I saw the Abyss last nite soooo cool

#82 Crimson King

Crimson King

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 08:49 PM

That's a great movie. I like how you know what's going to happen, yet it's still suspenseful. Plus it has Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly in it. That's always good. Have you seen Vertigo?

Yes, I did see Vertigo. It was actually the very first Hitchcock movie I've seen. And here's the bad part, I have to confess, Rear Window is the only other Hitchcock movie I've seen. I know, I know....terrible!

I really want to see Notorious, although I couldn't honestly tell you why that one in particular. I always pick it up at the library, but never get around to watching it. I've borrowed it so many times and I've paid so much in late fees, I probably should've bought it already.

About Vertigo, I don't think I quite enjoyed it all that much the time I saw it, but then again, that was a while ago. I think I need to see it again. I have a feeling I'll appreciate it much more now than I did back then. I think it was because I expected something different, although what that was I don't quite know.

I'm very happy I got to see Rear Window though, as I was having the same problem with it as I'm having with Notorious.

Oh, and the last movie I saw was The Rundown. Really good movie, I liked it a lot. It's just a really fun movie.

#83 I-75 Boogie

I-75 Boogie

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 10:31 PM

Just watched Rear Window in my Lit & Film class today.  Really good movie, I enjoyed it.  I thought that, for the most part, it was actually quite funny.

That's a great movie. I like how you know what's going to happen, yet it's still suspenseful.

Yep, yep.
Rear Window is probably the film I've seen more often than any other. And yet, that third act is still breath-holding, finger-nail-biting, edge-of-the-seat suspenseful.

#84 I-75 Boogie

I-75 Boogie

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 01:46 AM

I saw Lost in Translation on Friday.

#85 Guest_janni_*

Guest_janni_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2003 - 05:34 AM

don't remember what it's called, but there's some jackasses going to austria to ski in front of an avalanche and make a commercial. pretty good stunts, pretty stupid dialogue.

#86 Crimson King

Crimson King

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 09:03 AM

don't remember what it's called, but there's some jackasses going to austria to ski in front of an avalanche and make a commercial. pretty good stunts, pretty stupid dialogue.

extreme ops :) --

#87 Guest_janni_*

Guest_janni_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2003 - 01:19 PM

yeah, that's it.

#88 I-75 Boogie

I-75 Boogie

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 08:54 PM

On the recommendation of my friend Holly, today I watched Three Amigos.

#89 Kate#3

Kate#3

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,079 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 06:41 AM

American Pie 1&2... and one time, at band camp, I stuck a flute..... ahhh, you know the rest.

#90 IAmGloria

IAmGloria

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 12:36 PM

I saw Blade Runner for the first time this morning--I often find that the very early morning is the best time to watch movies.

I wish I had not heard/read so much about it beforehand, though. Also, I might never have watched the movie if not for my seeing Soldier of Orange a few weeks earlier, and noticing Rutger Hauer for the first time. I think these are the only two of his movies I have seen, but he's great in both of them. Such presence.

I'm beginning to admit to myself that I actually do like science fiction. Not all of it, of course, just the really good stuff. And I still hate Star Wars. I just can't like it.

The version of Blade Runner that I saw is the original theatrical version, with no unicorn dream and the happy ending--see, I know too much about it to have not even seen the Director's cut. Oh well.

Anyway, I would recommend Blade Runner, but I'd have to say that its not as exciting as one might expect, for most of the movie, anyway. It's not exactly Solaris, either, though.

I'll probably try to see the director's cut in a couple of weeks.

#91 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 02:41 PM

I saw "Masked And Anonymous" in Detroit last weekend. It was really good.

#92 Crimson King

Crimson King

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 09:49 PM

I finally saw Lost In Translation yesterday. Very good movie, although I'm pissed 'cause you could see the rest of the film outside of the intended frame and that's where the boom mike usually is and it was very distracting and took away from the movie. It's not that the theater misframed it, but you could see it above the screen. I'm definitely going to have to see this movie again. Very good though, I thought it was excellent.

Today my friend bought a copy of Monty Python's The Meaning of Life which we watched at my place. It was funny, but I don't know if I though it was great or anything.

#93 Guest_antinomy_*

Guest_antinomy_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2003 - 09:03 PM

I actually watched Bringing Down the House, against my better judgement, but I seriously laughed, hard, at certain points. The fight scene killed me.
And who doesn't love Steve Martin?

#94 Crimson King

Crimson King

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 03:13 AM

I finished watching Dark City which I had just bought on DVD for 6 bucks. Good fuckin' movie.

I know this isn't a movie, but I've also been watching the second season of 24, and it kicks ass. I've got two episodes left.

And just now I was watching Real Genius, great fuckin' movie.

#95 *Striped Candy*

*Striped Candy*

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 11:34 AM

[COLOR=red]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
The Last movie I saw was Mambo Italiano. It wasn't that good, I wouldn't spend money to go see it in theaters again. It's a definitly a rental, if even that!

#96 permanent inklings

permanent inklings

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 09:34 PM

Phone Boot, everyone said it was a good movie i't was kinda boring to me ,he really had to shoot more people.. :skullmad:

That movie was so retarded.

#97 jackesque

jackesque

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 09:48 PM

Last movie I saw was School of Rock (about 3 hours ago). I went to see it by myself since everyone that I knew was gone. Jack Black was great. I actually loved it. Like always, he's hilarious.

#98 lil'anna

lil'anna

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 October 2003 - 10:17 AM

Fargo... Minnesota scares me now

#99 Guest_janni_*

Guest_janni_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2003 - 10:24 AM

Phone Boot, everyone said it was a good movie i't was kinda boring to me ,he really had to shoot more people.. :skullmad:

That movie was so retarded.

really really bad. i almost fell asleep. ok, i did. a couple of times.

#100 Crimson King

Crimson King

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 05 October 2003 - 05:34 PM

24. Finished it. Oh man, great fucking show. I know it's not a movie, but it just kicks so much ass. I can't wait for the third season now.

Last night Wargames was on and I watched most of it. Good movie, I like it. I didn't realize until last night that the dude at the beginning was Michael Madsen. I thought that was funny. The other dude is the one from West Wing, he was the FBI director in The Rock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users