17 replies to this topic

#1 WhiteBloodCells35

WhiteBloodCells35

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:05 PM

Has anyone else had problems with receiving orders and/or e-mail replies from TMR in a reasonably amount of time?

I made two orders.

1. Pre-ordered "Lazaretto" and a few 7" records back on May 7th.
I didn't receive a shipping notice until June 16th (almost a week after the release of Lazaretto).
When I go to check in on the tracking number with USPS, it is still in "Pre-shipment" status.

2. I made another order on June 11th.  Just some more 7" and Seasick Steve Live @ Third Man.
It's now been over a week, and I haven't gotten a shipping notification.

When I look at my account on TMR.com, my order is still listed as "Processing".

Aside from these frustrating delays, I've also sent 3 e-mails to sales@thirdmanrecords.com. I got a reply to the first one 6 days later.  I've received no other replies to my 2 other e-mailed questions about why my orders are taking so long.

Anyways, I was sick of waiting and went out and bought Lazaretto on CD just so I could hear it.

Why is it that I can order from some bush-league website and receive a shipping notification within the same day, but Third Man can't get their shit together enough to put an order together within a couple weeks?

Edited by WhiteBloodCells35, 19 June 2014 - 08:07 PM.

#2 dazed22

dazed22

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 333 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:24 PM

I've had recent trouble aswell.

I ordered the Lazaretto Vault Package and unfortunately (my fault I know) I forgot to update the address (even though we were warned... again my fault)...

Anyway, I realised my error on June 6 and sent them and email explaining the situation and wondering if there was anything they could do seeing as though it didn't look like it had been shipped.

I note that I hadn't received a shipping notice.

Well I still haven't received a shipping notice. I emailed them again a couple of days ago.

I still haven't got a reply or a shipping notice... So I don't know what the hell is going on...

#3 crazyhorse69

crazyhorse69

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

It took them 1 month and 3 days to reply to my e-mail about not receiving Vault package 19 still, however they did also spot that also hadn't received Vault 20 either.

These are the first 2 packages i've had issues with in terms of not receiving them in a timely manner, there obviously seems to be some issues at Third Man Towers to experience delays of this nature.  I hope whatever it is they turn the corner and resolve the shipping issues for package 21.

Let's hope some of these packages land shortly (i'll probably end up with 19, 20 and 21 altogether at this rate)

#4 silversurfer91

silversurfer91

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

I'm having trouble as well...took nearly 4 weeks before getting a reply back.  Maybe Jack White is the only employee and is now backlogged because he is on tour. :blink:

#5 wsjack3

wsjack3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

That's a shame to hear. When I sent emails a few years back it was a very fast response and everything sorted.

#6 laurelei

laurelei

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:06 AM

That is surprising! Normally, they are insanely good. Maybe all the projects, the tour, the ball games, and Rebecca ( I think that was the one) that moved on to a new job, with all those changes and goings on, a lot is taking more time- but usually they are fast and super accomodating! I would just call them and you might get faster results?

#7 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

I think you're right, they were inundated and you need to (politely) stay on top of them. (And it was the vivacious Dani that just moved on)

They're at a in-between stage right now. They're not a huge, faceless corporation like best buy or amazon, but they aren't a mom and pop or a (yellow) shoestring, rag-tag operating out of a garage or a bedroom. Which is tough; with amazon, I'll keep asking for a new copy until I get a perfect one. With TMR, I have a threshold because I don't want to be that cranky customer, even though I'm entitled to as perfect a product as they can deliver.

#8 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,059 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:34 PM

I get immediate responses from them. I tell you what company I hated to deal with :angry:........... Modlife. Thank God that bullshit is gone :P

#9 Melly

Melly

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

I ordered a bunch of stuff online in the midst of the Vault 20 shipment.  It was like 12 days later and I hadn't heard anything about shipping.  I sent a brief and polite email just to make sure the order was received and was emailed back about 24 hours later letting me know I should be receiving my shipping notice very soon, thanks for my patience, their email has been stuffed with people inquiring about where their Vault package was, and the Lazaretto orders.  I got my shipping notice the next day and my order a couple of days later.

I am an Amazon Prime member and get free 2 day shipping so I am really used to almost immediate gratification when I order stuff online so I will say that this required a bit of an adjustment.  

I placed another order this past Monday (some goodies and the new portable turntable) and received my shipping notice the next day, and the package arrived on Thursday.  I figured it'd be about 2 weeks and was ok with that.

I imagine that when Vault packages are going out things take a lot longer than normal because of the sheer amount of work that goes into getting all of that packaged and out the door.  

I have so far been pleased with service and response to emails (which I've had to send about various things on a few occassions).  Unfortunately, I think there are times when the business is so overwhelmingly high that speed of service falters a bit.  I will probably try not to order during those periods.

#10 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

They're at a in-between stage right now. They're not a huge, faceless corporation like best buy or amazon, but they aren't a mom and pop or a (yellow) shoestring, rag-tag operating out of a garage or a bedroom. Which is tough; with amazon, I'll keep asking for a new copy until I get a perfect one. With TMR, I have a threshold because I don't want to be that cranky customer, even though I'm entitled to as perfect a product as they can deliver.

They currently have, what?, a staff of about 30, I think? They're still pretty small, the jewelry store I work for has a staff about that size.  And bear in mind that there are probably a couple thousand Vault memberships at this point (counting the duplicate and triplicate accounts that many people have), that's a helluva lot of work for 30 or so people.  Obviously, they're going to have to continue expanding both the location and the staff at some point, because their projects and sales growth don't show any signs of slowing down. I think they're pretty much always going to be playing catch up in this respect.

#11 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:41 AM

^ kinda my point, they're in the nether region.

#12 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,059 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:09 AM

It's all about the budget and ROI. "Will it fit the budget? Did we make budget? Are we going to hit budget? Did you exceed budget last week? We will need to fit that into next years budget. What's our return? Will we get the expected return?". Welcome to my world.

Keep it as manageable and small as possible that's what I say cauz..........when your in a bigger room, ya might not know what to do..............

#13 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:50 AM

Keep it as manageable and small as possible that's what I say cauz..........when your in a bigger room, ya might not know what to do..............

perfect! :o

#14 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,059 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:47 PM

Well thank you Mac :)

#15 Twist of Denial

Twist of Denial

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:34 PM

Not that I have an issue with the TMR customer service, but I have a question about tracking an order.  

The shipping label for my package was "created" on 10/27 (13 days ago) with the "shipment information sent to fedex" at that time.  My package has not appeared to move though.  Enough time has gone by for me to start to worry, but I'm not sure if it's sitting somewhere at TMR or somewhere at Fedex.  I've reached out to both now and am waiting to hear back.  In the meantime, has anybody had this issue before, or have any insights regarding the situation?  Thanks!

#16 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:07 PM

Yes, it's happened to me frequently.  Apparently that message is generated when the shipping label is created in their system.  When the package is picked up by FedEx, you'll begin to see tracking updates.  So when you see that message, it means the package has not yet been picked up or, in rare cases, the label wasn't actually used and needs to voided. I don't think I've ever seen it for more than 3-4 days.  Hopefully it won't take long for TMR to get back to you, they're usually very good about resolving the issue if there is indeed a problem with that shipping label.

Edited by Kali Durga, 09 November 2016 - 03:08 PM.

#17 Twist of Denial

Twist of Denial

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:44 PM

They got back to me right away, repacked my items and sent them out immediately, refunding the shipping charge.  I've had nothing but positive experiences with their customer service the few times an issue has come up.

#18 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:04 PM

Excellent to hear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users