1006 replies to this topic

#1001 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:19 AM

Speaking of clinical depression, I binge-watched the entire fourth season of Bojack Horseman yesterday.  That show can be very funny, but also very, very dark.  It's also one of the best Hollywood satires to ever air on television.  I think it and Rick and Morty are in a dead heat for best animated series of the decade.  

#1002 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,165 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:48 AM

Big Little Lies was terrific!

I was happy to find out that I was wrong about two things:

I thought the little girl that was being bullied was being abused by her father and

I did not see Zoe Kravitz being the woman to push the husband down the steps :o!!!!

I'm excited for season 2. I want to see where Nicole's character goes from here.

#1003 stripes42

stripes42

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,796 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:22 PM

oh, Twin Peaks. so much to think about it. I loved it.

#1004 Lily

Lily

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:10 PM

^ We started watching Twin Peaks a while back and then got distracted with new seasons of other shows we follow on Netflix.  We haven't resumed watching it yet, but we should!

...once we're done with Broadchurch, which has been our hurricane binge watching show of choice.  David Tennant with his actual accent!   :wub:

#1005 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:12 PM

People either seem to love this past season of Twin Peaks or think it went nowhere fast.  Mind you, if someone's looking for actual plot progression in a David Lynch production, they're probably barking up the wrong tree.

#1006 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,165 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:56 AM

oh, Twin Peaks. so much to think about it. I loved it.

YES!!!! Oh how I love TP!!!! Brilliant. People either love or hate it. There can be no in betweens ;)

#1007 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,165 posts

Posted Today, 07:33 AM

So for anyone who loves history.....Ken Burns :wub: has a remarkable documentary on The Vietnam War airing on PBS. Seriously folks, this was such a pivotal time for our country. Great and not so great changes happened during the late 60's early 70's that changed us as a people and nation forever. I've seen a lot of docs on this time period and remember a lot as a young child as well, but this film interviews all three sides of the conflict honestly and fairly. There are many long episodes so if you fall down the rabbit hole with me put on the popcorn and prepare to settle in. It's quite a long ride but worth every minute of it. Come on, it's PBS :wub:!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users