175 replies to this topic

#161 antiboy

antiboy

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,150 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:34 PM

I guess it bothers people that it's not grammatically correct, but I think I'm allowed to do whatever I want."

It's not that grammatically incorrect, it's just stupid.

#162 Purplehaze

Purplehaze

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,349 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:40 AM

I believe him when he says that The Killers can be bigger than U2 one day.

Ug, and just as awful.

#163 Maschine Man

Maschine Man

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,161 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:29 AM

Has anyone else seen the new video? Click Here

I'm liking this video. Like electric feel, it is one you could watch a dozen times in a row and still see something new (the same guy directed them both). It reminds me a lot of the Grates video of Aw Yeah!

Edited by Red Orchid, 25 January 2009 - 06:29 AM.

#164 Scheckywhite

Scheckywhite

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,137 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:39 AM

the killers once supported the Dirtbombs live

#165 chapter24

chapter24

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:46 AM

I liked them at first but he wears them at EVERY PERFORMANCE. I liked his Sams Town look better. Slick vest and a dirty mustache. mmm.

hey crabby, he only wears the coat for the first song.
maybe the killers should hire you for wardrobe decisions?
or maybe if brandon has a unique coat that appeared in his music video, he may like to wear it for five minutes as a throwback to the fans?

#166 chapter24

chapter24

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:10 PM

I got into the Killers in a weird way. I desperately tried to ignore them when Hot Fuss exploded and said I hated them when I hadn't heard anything outside of Somebody Told Me or Mr. Brightside. Then fast-forward three years when my buddy gave me Sam's Town and Hot Fuss. Avoided listening to it for a few months, and pretty soon I was listening to Sam's Town on repeat for a few weeks. Several months after that, I was slowly appreciating Hot Fuss song-by-song. Now I've just come to accept the fact that the Killers are a pretty damn good band.

Their new album is impressive. I think they fully encompassed Las Vegas with Day & Age. Hot Fuss captured the glitz, Sam's Town captured the desert, Day & Age got both.

Oh, let it be known that I think Brandon's voice is far more enchanting than his looks. BUT....he was MUCH sexier WITH THE MUSTACHE. I miss it... :(

your story is somewhat similar to mine.

i got Hot Fuss when it first came out, and I listened to only the first half of the album. I liked it, (obviously, since the first 5 songs are huge hits) but I was so into the White Stripes and The Doors at the time, I hated listening to anything else (which was a mistake).

So when Sam's Town came out, a friend let me borrow it, and I kind of hated it actually. Could not get into it.

Fast forward, couple years later, to Rock Band and Guitar Hero. Those games ambushed my soul and have yet to release me from the addictive grasps that keeps me inside. I got real good on drums because of those games, and now I can play drums in real life. So at least I got something in return for all those hours of jammin' on xbox live. But I did get one other thing from those games.... my new found Killers addiction.

and by addiction, I mean, I cant stop listening to them. Some Day and Age songs appeared in both of those games, and I found myself only playing those songs, over and over again. So I went out and got Day and Age, which is amazing....

ive gone back to Hot Fuss, and that album is also amazing. I think the 2nd half is actually better than the explosive first half. (Andy You're A Star). And as far as Sam's Town goes, wow.... talk about amazing. I feel so foolish for letting other bands blind me from the killers for all these years.

Out of the three studio albums, I think they are all bad ass. I could not pick a favorite one. When Hot Fuss is done, I'll throw in Sam's Town. When that's done, I'll put in Day and Age. Then back to Hot Fuss again.

So they are like my favorite band now, and I love it. I just saw them actually last week in Ypsi, just south of Detroit. and it was a pretty damn good show. I want to go out and buy a keyboard now. i got about an hours worth of footage, now I just have to figure out how to get it online. i don't know of any better vocalist then brandon flowers. the way he dances and emphasizes every word that he is singing reminds me of frank sinatra and jim morrison a little bit. and as far as his vocals, they are either spot on or slightly improved from the studio recordings.

p.s.
i think Sam's Town is like the Get Behind Me Satan for Killers fans. acquired taste for sure.

but if you have yet to hear heard Day and Age, you should check it out. Its fun right out of the package.

Go Killers. Go.

#167 rag-and-bone

rag-and-bone

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:40 PM

. So I went out and got Day and Age, which is amazing....

ive gone back to Hot Fuss, and that album is also amazing. I think the 2nd half is actually better than the explosive first half. (Andy You're A Star). And as far as Sam's Town goes, wow.... talk about amazing. I feel so foolish for letting other bands blind me from the killers for all these years.

