9 replies to this topic

#1 ericschwabauer

ericschwabauer

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

Am I the only fan who thought the show in Detroit was rediculous? I couldnt believe that he played the least amount of songs that he played at any of the shows in his home town of Detroit. I couldnt believe that he made people go to record shops to get tickets and that was the only way. I drove 2 hrs and 45 minutes from Kalamazoo for no reason. The concert was flat and emotionless, he played no White Stripes songs to get the crowd going at all, NO raconteurs songs, I feel very shortchanged.he didnt interact with the fans at all, left all of us hanging and just walked off the stage...dont agree to do a show if it isnt that big of adeal to you especially in your home town. Truely disapointed

#2 Screwdriven

Screwdriven

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

From the troll's Facebook page: "Life is 10% the things that happen to you and 90% how you deal with it."

This in mind, the original post seems kinda hypocritical to me now...

Source: http://www.facebook....ic.schwabauer.7

#3 dadumdumdada

dadumdumdada

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

Funny, I saw the same show, and enjoyed it. I was disappointed that I saw the boy band, rather than the girl band, but I thought that Jack was in good form. Not as good as the White Stripes shows that I've seen, but enjoyable never-the-less. I got my ticket through Ticketbastard and, although it was 4 rows from the roof, I felt that there wasn't a bad seat in the house, especially as I had binoculars. As far as Jack not interacting with the audience, this is simply untrue, as he related a story about what someoine in the facility told him about an appearence that David Bowie gave there. I was there to see songs off of the new album, which I consider his best, and heard about half of them, including my favorite, the title song.

#4 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,820 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

Welcome to both of you LR newcomers. Take a look a round, explore, become familiar with the place, and you might just find that there's already a thread about this show and a good bit of discussion about it. When you discover that thread, hop in and join the conversation :)

#5 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:09 AM

Am I the only fan who thought the show in Detroit was rediculous? I couldnt believe that he played the least amount of songs that he played at any of the shows in his home town of Detroit. I couldnt believe that he made people go to record shops to get tickets and that was the only way. I drove 2 hrs and 45 minutes from Kalamazoo for no reason. The concert was flat and emotionless, he played no White Stripes songs to get the crowd going at all, NO raconteurs songs, I feel very shortchanged.he didnt interact with the fans at all, left all of us hanging and just walked off the stage...dont agree to do a show if it isnt that big of adeal to you especially in your home town. Truely disapointed

my apologies that life hands us bananas when we need a screwdriver from time to time... its beyond everyones control from time to time

#6 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,458 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

Please keep all Jack White solo show threads in the correct forum. This is only for White Stripes shows.. Thanks. Moving.

#7 steadyasshegoes

steadyasshegoes

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

according to the setlist I found for that show, he DID play WS songs

#8 unpleasantly_frazzled

unpleasantly_frazzled

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

steady ass he goes :3

#9 d-stone

d-stone

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

Oh, wow! Now most people who weren't going to the second show were a little disappointed that the show was so short, like an hour and fifteen minutes. But it was hotter then crap in that place and there was another show booked at 7:30pm when that one ended at like 4:15ish. I personally wish I was one of the people who had tickets to the second show. But I didn't even think I had a chance to go to the show till I woke up and read the newspaper at 10am which told about the seats that were released during the night for the 2pm show. I was super excited. I had $200 that I was just sitting on and I took off to walmart to buy a ticket. I got one of the last 30 tickets left and I was in row U seat 30 and I had a blast at the show. My only real disappointments were they didn't perform "shaking and jumping", I didn't have one of those super sweet hologram tickets and I wasn't going to the second show. I kinda feel like only getting to see one of the bands is like only getting to see half of a concert or half a performance. I dont know. But I felt lucky to even be able to go see the show anyways. Still I thought the show was awesome, a little short but awesome. I personal thought maybe jack had a problem with the heat in the room cause he did say something on the mic when he came on for the encore like "wow, its hot in here". But all in all, I had a blast at the show and I thought It was a awesome show. I Loved it being in that venue cause prior to this concert in the scottish rite cathedral, I had only witnessed installations of officers their. I got nothing but love for anyone showing the Detroit masonic temple love. I practically grew up in that place as a Demolay. Still, I thought the show was great even if it was short. Most people I met at the show didn't care because they were just happy to be there and most of them had tickets to the second show as well. I personally wish if Jack is going to play a venue like the masonic he use the bigger theater across the hall or if he is going to keep it small just do it up in the crystal or the fountain ballroom (cause I dont think anyone ever has). crap, maybe he should be the first artist to play ever possible big room in that building. Ok, enough ramblings from me, But I do have it on my agenda to at some point this summer get to see the girl band as well. Unless it comes down to going somewhere to see the Pixies or going somewhere to see Jack White again. Cause if they were at the same time, im going to see the pixies cause I have never seen them live. But, all in all ericschwabauer, you need to get over and realize you got to see one of the greatest guitar players and musicians of our time rock out in a venue that only seats a capacity of 1,500 people and count yourself as one of the lucky ones. I personally, couldn't pass up that super sweet concert poster from that show considering the sweet three headed bald eagle with the top hat on and the fact that only 1 person out of every ten in attendance at that show would walk away with one of those poster cause there were only 150 of em. I got it framed that evening. But anyways dude, the show was awesome I dont know what you are talking about.

#10 ck256

ck256

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

^^^^^ agree 1000%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users