#41 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,695 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:03 PM

- it's like he has no reverse or something :lol:

I swear I read an interview recently in which he actually said something very much like that, that he's always moving forward. Gonna have to remember which one that was...

#42 ACertainMan

ACertainMan

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 363 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:23 PM

if the no reverse thing is true, the same could be said for a Stripes reunion. *gulp*

Right now he's in a bigger room. Now he needs to think: "How did I get started, sitting in the little room?" while we all sing dadadadaadada impatiently for his next move. I mean, feeling like he's outgrown something is possible... but with both the Stripes and Raconteurs I feel like there are loose ends. Oddly, I think Cowards was a good album for the Dead Weather to go out on. I could, with immense pain see the Stripes ending with Icky Thump.... but the Raconteurs evolved so much from first album to second that there's got to be one more in them.

Edited by ACertainMan, 02 July 2010 - 07:25 PM.

#43 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:13 PM

First off Astro, I was just making a joke about him not "bothering" to show up - but I think the fact he chose to have them play while he was unaavailable doe say something about the status of the band imho ;)
As for the interview, that is hillarious - it's jsut how I feel about jack. He's like a shark, always gotta be moving forward or he'll die or something :lol:
And I unfortunately feel that the same probably can be said for the Stripes. Not sure if it has anything to do with Jack outgrowing them or anything, but I think he get's bored easily, or maybe he just get's interested really easily who knows :lol:

Edited by spastic.jerk, 09 July 2010 - 12:13 PM.

#44 doingtheastro

doingtheastro

Icky Thump

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 404 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:34 PM

First off Astro, I was just making a joke about him not "bothering" to show up - but I think the fact he chose to have them play while he was unaavailable doe say something about the status of the band imho
As for the interview, that is hillarious - it's jsut how I feel about jack. He's like a shark, always gotta be moving forward or he'll die or something :lol:
And I unfortunately feel that the same probably can be said for the Stripes. Not sure if it has anything to do with Jack outgrowing them or anything, but I think he get's bored easily, or maybe he just get's interested really easily who knows :lol:

My bad. I was meaning to tease you a little, there was a smile and a teasing tone there that didn't show up on the page. Sorry about that. :( Yeah, i think you are right about the shark thing. As for the Raconteurs, I hope that he just wanted to do something really special in his store to celebrate record store day. And of all the bands he is in the Racontwoeurs seems more of a workable option than the White Dot. Maybe I am tell myself what I want to hear, I don't know.

Edited by doingtheastro, 12 July 2010 - 02:54 PM.

#45 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:49 PM

Jack said in a recent interview that he can't see being in more than the 3 bands he has... Makes sense tho... III bands.

I see Jack taking a break after the Dead Weather tour, at least a break from him doing any major musical projects (just for a few months). Of course it makes the most sense that The White Stripes would happen since The Greenhornes will be busy and Brendan will be wrapping his stuff up and probably baby chilling haha. I'm hoping for some Raconteurs in 2011 tho if The White Stripes aren't happening.

#46 steadyasshegoes

steadyasshegoes

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:01 PM

Jack said in a recent interview that he can't see being in more than the 3 bands he has... Makes sense tho... III bands.

I see Jack taking a break after the Dead Weather tour, at least a break from him doing any major musical projects (just for a few months). Of course it makes the most sense that The White Stripes would happen since The Greenhornes will be busy and Brendan will be wrapping his stuff up and probably baby chilling haha. I'm hoping for some Raconteurs in 2011 tho if The White Stripes aren't happening.

I'm sure BB has been working hard on tons of songs, many of which could be used on a raconteurs record. jack would just need to turn to him and say "lets make this happen". as much as i want more WS, i just have this gut feeling that its not the right time for it. i know it sounds bad, but i feel like it was be forced if he were to do another one right now. i dont like the dead weather, but even that makes more sense in a way...personally im hoping for more racs at the time. WS someday, yes, but i want their next album to be perfect, not forced.

#47 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:25 AM

Ya I gotcha. Maybe the forced idea you have is just based off of Jack not publicly expressing that he'd really like to do The White Stripes right now. I agree for now that I see The Raconteurs happening again first, but who knows with him.

#48 JeffL

JeffL

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:36 PM

I LOVE the Raconteurs but it is White Stripes time again.

#49 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:36 PM

I LOVE the Raconteurs but it is White Stripes time again.

That's what we said after the last Raconteurs tour, and the last Dead Weather tour lol.

I'm with you tho, either will make me :wub:

#50 Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:12 PM

We need more RACS!

#51 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:25 PM

if he goes back to a band and it isn't the White Stripes I think my feelings would be a little bit more than hurt. It'd be nice to have him back on guitar but lord knows I wanna see him really fronting a group again - those were the days weren't they :lol:

#52 JeffL

JeffL

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:00 PM

The way Jack White is as a performer makes him seem like frontman even as a drummer. He just commands attention. But I know what your saying, I'm just hoping he says it soon.

#53 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:09 AM

The way Jack White is as a performer makes him seem like frontman even as a drummer. He just commands attention. But I know what your saying...

trust me I know what you're saying to ;) He does command attention no matter where he's at, just would like to see him completely out front like the good ole' Stripes days *shrugs* I'll take what I can get though, just glad he's still out there making music and hasn't had some sort of nuclear melt down or something :lol:

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,061 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:43 AM

if he goes back to a band and it isn't the White Stripes I think my feelings would be a little bit more than hurt. It'd be nice to have him back on guitar but lord knows I wanna see him really fronting a group again - those were the days weren't they :lol:

already hurt :( I think we not will have Raconteurs and White Stripes in soon :angry: Jack are really make me angry.

#55 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:51 PM

already hurt :( I think we not will have Raconteurs and White Stripes in soon :angry: Jack are really make me angry.

hahaha. Without Jack, YOU HAVE NONE!

;)

#56 spastic.jerk

spastic.jerk

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:37 PM

already hurt I think we not will have Raconteurs and White Stripes in soon Jack are really make me angry.

I don't think we will be hearing anything from either of these bands myself - and I don't really mean that I would take it personally. I'm just glad he's still making music when the Stripes went on "hiatus" I was sure Jack would crawl under an indie rock and never come out again - thank god that didn't happen. He'll move on and do something else, don't know what the hell that will be but I'm sure we'll see ;) :P
And I was pissed when the Dead Weather came around cause i wasn't the biggest Racs fan but I dug them a lot more, so just keep your fingers crossed and keep the faith :D

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,061 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:28 AM

:ph34r: Jack always will moving on... he can make rock or one rap... next I think will be one samba :lol:

#58 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:05 AM

Posted Image !! No samba Ka, no no no........

Maybe he'll just hang out at home, produce some records and let the little woman do her music thing for awhile. Nothing wrong with that.

But if The Greenhornes release thier lp this year, no Racs.

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,061 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:19 AM

Posted Image !! No samba Ka, no no no........

Maybe he'll just hang out at home, produce some records and let the little woman do her music thing for awhile. Nothing wrong with that.

But if The Greenhornes release thier lp this year, no Racs.

I'm kidding :) Samba is horrible :ph34r: rap too...

Nothing is wrong... I just hope can see White Stripes again =( And I don't like Jack Weather hahaha.

#60 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:11 PM

I'm kidding Posted Image Samba is horrible Posted Image rap too...

Nothing is wrong... I just hope can see White Stripes again =( And I don't like Jack Weather hahaha.

Ha, Jack Weather Posted Image , I know your waiting and you've been very patient as well Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users