#1 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,404 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 01:13 PM

Question submitted by: Twitch

With your success of Loretta Lynn's 'Van Lear Rose' do you find yourself getting more involved in the production process? Is this something that you see yourself doing in the years to come and somewhat swaying away from performing and reserving yourself behind the mixing board?

#2 Jack White

Jack White

Icky Thump

• Band Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 05:14 PM

i started "producing" pretty much the same time i started playing live in detroit. i recorded and produced a lot of bands 45's for italy records. the first one i think was a band called the fells who were staying at my house. and then the soledad brothers first album, and then the von bondies, along with the detroit compilation. working with loretta was very fullfilling, and i think the best thing i've ever done production wise. i'll always produce, and i kind of always have. i remember i first started playing guitar out of a need to have something to play along to on the drums. i use to record on a four track reel to reel in my bedroom. i had two drum sets, three amps and a p.a. along with a stereo all in a room about ten by ten feet. i slept on an angle in the middle of the room on a fold out piece of foam. that was when i was fourteen of fifteen.
but also i can't see myself giving up writing and performing just to produce. that would be a little boring for me.

III

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users