6 replies to this topic

#1 Rooniedoo

Rooniedoo

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:51 PM

http://www.nme.com/news/music/jack-white-says-new-album-good-gardening-music-roofing-music-2155565 

#2 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,783 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:43 PM

Why not go to the original source? -->  https://www.intervie...mber-2017-issue

#3 DerSchubert

DerSchubert

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 286 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:24 PM

I can't really understand what he wants us to believe the music is going to be like^^ What does one typically listen to when roofing?  :blink:

#4 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,783 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:04 PM

Why do you think he was really trying to give us an impression of what the music is going to be like?

#5 kluczmen

kluczmen

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:23 AM

I can't really understand what he wants us to believe the music is going to be like^^ What does one typically listen to when roofing?  :blink:

working in mechanical industry I'd say its going to be a heavy metal record :D - nowhere else you can find so many rock/metal/rockabilly listeners as in factories, power plants , workshops and such - from a blue collar guys to chief engineers, very often when the production line is getting a makeover in summer vacation radio is playing from factory speakers all day long playing anything from Stones, Faces to Accept or Van Halen - knowing that Jack aprreciates hard working people and hearing some up beat detroit bands playing in his own vinyl plant I'd dare to say we are going to get a lot of guitars, think Icky Thump or first 2 TWS records ;)

#6 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 02:15 PM

What a beautiful interview. Mostly because I love and respect both of those men.

Good to know about the 50 books. I'll look into that. Thank you. My father was a huge WWll guy (because that was the war he grew up with) and he read books about the war often. However, I don't recall having books written by Churchill laying about. He wasn't so much about Vietnam because it was too close to him with my brother being drafted and all. sorry about that, little off topic.

I suppose you could garden or roof to any ol tune you cared too.

#7 Belle_Starr

Belle_Starr

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:32 PM

I think I would like some good gardening music, and maybe even some good roofing music (if the wind gets too strong, we'll need it!), though I have seldom (*not ever really) thought I would need back alley stabbing music (!!!), but I would give it a listen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users