292 replies to this topic

#1 hernameisbrittany

hernameisbrittany

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:45 PM

Reasons why a new album may be underway soon...
Greenhornes have a gap in their tour from July 23 to Sept 2.
Proof?:http://greenhornes.com/tour/
Raconteurs playing MI Fest on 9/17/2011.
Proof?:http://mi-fest.com/
<JackWhite> can't tour with the raconteurs right now, i'm writing songs / and recording them. / and listening to them.
Proof?: July 6th Modblast chat.

#2 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,042 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

I'm hoping that Vault chat quote is proof that Jack is writing songs for himself.

#3 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:19 PM

^^ That. Much as I'd like new Racs, CotP's idea makes me even happier.

#4 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:19 PM

well i am interested in anything except Jack writing songs for Black Belles and them becoming his back up band... sorry ladies... just not really filling the bill as it were

#5 tkoger

tkoger

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

I also took the vault quote as Jack is writing songs for the Raconteurs, but I guess we will know in time.

#6 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:27 PM

Everyone always leaves Brendan out of the formula when factoring what the band is up to... Brendan is finishing his next solo album and it's supposed to be released early 2012. This wouldn't be the first time that he's postponed an album for a Raconteurs album/tour, but I don't know. Brendan's original post said that the MI Fest was the only show for them this year. I could see a new album happening, but I wouldn't lean on the side of it happening because of one show. Who says The Greenhornes won't go back into the studio? Jack won't do something else? Brendan won't release his album and tour? Who knows...

#7 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,042 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:46 PM

I'm going to be honest, if the next thing Jack does isn't his brainchild then I'm going to have very little interest in it.

#8 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:52 PM

Everyone always leaves Brendan out of the formula when factoring what the band is up to...

Hmmm... why would they do that? How could you forget about a person's entire existence?

Brendan won't release his album and tour? Who knows...

#9 CodyT3212

CodyT3212

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:10 PM

I hope they make at least one more record. I miss me my Raconteurs.

#10 Little Jellybee

Little Jellybee

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:32 AM

new rac record would be AWESOME

#11 Little Jellybee

Little Jellybee

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:46 AM

I'm hoping that Vault chat quote is proof that Jack is writing songs for himself.

you want jw all alone on stage only with a guitar :huh: ... he is not a folk singer, he is a rocker and rockers need to rock out in a band, or at least let there be drums :P

#12 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,042 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:15 AM

He can get a band to back him up. I just care about him being the sole songwriter. By the way, being solo doesn't mean he can't rock. Mark Sultan and Bob Log are proof of that.

#13 billdore

billdore

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:50 AM

you want jw all alone on stage only with a guitar :huh: ... he is not a folk singer, he is a rocker and rockers need to rock out in a band, or at least let there be drums :P

He did it for that bowling alley thing back in 2001. Turned out well.

#14 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:54 AM

^^ And for that third Peel session in '04. Seriously, just because he could possibly put out an album of his own tunes and maybe play a few shows on his own doesn't mean he'd never play with other musicians again. He's got plenty of time ahead of him to do both if he feels like it. And I sure as hell wouldn't complain if he chose to do a brief solo gig.

#15 Twist of Denial

Twist of Denial

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

Now it is an old interview, but it is still something to keep in mind.

"We have songs we didn't even get to when we recorded" -Jack

Perhaps they may have even recorded some of those songs between then and now, and have been saving them for a future album.

#16 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:06 PM

well i think everyone here can agree on one thing regarding Raconteurs shows...

Posted Image

and thus Jack has spoken according to little room fanfare

as for back up bands and/or solo production... all good ... just not the black belles

#17 FernandoDANTE

FernandoDANTE

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:18 AM

It wouldn't make sense for a band to reunite with the sole purpose of playing just ONE show, only 3 years after their previous tour, and not recording anything/touring more. Doesn't add up.

#18 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:03 AM

Honestly after all that was said and done between Brendan and Jack my guess is that he will return to work with the Racs and tour with them only after he has created his songs for them independently just as Brendan has to prevent things from falling out like they did last time.... this would seem to precisely be why he wants all his things done before he sits back down to plan and co=create with them

there will be less disputing amongst them if Brendans stuff is his own and Jacks is his own

#19 bigbk915

bigbk915

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:46 AM

It's worth adding that the Rac's are billed for the Orlando Calling festival. The lineup has leaked and the official announcement comes at 11 est today. http://www.orlandocalling.com/

#20 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:48 AM

It wouldn't make sense for a band to reunite with the sole purpose of playing just ONE show, only 3 years after their previous tour, and not recording anything/touring more. Doesn't add up.

but Jack doesn't have to make sense, so who the fuck knows
oh and btw - The Black Belles are awesome hope they play out there with the Racs at the RRS or something and someone tapes it cause I'm dying for more than three songs here :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users