539 replies to this topic

#1 3brokenbricks3

3brokenbricks3

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 09:50 PM

This band is amazing, well were amazing. This is my 4000th post and I figured I'd make it worthy. Um, well....nothing new to report, just getting their name out there. Visit http://www.gooberandthepeas.net

#2 RockerChick

RockerChick

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,892 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 10:13 PM

\m/

I love this band.

dan miller is genius and completely underrated. it's a shame really.

#3 3brokenbricks3

3brokenbricks3

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 02:14 PM

Well the rumor about that was false, but still, hopefully someday. I'm gonna be adding a better version of the Hot Women (Cold Beer) video to the site fairly soon definitely. There could be some other things coming up soon but thats all up in the air and no idea what it would be yet. Working on getting a live video, but that has nothing to do with me as it just all depends on when the guy I would get it from gets it. Lyrics will get worked on. Thanks to Melissa, we have a good number at least close to done.

#4 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 03:10 PM

oh how i loves me some goober. "cordially invited" is currently my favorite. i do hope that someday their albums get reissued. i would love to actually own them without paying an arm and a leg for them. :(

#5 Guest_#Uncle Vortex#_*

Guest_#Uncle Vortex#_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2005 - 03:31 PM

People been telling me to get this forever, so I'm downloading everything now.

#6 3brokenbricks3

3brokenbricks3

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 04:19 PM

good decision

#7 Kat Saunders

Kat Saunders

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,251 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 05:32 PM

well Corwin, I love your site. and I think Goober and the Peas are rad. my dad likes them much too.

#8 7nationsoldier3

7nationsoldier3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,997 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:43 AM

I need that video for "Loose Lips". It seems like Jack is in it?

#9 Dan The Man

Dan The Man

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:52 AM

Good luck finding it, because nobody else can.

#10 laurenjayne85

laurenjayne85

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 03:20 AM

I'm still waiting for miss Meg to send me a copy of her CD. BOO! But funky funky cowboy is perhaps the greatest song of our time :)

#11 3brokenbricks3

3brokenbricks3

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 06:39 AM

I need that video for "Loose Lips". It seems like Jack is in it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm working on it, but yeah, no luck so far. I've found it, but that doesn't make getting it any easier.

#12 JohnC

JohnC

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:25 AM

one of the best band ever , cow punk at its finest !

#13 3brokenbricks3

3brokenbricks3

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:49 AM

Big news in Goober land. I was talking to a guy about just pictures from concerts and he agreed to send me some so I could scan them and send them back, but in the email saying he had mailed them he is throwing in a recording of the show. I hadn't even know about that. So that means for the first time in years a newly circulating show is going to be made available :) Its a short one but should be great. Its from the 2/22/92 Rob Tyner Tribute show in Detroit. A review of their performance is below.

"Goober & The Peas were up next and I had never even heard of them. They came out in farmer/cowboy get-ups and introduced their show with a resounding "Kick Out The Jams...Grandpa." I'm thinkin' "What the hell is this band doing here?" as they went into a number that featured yodeling. Then, suddenly, the hay started flying. Literally. Bails of it, everywhere. The band then ripped into "Funky Cowboy," a rousing song that the Hoodoo Gurus could've done. Singer Goober, and guitarist Junior are all over the stage kicking hay and rocking out. The band was high on schtick, with corncob pipes, overalls, the whole bit, but they (literally) drove the crowd into a frenzy, especially the folks who were under 45, but even the older folks too. They didn't let up. The Gun Club's "For The Love Of Ivy" got a desperate treatment, not to mention being yet another total shock in a span of 15 minutes. The crowd wouldn't let them leave and they finished it with their anthem, "Hot Women & Cold Beer." It was a real eye opener! They ain't Detroit Rock, per se, but they rock out, and have really catchy songs. Just about everyone dug them, except Colonel Galaxy. More on that below.

At this point it's time for the legends of Detroit Rock (obviously The Rationals fit that bill, but Morgan was involved in running the event and so they played earlier). Scot Richardson of the SRC came out, introduced by Colonel Galaxy, self-proclaimed mastermind behind Dark Carnival. He was outraged that so much time was wasted on bands "that aren't the real stuff." The guy was outraged and he wanted the crowd to share in his rage. Unfortunately he was drowned out by a chant of "We love Goober...Yeah!" from a girl in the front. I'd say she had the majority of the crowd on her side."

http://www.i94bar.co...eviews/mc4.html

Edited by 3brokenbricks3, 24 August 2005 - 06:59 AM.

#14 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:52 AM

Great find, Corwin! Is it a soundboard or an audience recording?

#15 3brokenbricks3

3brokenbricks3

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:54 AM

I have no idea yet.

#16 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:55 AM

Well it's still cool. We'll have to set up a trade.

#17 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:57 AM

of course you will torrent this or something...right?

oh, and :D yay!

#18 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:01 AM

I wish there was enough Goober material available to make a dvd like the "Bamf" White Stripes dvd. But seeing as there's only a poor copy of one 3 minute mtv video... Actually, there isn't much video on Blanche either. I just have the Lowlands Festival thing, and a couple "mtv" promos. I gotta get my video camera fixed.

Listen, motherfuckers, I have a proposal. If I get my video camera fixed and tape Blanche's upcoming show at the Magic Stick, will somebody transfer that to a dvd "for the common good"? I don't have a "capture card."

#19 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:12 AM

Listen, motherfuckers, I have a proposal.  If I get my video camera fixed and tape Blanche's upcoming show at the Magic Stick, will somebody transfer that to a dvd "for the common good"?  I don't have a "capture card."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i don't have the ability to do that, but i promise wonderful things for someone who could transfer it to DVD!!

and i suppose i promise wonderful things for you, tim, if you tape it! OMG! Blanche DVD! (wait...whatever happened to stripeydaves Blanche DVD. did i somehow miss a torrent on that?!?!?!)

#20 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:14 AM

(wait...whatever happened to stripeydaves Blanche DVD. did i somehow miss a torrent on that?!?!?!)

Futher evidence of what a loser I am, I had a trade set up with him for that dvd, but I never sent him any shows! He wanted Blanche shows, of which I have several. But the thing is, I don't want to send him stuff he already has. Perhaps I should contact him and ask him which ones he has! :o

Edited by mittensonfire, 24 August 2005 - 08:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users