31 replies to this topic

#21 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,707 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 06:35 PM

good to hear. I gotta say, I don't care how many tens of thousands of members there are, in this age when spam email is so easily proliferated, why can't an email blast go out?

Did you get the e-mail blast a couple of weeks ago asking people to confirm their address if they'd moved because TMR was getting ready to ship the packages at the end of March? 

#22 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:16 AM

I did

#23 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,084 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 07:19 AM

Me too but sometimes it's just easier to ask cauz I forget everything these days.

Info overload :blink:

#24 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:37 AM

man, they really knocked it out with this one. a third man pizza box was delivered via FedEx today. it was like 16" square, I imagine to protect the corners of the box. All LPs were in white sleeves outside of their picture sleeves. Somehow in transit a hole was puncher through the front of the mailer, but the bubble wrapping must have prevented damage to the record box.

#25 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:21 AM

Wow, another new packaging to protect our records?

It's huge, Like Macwacky said, looks like a 16" pizza box. The package itself is gorgeous, love the black and gold. Very good overall, will have to get listening to the records once i'm back from work.

#26 bigbayblue

bigbayblue

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:45 AM

Mine came yesterday too. I admit I wasn't over the moon about this set when it was announced, but both of the LPs I listened to last night are great (I'll check The Go tonight after work).  This is going to end up being one of my most played Vault offerings.

#27 YDKWLI

YDKWLI

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 03:14 PM

I love the package, the whole design looks so good. The Sixteen Tons cover is great. What I liked the most is the version of I Can't Wait. There is such a different feeling to it compared to TWS album version. While the album version doesn't do much for me, this one becomes an instant favorite (beside many other favorites). It makes me wonder why TWS only played it live three times (according to setlist.fm). 

#28 stripes42

stripes42

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:13 PM

got mine.  so much fun.  :)

#29 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:54 PM

So I've been kinda, well basically a little homeless for a little bit.  Had my mail held, went to pick it up finally - nothing.  Talked to my old postal carrier, she said she had kept all my stuff, little stack of promo LPs and stuff from the mag where I work, nothing there either.  Call up the dudes who live in my old place, nadda.  Hopped on to some free internet at my dad's place, emailed TMR, they have not one, not two, but three bad addresses for me.  They check, they have no record of my address changes since I joined the Vault for package two.  They get a little pissy because they say they sent one out.  I get a little pissy because I want my package.  Tit, tat, tit, tat - finally get a call they shipped out a replacement TO MY OLD ADDRESS from like 6 years ago.  It's all they have on file legally or some such...  Now I get to try and sort that mess out.  All I want is my danged pizza box of goodies.  Argh.

#30 erobillard

erobillard

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:40 AM

Did the BC folks get hit up by FedEx too? Letting Vault 28 come through, but if FedEx sends their own bill again for misc customs and handling BS it will be time to cancel. Losing 30% to exchange is bad enough without the $23 surprise. Great music and packaging, but a lot of other music gets real attractive when the tally reaches $120.

#31 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,707 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:22 PM

Did the BC folks get hit up by FedEx too? Letting Vault 28 come through, but if FedEx sends their own bill again for misc customs and handling BS it will be time to cancel. Losing 30% to exchange is bad enough without the $23 surprise. Great music and packaging, but a lot of other music gets real attractive when the tally reaches $120.

is your question answered here? -->  http://thirdmanstore...28-now-shipping

A special note to our Canadian members: we are going back to our old shipping service for you guys. This way you can expect your package to be delivered by Canadian Post, and you won't be getting any unexpected charges from FedEx.

#32 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:18 PM

Finally actually got my copy of this!  If anyone doesn't have a rip of this digitized I would be delighted if you definitely didn't PM me, no way of listening to this outside of the house.  Sweet, sweet package imho!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users