23 replies to this topic

#1 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,043 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 08:58 PM

I'm a Sopranos fanatic! I have never missed an episode since the beginning and I have grown to cherish and care about these characters as if they were close friends. Well, now that has all changed. I moved into my aunt's house about 3 or 4 weeks ago and much to my dismay she does not have HBO, so that means I have missed the first episodes of Season 5 and will probably miss the whole season. This is torture people! I have been waiting for a year and a half for this season and I'm going to miss it!!! Steve Buscemi is on for Christ's sakes! Anyway, I would like fellow Sopranos fans to help me out. If you don't mind, could you please update me on what has been going on so far and fill me in on future episodes from here on out? Anyone who helps me will become my new best friend and I will love them forever. If you are as big of a fan as I am, then you will understand the crisis I'm in. Thank you so much for your help! :D

Edited by StripeGirl, 19 March 2004 - 08:59 PM.

#2 Guest_The Modern Age_*

Guest_The Modern Age_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2004 - 09:30 PM

Buscemi (Tony's cousin) got out of prison, but to Tony's surprise he doesn't want any part of the mob life. There's already a lot of tension between them. Ade is getting in deeper with the feds, I get the feeling something big is gonna go down soon. Tony is pursuing a relationship with his former psychiatrist. Carmine died.

#3 Mills

Mills

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 09:53 PM

This site may help a little:

http://www.the-sopranos.com

#4 Guest_Strangelove_*

Guest_Strangelove_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2004 - 10:10 PM

The psychiatrist lady showed her boobs.

#5 Flizzzipper

Flizzzipper

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 11:33 PM

This season has been really good so far. I'm sure there are sites like the one linked that have episode guides. The highlights so far are probably that Janice and fat Bobby are married now (slipped in during the first episode, never saw it actually happen.) Carmine from NY died. AJ cried for mommy when a bear was in their backyard, probably forshadowing to some future event where he will piss himself this season. Adrianna almost broke down and told Carmella and all the other mob wives about her involvment with the feds but didn't. She's getting in deep.

Dr. Melfi shot Tony down when he was trying to get her to go out on a date. It lead to a typical interaction between the two where he leaves calling her a cunt. A group of mobsters got let out of jail and are getting "back in the game." But not Buscemi he learned massage stuff in jail and wants to do that. Him and Tony aren't quite hitting it off (they're cousins.) One of the old guys is hilarious and awesome. His scene describing his first day in prison is one of my favorites on the Sopranos.

Paulie and Chris are hilarious as usual. They were pissed at each other over various things (mostly because Chris didn't pick up the bill at one restraunt where he was the "low man" and supposed too making Paulie get it) but were reunited in love when the waiter at the restraunt they were eating came up to them to complain about his small tip. As the waiter called them assholes and walked away Chris nailed the guy in the back of the head with a brick, knocking him into a seizure. Paulie shot him and they stole his money, "Thats my money Paulie!" and they got the hell out of dodge.

#6 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,043 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 11:52 PM

This season has been really good so far. I'm sure there are sites like the one linked that have episode guides. The highlights so far are probably that Janice and fat Bobby are married now (slipped in during the first episode, never saw it actually happen.) Carmine from NY died. AJ cried for mommy when a bear was in their backyard, probably forshadowing to some future event where he will piss himself this season. Adrianna almost broke down and told Carmella and all the other mob wives about her involvment with the feds but didn't. She's getting in deep.

Dr. Melfi shot Tony down when he was trying to get her to go out on a date. It lead to a typical interaction between the two where he leaves calling her a cunt. A group of mobsters got let out of jail and are getting "back in the game." But not Buscemi he learned massage stuff in jail and wants to do that. Him and Tony aren't quite hitting it off (they're cousins.) One of the old guys is hilarious and awesome. His scene describing his first day in prison is one of my favorites on the Sopranos.

Paulie and Chris are hilarious as usual. They were pissed at each other over various things (mostly because Chris didn't pick up the bill at one restraunt where he was the "low man" and supposed too making Paulie get it) but were reunited in love when the waiter at the restraunt they were eating came up to them to complain about his small tip. As the waiter called them assholes and walked away Chris nailed the guy in the back of the head with a brick, knocking him into a seizure. Paulie shot him and they stole his money, "Thats my money Paulie!" and they got the hell out of dodge.

Oh wow, thank you so much! Yeah, I'm stupid and didn't think to go to Sopranos sites. I guess since I spend so much time here I thought I could find info from some of you. It also lets me see who else on the board is a Sopranos fan. I'm kind of glad Carmine is dead, but Carmine wasn't as big of a problem as Johnny Sacks is. I'm guessing one of Carmine's weaselly sons is going to replace him, which is really going to piss Johnny off. I'm glad to hear about the continuing rift between Chris and Paulie. They have been so hilarious together since the Pine Barrens episode. They make for some great comic relief. Did you know Steve Buscemi directed Pine Barrens? I'm so glad he has joined the show. He is such a great actor. Janice and Bobby aren't going to last. Janice is a nut case and manipulative as hell. I know I couldn't live with her more than a week. I'm not surprised Tony is going after Dr. Melfi. Good for her for not giving in. I guess it is kind of useless now for her to bring up the rape since it has been so long. I really wanted her to before, but doing it so late in the game would seem like a cop-out for David Chase. I feel really sorry for Ade. I just hope Chris never finds out, but I don't think he would hurt her. She may feel a little reluctant to marry him now that her FBI involvement has heated up. Anyway, thanks again to you, The Modern Age, and Mills for the info.

