Mojo magazine, December 2018

#542 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,589 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 06:46 PM

I think I have to settle for the single cd version this time instead of the whole set. Makes me feel better that that ^ review implies it's decent.

#543 Okudzhava

Okudzhava

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 331 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:22 AM

https://www.nytimes....leg-series.html

Cool photo of Bob with a mandolin... never saw him with that instrument.

#544 Okudzhava

Okudzhava

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 331 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:03 PM

Missing Notebook Pages
Nov 01, 2018

News Flash – we are not perfect! Due to a printing error, four pages were left out of the handwritten lyric notebook included in the Deluxe Edition of ‘More Blood, More Tracks.’

We’re including them here, with our apologies.

#545 Okudzhava

Okudzhava

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 331 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 08:26 AM

amliVgM.jpg

#546 Okudzhava

Okudzhava

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:56 AM

Bob Dylan in Vienna: play or pose?

The performance in the Konzerthaus ended with a small scandal: the master was angry with mobile phone filmmakers and broke off.

The most exciting moment in a good but not exciting concert came when it was almost over. Bob Dylan began the encore - and the people left their seats and streamed to the stage. And they started to FILM with their phones, which was strictly forbidden. Even before the concert the audience had been warned: "offenders would be "excluded from the event." (Missing the addition: "And sent home at the expense of the parents.")

Bob Dylan noticed this, broke off "Blowin 'In The Wind" after the first verse, got up, performed some sneeringly exaggerated dance steps and barked, "We can either play or pose, it's your decision!" Then he overlooked a monitor box in his anger, stumbled over it and almost fell on the drums. Then there were a few angry, groaning verses from "It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry," and he was gone.

https://kurier.at/ku...ieren/400468243

#547 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,589 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:59 AM

Bob needs to take a tip from Jack and give Yondr a call.

#548 Okudzhava

Okudzhava

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 331 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 03:43 PM

I know, right? 

Anyhow...

By MOJO Staff
April 18, 2019

COVER STORY: BOB DYLAN Joan Baez, Roger McGuinn, T Bone Burnett and the raggle-taggle survivors of the Rolling Thunder Revue remember one of rock’s most legendary tours, a wild tale of mass harmony and marital breakdown now memorialised on a 14-CD box set. Plus Dylan’s live adventures through the ages – all roads lead to Hyde Park!

COVERMOUNT CD: THE NEW THUNDER REVUE Dylan’s incredible 1975 reinvention of his own The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll kicks off our virtual charabanc of neo-Americana, starring Jeff Tweedy, Margo Price, Courtney Barnett, Will Oldham, Phosphorescent, Jason Isbell, Hurray For The Riff Raff, Drive-By Truckers, Hiss Golden Messenger and more.

#549 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,589 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 04:03 PM

Oooh, think I need to get that. Thanks for the heads up!

#550 Okudzhava

Okudzhava

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 331 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:48 PM

OMG, Tam.

Martin Scorsese’s Bob Dylan Tour Doc Gets Netflix Release Date

In January, Netflix announced that the legendary Martin Scorcese would direct a new concert documentary following Bob Dylan’s iconic Rolling Thunder Revue tour. Now, a release date has been set. Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese will hit the streaming platform as well as select theaters on June 12.

#551 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,589 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:49 PM

That poster!  I'm hoping that this will play at one of the area indie theaters, it'd be spectacular to see it on the big screen.

#552 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,589 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:21 AM

I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but the description of it is pretty breathless--  "First Listen: Bob Dylan, 'The Rolling Thunder Revue: The 1975 Live Recordings'"

#553 Okudzhava

Okudzhava

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 03:20 PM

Thanks for that! But have a look at the just released trailer for the Scorsese film... OMG!!!

#554 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,589 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 04:03 PM

I need to remember to watch that when I get home from work tonight!

On a related note, Third Man is doing a screening of the film at the Cass Corridor location next week--  https://twitter.com/...616517364731906

#555 Okudzhava

Okudzhava

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 331 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:05 PM

Whoa, an amazing film! 3 AM here... cannot sleep... and gonna watch it again tomorrow... so many never-before-seen footage... ALL different than what we had before on those bootleg DVDs... and the 99% of the songs are COMPLETE, not interrupted after 30 seconds with some nobody telling some boring story, as seen in many other music docus... anyhow... this was such a great tour.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users