292 replies to this topic

#21 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:07 AM

thats kinda my point there... we need to hear more than 3 songs and they need to be black belle songs not Jack White songs if i am going to think of them as their own band

Jack White and the Black Belles? something really Antibellum about that in an empty way

Jack White and the Thirdman House band... a little more interesting relative to potentials in my opinion

#22 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:15 AM

Honestly after all that was said and done between Brendan and Jack my guess is that he will return to work with the Racs and tour with them only after he has created his songs for them independently just as Brendan has to prevent things from falling out like they did last time.... this would seem to precisely be why he wants all his things done before he sits back down to plan and co=create with them

there will be less disputing amongst them if Brendans stuff is his own and Jacks is his own

There wasn't a falling out... I'm not sure what you're talking about.

#23 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:39 AM

Well disagreeing with you is the last thing i wanna do and diggin up the drudge is on that same level of minimal value for effort so i will just tell you that its good that you see things that way... i have run across some video interviews in here indicate that there is a little more information out there to suggest otherwise and so think what you want really

#24 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,042 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:31 AM

It's worth adding that the Rac's are billed for the Orlando Calling festival. The lineup has leaked and the official announcement comes at 11 est today. http://www.orlandocalling.com/

*Sigh* :(

#25 FernandoDANTE

FernandoDANTE

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:11 PM

Honestly after all that was said and done between Brendan and Jack my guess is that he will return to work with the Racs and tour with them only after he has created his songs for them independently just as Brendan has to prevent things from falling out like they did last time.... this would seem to precisely be why he wants all his things done before he sits back down to plan and co=create with them

there will be less disputing amongst them if Brendans stuff is his own and Jacks is his own

What are you talking about? What has been "said and done"? What fall-out?

#26 Twist of Denial

Twist of Denial

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

It's worth adding that the Rac's are billed for the Orlando Calling festival. The lineup has leaked and the official announcement comes at 11 est today. http://www.orlandocalling.com/

Well, I like this. It does go against what they have been saying though, about the Michigan show being their only date in 2011. I would say that there is something brewing in the pot.

#27 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:48 PM

Somewhere in the Racs threads there is some conversation and also a few video links which define what i would call a maturing process that went on within the racs history where some frustration surfaced relative to the sensibilities of Brendans artistry not getting enough noteriety or some such grief which put everything on hold

My thoughts on the matter revolve more around the intense sort of challenge that happens when one menber has 2 or 3 supergroups that they need to plan for as a long term writing/composing and recording agendas as well as touring and promotional headaches

Ultimately there were these basic tensions combined with the Jack we all know and love being the master of ceremonies in all the ways that he has perfected and i think this whole circus of ideas got interpreted into particular individuals feeling like a 'cramping of ones style' was in play which really made for some galactic super hero feelings... i guess...

its not like i was really there but it is like i have had some time in the music industry with high powerered personalities with over publicized backlash potentialities

ok... i know that this calls for researching said videos and producing 'factual' reference but honestly... dont be so shocked that these things are a part of people dealing with their own views and insecurities... i think its all quite healthy to really making powerful personalities comfortable with working together in lasting ways... so it goes

#28 Clicky Bump

Clicky Bump

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 314 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:10 PM

Somewhere in the Racs threads there is some conversation and also a few video links which define what i would call a maturing process that went on within the racs history where some frustration surfaced relative to the sensibilities of Brendans artistry not getting enough noteriety or some such grief which put everything on hold

My thoughts on the matter revolve more around the intense sort of challenge that happens when one menber has 2 or 3 supergroups that they need to plan for as a long term writing/composing and recording agendas as well as touring and promotional headaches

Ultimately there were these basic tensions combined with the Jack we all know and love being the master of ceremonies in all the ways that he has perfected and i think this whole circus of ideas got interpreted into particular individuals feeling like a 'cramping of ones style' was in play which really made for some galactic super hero feelings... i guess...

its not like i was really there but it is like i have had some time in the music industry with high powerered personalities with over publicized backlash potentialities

ok... i know that this calls for researching said videos and producing 'factual' reference but honestly... dont be so shocked that these things are a part of people dealing with their own views and insecurities... i think its all quite healthy to really making powerful personalities comfortable with working together in lasting ways... so it goes

They're making more music. Why does any of this matter? I don't know about you, but I'm here for the music.