Edited by StripeGirl, 19 March 2004 - 11:55 PM.

#7 Flizzzipper

Flizzzipper

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 12:45 AM

I was just looking at the Sopranos site on HBO and saw that Silvio's wife on the show is also his wife in real life, I didn't know that.

#8 frankietwop

frankietwop

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 03:06 AM

damn, that was cold blooded how silvio put two bullets in adriana after calling her a cunt. however, it was to be expected. it's kinda weird when they kill off a main charecter, you know it's coming, like with pussy, and ralph, and now, adriana, but still it kinda comes as a suprise. that was crazy in season 4 when tony beat ralph to death, then he and christopher chopped his head and hands off. anyway, the sopranos is the best fucking show EVER, and i'm so pissed season 6 is the last one, and that we have to wait til 2006 to see it.

#9 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,560 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 01:41 PM

There is something about the homes in series like breaking bad and the sopranos. I find myself apart of them. I am only on season 6 part 2 of the sopranos but I worry they will show a clip of the house deserted like in breaking bad. There is a feeling you get when you have to leave home and see it fall apart that breaks my heart because I watched these shows and became invested in their lives.

Part of what I keep watching the sopranos for is to see how the family is doing. I know it HAS to end bad for Tony but I keep tuning in to see him.

#10 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,560 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:55 AM

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDIN' ME? Six fucking seasons and that is what you do to me???? FUCK.

Journey? After the beast in me? FUCK.

#11 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,212 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:19 AM

^^^^ are you talking about the finale Linda?

#12 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,467 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:51 AM

Ah I quite liked the finale, now that its been over for quite a while. I remember when it went to black, people thought their cable had went out!

There was an earlier scene when Tony was talking to Bobby, I believe about what its like when you die... and I think it was Bobby who said he thinks everything just goes black. Something along those lines! So, I believe Tony to be swimming with the fishes.

Breaking Bad and Sopranos are two of the best shows I have ever watched. Far above the rest.

...and its crazy that this thread was started when the show was still airing, in 2004.

#13 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,212 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:36 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:^^^^

that was me!!! I thought the cable box went out!!!

Anyhoo, the finale was remarkable. It's all in the editing. That final scene was shot through Tony's eye's. The guy in the Member's Only jacket shot him in the head when he came out of the bathroom just as Tony's daughter was walking in the door. He as killed in front of his entire family. That is my take on it and the best conclusion that I've seen written so far and there is a ton written on the ending. The scene has a ton of symbolism in it that references characters that were killed off etc. and the whole onion ring thing was in reference to taking communion and the last supper.

Ohhh, I loved Breaking Bad so much more.....the characters broke my heart.

#14 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,467 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:09 PM

I love mafia type shows/movies, especially when they are done right, like the Sopranos. I believe there is a mafia based, Martin Scorsese movie coming out soon on Netflix in the future, that has a classic cast. Hopefully that lives up to the initial hype.

#15 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,212 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 08:55 AM

yes, me as well. I'll be looking for it. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh that note my son is taking a psych class this coming semester in a movie theatre. They will be watching mafia movies ;). I thought that was so cool.

#16 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,560 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:54 PM

They are misogyny at its best. I admire and respect the struggles of family.

That final sopranos scene sucks arse. I feel real bad for those fans who followed the show for 7 seasons (6 is part 1 and 2) and got THAT for an ending. All that violence for 7 seasons and they pussed out for the finally. No sympathy, Tony deserved to die a terrible death.

I respect that they allowed me that in Breaking Bad.

Edit. So I watched The Godfather trilogy. Funny how much the sopranos borrowed. Still patriarch at its best. IMO.

I believe Homeland to be the best I have ever seen. Why? It is a strong woman who is ALWAYS RIGHT yet always questioned because she is a woman. And, they portray her as crazy. Is this the only way we can see a brilliant, successful woman???

Season 7. January 14!!!!

Edit. Sofia Coppola is the only person in all 3 Godfather movies. She is the baby in the baptism in 1!

Edited by lindapoirier, 25 December 2017 - 08:27 PM.

#17 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,467 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:50 AM

I thought that final season of the Sopranos was pretty intense.. almost like the last 8 episodes of Breaking Bad.  All the death and carnage!  The final Sopranos scene still is talked about/debated to this very day.  

#18 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,212 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:26 PM

I believe Homeland to be the best I have ever seen. Why? It is a strong woman who is ALWAYS RIGHT yet always questioned because she is a woman. And, they portray her as crazy. Is this the only way we can see a brilliant, successful woman???

Season 7. January 14!!!!

I SO CAN'T WAIT FOR HOMELAND!!!!

I thought that final season of the Sopranos was pretty intense.. almost like the last 8 episodes of Breaking Bad.  All the death and carnage!  The final Sopranos scene still is talked about/debated to this very day.

I know this sounds crazy but I loved Jesse. What a lost kid.

#19 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,560 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:32 AM

Seems that Homeland will now begin Feb. 11. Trailer online now.

#20 Nelson Mandela House

Nelson Mandela House

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 04:39 AM

Sofia Coppola is the only person in all 3 Godfather movies. She is the baby in the baptism in 1!

Isn’t Al Cappuccino in all 3 GF movies too?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users