Out of the three studio albums, I think they are all bad ass. I could not pick a favorite one. When Hot Fuss is done, I'll throw in Sam's Town. When that's done, I'll put in Day and Age. Then back to Hot Fuss again.

p.s.
i think Sam's Town is like the Get Behind Me Satan for Killers fans. acquired taste for sure.

but if you have yet to hear heard Day and Age, you should check it out. Its fun right out of the package.

Go Killers. Go.

my story is exactly the opposite of yours.

so, i've only really ever had hot fuss, which i love love love and always have, because i was told by quite a few friends that sam's town was terrible. anyway, i found out they're playing the fabulous fox in may right before my birthday (the same place the stripes played on the GBMS tour; sadly i couldn't go to that one), and decided i wanted to go. i bought pre-sale tickets, but then i realized that i only know a third of their stuff (less than that, really, because of sawdust).

so i went out and bought sam's town (and a spoon album, girls can tell, on vinyl) friday and loved it. seriously: i think it's amazing. i've listened to it nonstop; i hated that i believed everyone that said it was terrible. as you said, i think it's kind of the GBMS of the killers. the thing is, i loved that album as soon as it came out; it didn't have to grow on me.

one of my friends (and the drummer for my band) bought day & age and we swapped. sadly, i really couldn't get into it at first. i'm still not sure about it; it's definitely growing on me. i love "joy ride." i think it's epic. but "human" isn't really my style.... i've got three months before the show though, so i've got some time for it to grow.

i will say, though; in the last week and a half they've totally developed into one of my favorite bands. the show will be epic, i'm sure; the fox is such an incredible venue. (check it out if you want: fabulousfox.com)

i do need to say something regarding, human, too. the chorus, "are we human? or are we dancer?" is actually grammatically correct if you think of "human" and "dancer" like separate species. know what i mean?

#168 chapter24

chapter24

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:33 AM

you are in for a treat. they will play back to back hits the whole night. bring sun glasses...... all the neon lights can get a bit... bright.

and dont forget to smile like you mean it,

#169 rag-and-bone

rag-and-bone

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:14 PM

^trust me, i will.
and hey, i always smile like i mean it.
and i may buy that toothbrush.

#170 CodyT3212

CodyT3212

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:29 PM

the Spaceman video further proves Flowers to be an androgynous jackass, but you gotta love him. I think the video makes me like the song even more.

CLASSIC! CLASSIC CLASSIC CLASSIC CLASSIC CLASSIC CLASSIC CLASSIC!

#171 gothic flavor

gothic flavor

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,578 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

You guys, i have totally fallen for the killers. I don't know why it happened excatly. One day i just remembered the song "when you were young" and how much i liked it and listened to it few times again and now all of a sudden i've got all their albums and i only listen to them. I think the new song "runaways" is brill. I said it. Brill.

#172 Maschine Man

Maschine Man

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,161 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

I love Day & Age. So much. I like HF and ST, but not as much.

Excited for the album!

#173 CodyT3212

CodyT3212

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:14 PM

I can't say that I listen to The Killers all the time, but they are definitely a band that I like and will always appreciate. Having said that I will be buying Battle Born on Tuesday.

#174 gothic flavor

gothic flavor

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,578 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

I have heard Battle Born only once and it didn't really do it for me :/ I like the previous albums wayyyyyyyyy better. I only really like the single Runaways, it rules. So i don't know if i will be buying the new one, but that's ok, 'cause the old ones are like new to me, yay!

#175 CodyT3212

CodyT3212

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

^ Its a grower. I was very underwhelmed the first time, but surprisingly it keeps getting better and better. I was driving around earlier with the windows down and several of the songs clicked for me on a level that hadn't up to that point. I think I might end up liking it better than the last album.

#176 atrevino

atrevino

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

I've been listening to The Killers non stop in the car for the last week and a half; I don't have Battle Born yet. Day & Age wasn't my favorite. Hot Fuss will always be the best to me. Sam's Town has grown on me a lot... I hate to say it, but his moustache really threw me off of that album. I'm dumb, I know.

Sawdust has really grown on me... I had only purchased it for Tranqulize and Shadowplay years ago but All the Pretty Faces, Sweet Talk, and Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town are stuck in my head constantly.

I need to put Day & Age on my ipod along with Battle Born. They played a few of the new songs when we saw them at Firefly, but it was hard to appreciate them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users