5718 replies to this topic

#81 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:06 PM

fuck that I earned my moniker and I got my transcript from Cherrie, Jack has already Wonka'd my ass with I Feel Strange and I'm not the type to get rolled out of the room so easily.

point well taken...

Posted Image

i am laughin so hard at this that i might need to bail for a minute

#82 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:18 PM

well that or he just thought it was a dumb idea like I did *shrugs* who can tell these days now where is my Posted Imagedooby dooby doo :P

is it possible that Jack was referring to this comment in the thread where i brought up ideas about Commercial Ventures leaving our Heads Spinning??? me thinks it may be... and here's what Unk posted... eeek... you shoulda had yer wig done for the occasion Unk... didnt expect the spanish inquisition did ya???

ahahhahah... oh man.. too funny

#83 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,796 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:26 PM

No. Jack is not reading your threads.

#84 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:36 PM

So it looks like the guy who does most of the capping for Elvira is out in Houston TX, which means that they won't be airing the episode there until late later tonight - it also appears it takes him at least two and sometimes more, days that is, to get the episodes encoded and all of that goodness. He also missed last weeks episode due to a scheduling error on the local affiliate so lets all hope he gets this weeks show. There is another guy in NY that I am talking to who caps all these as well but he doesn't post them himself and it takes even longer for him to get his shit up. Just wanted to let everyone know Bill got a hold o' me to remind me and I am looking as I type - will have it up just as soon as I find a copy ;)

#85 Go Go Harlem Baby

Go Go Harlem Baby

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:54 PM

Kind of meandering here...but you'd think they would've mentioned this appearance in the vault/posted his segments...maybe they should hire us collectively to update the vault ;)

#86 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

I wish she was just getting more play period man. He hyped her with the Halloween show and I love 'em for that but it still seems like no one is watching and that's a damned shame because MST3K is gone and lord knows Rifftrax is sweet and all but don't cut the mustard for a man like me - you mix that with the fact Cinematic Titanic never seems to do anything and you have a real niche. In short - yes I'd love to see some of the stuff on The Vault mentioning stupid little shit like this, cause I think a lot more people would tune in to be honest

#87 Go Go Harlem Baby

Go Go Harlem Baby

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

I hear you...I'd definitely watch her show, but I'm not even sure I get the channel its on...and I'm usually passed out before it even comes on <_<

#88 lordaishamort

lordaishamort

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:59 PM

Posted Image

There was a video on youtube of this scene but now I cant find it..If I do I will post it.

#89 ymagirl

ymagirl

Icky Thump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:45 AM

Kind of meandering here...but you'd think they would've mentioned this appearance in the vault/posted his segments...maybe they should hire us collectively to update the vault ;)

an army of LR's would be much quicker to update the Vault's site than the pair of Ben's seem to, that's for sure :D

#90 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,303 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:38 AM

Posted Image

There was a video on youtube of this scene but now I cant find it..If I do I will post it.

He's darling and I'm lov'in this bushy look.

#91 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,244 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:11 PM

New Jack White interview about Jerry King the auctioneer on NPR:

http://www.npr.org/b...f-auctioneering

#92 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,713 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:25 PM

I just had so many different reactions to that interview (haven't listened to the audio yet, need to do that first thing when I get home tonight)-- The first sentence gave me a pang, and then my heart dropped a bit more when they mention that he's opening a new upholstery shop (since that's not quite music-related), yet at the same time, how cool is it that he's getting back into that? And then it's just so exciting when he talks about the things he's interested in and why he's into them, he's so out there, but it all somehow makes sense. The man is such a refreshing revelation.

Thank you for the link, mac. I can't wait for next week's conversation.

#93 jamesmo32

jamesmo32

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:27 PM

Third Man Upholstery back up and running in the future!???? HOLY ****! :lol: :o

#94 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,713 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

Hmmmmmm... My cats are in the process of shredding my easy-chair. Could be yet another excuse for a road-trip to Nashville ;)

#95 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,796 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:36 PM

And he seems to be getting into world music (again, for want of a better name), huzzah!

#96 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:42 PM

New Jack White interview about Jerry King the auctioneer on NPR:

http://www.npr.org/b...f-auctioneering

I am really jazzed about this sort of commentary from Jack after having spent half a life time enjoying the race callers and announcers who frequent the thoroughbred industry ... its not likely that there would be a good volume of really distinguished races worth pressing into a collection but i am willing to guess that a little time with a few of the greats would yeild some fantastic recordings over the years by a select group of callers ... each with their own style of delivery when it comes to playing out the terms of racing

just in case you havent really caught a sample i picked one up to share

As for recording the found object sound of craft and trade... BONUS!!
my life in the shops and field of manual labor have given me an appreciation for just such things... the sound of trains and a late night train yard can be pretty cool really of course there are lots of other things like to explore and piece together as part audio textures and processes that lend themselves to some amazing moments of near meditation and oddity in presence

please enjoy this little piece of humor that someone put together to mock the old race call masters.. its fun :rolleyes:

#97 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:48 PM

And he seems to be getting into world music (again, for want of a better name), huzzah!

well... its got a lot of names depending on who you talk to really... i call it found object sound but some people just call it found sound
and others call it audio artifacts... NPR goes with the idea of lost & found sound... there is actually something really redeeming in honoring the presence of the mundane world as a sort of embrace of lifes attuned moments really

it kinda moves people to hear their own reactions and ideas more clearly i guess

#98 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,796 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:55 PM

Actually I was referring more to his familiarity with Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Pakistani Qawwali music. I know what you mean, though I've never heard it called world music (which isn't a bad name for it. I just couldn't come up with a better name for the music usually known as world music, i.e. non-Euro-American and roots music).

#99 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,045 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:38 PM

I think he was joking about releasing Pakistani music.

#100 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,796 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:58 PM

Oh, sure, with regard to the Indian-Pakistani remix :lol: --what I was saying was that it was nice to see he was at least familiar with the guy's name, as he's pretty big in other parts of the world.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users