698 replies to this topic

#1 EM1

EM1

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:59 AM

Thought there ought to be one for the Rac's, too!

I heard Steady As She Goes on the radio in a local gas station, a few hours ago. Dunno which station.

#2 Paperback Anna

Paperback Anna

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:08 AM

One of my friends' Facebook statuses was "just got the new Raconteurs album!!!!"

#3 lynntou

lynntou

Porch Ghoul

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:25 AM

The titles of these threads should be changed from 'sightings' to 'hearings'.

#4 Guest_Apple Demilo_*

Guest_Apple Demilo_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:27 AM

Agreed. No one is recounting randomly seeing LJ at the grocery store. It's all like "Whoa they were on the radio!! LOL OMG". Lame.

#5 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:27 AM

I watched Jack White fix/set up/soundcheck Patrick Keeler's drums at a Greenhornes concert once. I was all like "What the hell, Jack White is their roadie now?" Roxxan was at that same concert, I wonder if she noticed this. It was Nathanial Mayer/Blanche/Greenhornes, at the Magic Stick, 12/31/04.

*Jack Lawrence played in two of those bands! But does this qualify as 'random' sightings?

Edited by mittensonfire, 23 April 2008 - 10:30 AM.

#6 EM1

EM1

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:59 AM

You can call it "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" for all I care! :lol: I just took the name from the similar WS thread.....

And I don't listen to mainstream radio, so I'm amused when I do hear 'em somewhere.

No one is recounting randomly seeing LJ at the grocery store.

No, but I did randomly see Johnny Walker at a grocery store, once! :lol:

Edited by EM1, 23 April 2008 - 12:00 PM.

#7 Guest_Apple Demilo_*

Guest_Apple Demilo_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:03 PM

Well, ya know. I saw Kevin Pollak in a record store one time, but that is neither here nor there. ;)

#8 bbug

bbug

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:10 PM

When Roxxan and I were in Nashville we saw Little Jack at The Black Lips show.

#9 Armin's frozen peas

Armin's frozen peas

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:11 PM

I saw Dean at three different QotSA shows. Imagine that.

#10 bbug

bbug

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:24 PM

haha! I was going to say that I saw Patrick and Little Jack when they showed up for the Nashville Raconteurs shows but that's a given :P

#11 3studio

3studio

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:28 PM

i heard the raconteurs on "outlaw country" sirius radio.

they played them twice in an hour.

#12 EM1

EM1

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:20 PM

Siriusly?!

Sorry! Horrid joke, but I've wanted to do it forever! :lol:

I hear 'em on Sirius often enough, but I like to catch them on mainstream.....makes me smile, to think of some kid (who's head is too far up Coldplay's ass) hearing them, and thinking, "Hmmmm.....I like this better." :D

Edited by EM1, 23 April 2008 - 01:21 PM.

#13 ThisMegIsNotARobot

ThisMegIsNotARobot

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:28 PM

I saw and spoke to Little Jack at a Features show at the Cannery ballroom once and then i few weeks later i saw Little Jack, Brendan, and Patrick hanging out and playing pool at the Mercy Lounge during another one of The Features' shows. I spoke to Brendan while he was sitting outside by himself, nobody else seemed to know who he was. Later that night I was sitting at a table right next to where they were playing pool. I got up to go get a drink and when i came back to my friend who was still sitting there i saw that Brendan had laid his jacket on the chair i was sitting in and they had broken a light over the pool table and laid the glass up on the table we were occupying. I was sorry I got up, I missed all the light breaking action and I lost my seat to Brendan's jacket.

#14 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:37 PM

I still would've sat in the chair.

#15 mrthompson

mrthompson

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,701 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:49 PM

I want to be you (but still a dude).

#16 Nelson Mandela House

Nelson Mandela House

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,892 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:21 PM

Where i live, those damn Raconteurs are a major problem. A lot of people refer to them as vermin, although technically this isn't true. My mother is always moaning about them stealing the bread crumbs/nuts she puts out for the birds in winter. I have spotted a few climbing up the roughcasting of peoples houses. I even saw one do this and enter through an open window!

There have been sightings in large towns of Raconteurs rummaging through peoples garbage for scraps of food, and leaving a mesh everywhere. Some people have set up 'rac-traps', which are basically boxes with poisoned food in them.

#17 harvestgirl

harvestgirl

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:48 PM

haha! I was going to say that I saw Patrick and Little Jack when they showed up for the Nashville Raconteurs shows but that's a given :P

but we saw them randomly drive up... lol and park. that was kinda fun :P
esp lj parked by us, then looking all confused on his cell * where do i park?*

#18 Rag & Bone

Rag & Bone

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:12 PM

Our School's band went to Chicago for a trip, and since we were playing for elementary school kids, we did more of the poppy stuff.(Rich Girl, Bohemian Rhapsody) and one was a composition our teacher made. It was a medley of songs he knew people would recognize, with a few recognizable riffs thrown in. And guess what one riff was :o ? The Steady as She Goes bass line done by the bass section. I'm not sure if it was even legal what he did, but oh well :P (By the way, it sounds really cool on string bass) I'll try and get a recording if I can.

#19 EM1

EM1

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:24 PM

Where i live, those damn Raconteurs are a major problem. A lot of people refer to them as vermin, although technically this isn't true. My mother is always moaning about them stealing the bread crumbs/nuts she puts out for the birds in winter. I have spotted a few climbing up the roughcasting of peoples houses. I even saw one do this and enter through an open window!

There have been sightings in large towns of Raconteurs rummaging through peoples garbage for scraps of food, and leaving a mesh everywhere. Some people have set up 'rac-traps', which are basically boxes with poisoned food in them.

:lol:

#20 Robinski

Robinski

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:35 PM

Our School's band went to Chicago for a trip, and since we were playing for elementary school kids, we did more of the poppy stuff.(Rich Girl, Bohemian Rhapsody) and one was a composition our teacher made. It was a medley of songs he knew people would recognize, with a few recognizable riffs thrown in. And guess what one riff was :o ? The Steady as She Goes bass line done by the bass section. I'm not sure if it was even legal what he did, but oh well :P (By the way, it sounds really cool on string bass) I'll try and get a recording if I can.

Don't you mean the Joe Jackson/Is She Really Going Out With Him? bass line? Tee hee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users