Piranha Medicine

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:57 PM

Hey guys,
I remember hearing a quote from Jack White that went something like this:

'All you need to make an album is to write 3 songs. Play each of those songs slow, medium, and fast and you've got your album.'

I believe he was referring to the first Raconteurs album. Does anyone know the source of this quote?

#2 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,284 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

From an April 2006 program called Daily Download on something called the FUSE Network:

Yepp, it was kind of funny. They talked a tad about how the band began. Jack was funny, he made a comment about advice for teens in bads to record their songs at slow medium and fast, then have three songs, and it will add up to 9, and then they will have an album. Then he stepped on a girls foot and apologizes for it and that was funny. Then he made another funny comment about the best plan is to have no plan. He kept stating his funny remarks to "teenagers" and it was funny. Just cause the show is watched by teenagers mainly.

No perfomance, just video.

It seemed kind of like a waste, they cut jack off. They said the NY show sold out in 45 secs. And they joked about it being slow, and Jack was like we'll try harder next time.

#3 Piranha Medicine

Piranha Medicine

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

Awesome, thank you!

#4 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

So scary to see how I spoke/typed in 2006.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users