#29 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:15 PM

if you read what i said then i think i made my point... i think it also explains this whole mystery about how only this show was booked but maybe now other shows are booked

i think more to the point is that it takes a lot of courage and well planned out professionalism to get creative folks beyond the very personal experience of exposure

so... yeah.. im here for the music and i am actually here as a supportive member of the music community who does not live in confusion or the mystery of the shrouded process

#30 FernandoDANTE

FernandoDANTE

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:24 PM

So, basically, a bunch of speculation that might soon be proven entirely untrue by a new album/tour.

#31 bigbk915

bigbk915

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

Hey guys.  Thought I'd give you an update on the Orlando Calling festival.  The lineup has been officially released and the Raconteurs are indeed billed.  Check it out here:  http://consequenceof...o-calling-2011/

#32 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

So, basically, a bunch of speculation that might soon be proven entirely untrue by a new album/tour.

if you wanna call a video interview with Brendan Benson airing some of the ideas speculation

#33 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:05 PM

There has never been a falling out or anything of the sort ever mentioned in The Raconteurs. It's all bullshit speculation that existed on this forum over Brendan saying a few times that he wished people noticed his solo material more and didn't call the band and recognize it as "Jack's". Comments that have been obvious and touched upon back in 2006 when they didn't want to be called a "supergroup". Brendan mentioned he wished he had the success this band has had, but no falling out or anything negative. All other thoughts are just fans speculating and basing nothing on fact. To sit and say "well I think otherwise" is fine, but it doesn't make it true at all. I just can't stand when people bring it up, because that very reason is how rumors start. Why would we want them to start here or even live here?

:angry:

#34 CHEEKY

CHEEKY

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:39 PM

If there is a new album it's great, can't wait for it !

For those of you STILL debating whose band it is... no brainer, it's Brendan's !!
Always has been, he started it all with a steady knock on a door, but ever since the start of it, it's been good to me.
Viva la Raconteurs !!!

#35 steadyasshegoes

steadyasshegoes

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:56 AM

Jack has the free time to do this

Greenhornes do as well

Brendan has been in the studio with his new solo record, and this is the only thing that seems in the way. HOWEVER, i think it would be a wise choice for him to shelf it once its done and dive full-on into the Raconteurs. In order to stay relevant, they need to put something out soon. Brendan has a pretty low key solo career, and I feel like an extra year of a wait might actually give his solo record release a little bit more hype.

#36 funkycandycaner

funkycandycaner

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:00 PM

I disagree. I don't think Brendan (or the Greenhornes for that matter) should have to take a back seat to the Raconteurs. I also don't think a year is going to make his new release more anticipated. I know Brendan has hardly thrown records out one after the other in the past, but I personally don't want to have to wait another year or two which turns in to five just because the Raconteurs are happening.

#37 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,715 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

Jack has the free time to do this

What on earth makes you think this?

#38 Clicky Bump

Clicky Bump

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 314 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:21 PM

"Just wrapped up a week of top secret work on a project debuting this fall. Heading down to NYC. See you on the boat tomorrow? Ahoy!" - The Greenhornes on facebook

#39 Little Jellybee

Little Jellybee

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:38 PM

Brendan has a pretty low key solo career

gaga for the masses,
bb for the few who dare to have taste

don't mess with bb!

:P

#40 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:57 PM

theres nothing wrong with brendan... he is a good artist and brings lots to the table really and he is a good match for blending variety into jacks style really

i prefer the complexity of jacks writing and also believe that jack has some gamesmanship about himself which complicates his work with any musician... something wrong there?? no but i dont think anyone needs to get worked up over acknowledging when shit goes down and artists get some creative tensions going either

There has never been a falling out or anything of the sort ever mentioned in The Raconteurs.

It's all bullshit speculation that existed on this forum over Brendan saying a few times that he wished people noticed his solo material more and didn't call the band and recognize it as "Jack's".

Brendan mentioned he wished he had the success this band has had, but no falling out or anything negative. :angry:

sigh... you know the fact is that you stated these things clearly because they are known

im not making as big a deal as it seems you are even though i think that making those comments in a very public manner may well be more than 'speculation' if one was to want to look back as opposed to saying 'hmmm' hope no more shit pops out of his mouth like that in the future to start more 'speculation' so... that having been said... lets agree that we do not want to see that kind of thing continued

Edited by thee radical eclectic, 22 July 2011 - 04:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users