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:29 AM

Here are the two pictures I took (other than the instruments before the band came on)

http://i49.tinypic.com/2uivxbm.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/sl5q4z.jpg

If I was not recording video, I would have had some amazing pictures. Alison came right in my face about 50 times. And each band member was within a perfect distance to get a great shot. But I decided I'd rather have videos that I can rewatch over and over, rather than pictures which only capture an instant.

Hopefully there will be some good pictures on brooklynvegan.com and flickr

#16 wewil

wewil

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:47 AM

jpscool4u, what;'s about video?

#17 jpscool4u

jpscool4u

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:53 AM

jpscool4u, what;'s about video?

I explained in the earlier posts that I can't upload video today, but I can probably get it done either Thursday or Friday. I have a lot of schoolwork right now, and I'm going to be out all night tomorrow (MTVu Woodie's!) and thursday. So I can try to get them up during school on Thursday, or Friday.

But I need advice on what file host to use. I dont want to make zip or rar files, I want to upload each video file. So which of those file hosts (I posted the link to an article that lists all file hosts ordered by max size) should I use? My biggest file is 780MB.

Or I could do the torrent thing but I'd rather not. It would probably die out too quickly anyway, and I definitely can't seed it long-term

#18 rachelise

rachelise

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:59 AM

One of the best shows I've ever seen in my life. Pretty Epic. Rose, Ilse, Kirby, etc. - if any of you are on here - thanks so much for letting me hang with you. And maybe hang on you at times. I had a blast.

#19 wewil

wewil

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:13 AM

try this: http://www.megaupload.com/

#20 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:33 AM

hahaha! thanks wewil, I only found a 58 seconds clip of you cant win so far My link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users