6 replies to this topic

#1 d-stone

d-stone

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

So, it always kinda urks me to see people just blatantly pirating music when I actually go out and buy it. I mean I get that people may like a song and want to expose their friends to it so they upload a track but an entire album that hasn't been out very long at all, now thats uncalled for. So, anyways I found someone posting BLUNDERBUSS in its Entirety track by track on youtube. Someone might want to do something about it since it is serious copy right infringement. So, here it is
http://www.youtube.c...Guyers94/videos

#2 billdore

billdore

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

You pretty much can. There's a flag button in the button row below the video. One of the reasons you can select has to do with copyright.

#3 JellyRoll Baker

JellyRoll Baker

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,806 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

It's daft, it's silly, it's a good thing you can flag it BUT if people honestly are happy with the audio quality of a ripped youtube video then, dammit, they don't DESERVE the real album.

#4 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

Ain't that the truth!

#5 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

I'm waiting for the people that say they can't afford to buy the album, so youtube videos of the songs are okay.

#6 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,285 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

YouTube has some tools for copyright holders to identify when their material is used in a video:

#7 Ninjatrombonist

Ninjatrombonist

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:07 PM

It's daft, it's silly, it's a good thing you can flag it BUT if people honestly are happy with the audio quality of a ripped youtube video then, dammit, they don't DESERVE the real album.

Ya, since there are sites that have great flacs anyways... Idiots

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blunderbuss, jack white, youtube, entire album, pirated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users