Photo

September 15, 2011 - NASHVILLE, TN (Ryman Auditorium)

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 mudyjoon

mudyjoon

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

Jo's pics are great, thanks for posting link:)

#62 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:00 PM

Just had a thought about the lighting - they were filming the show with at least 3 cameras (for those of you out there hoping for a Vaut DVD might get your wish!) so maybe they turned on the house lights after each song to film audience reaction shots?

#63 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:39 PM

Let's just hope for COLOR.

#64 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:28 AM

That stage was totally overloaded with hotness. :wub:

And judging by Mi-Fest, the music wasn't bad either. :D

#65 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:38 AM

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but when Jack was introducing the band he said that Patrick was the "best drummer in the business" - which I agree with!

I was so impressed with PK when we saw the Greenhornes in April - but even more so with the TMR and Ryman performances.

#66 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:42 AM

Is there a video of You Don't Understand Me? Jack changed many of the lyrics...

Edited by jeejet730, 21 September 2011 - 10:43 AM.

#67 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:59 PM

Is there a video of You Don't Understand Me? Jack changed many of the lyrics...

#68 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:13 AM

Thank you dear!

#69 jeesher

jeesher

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

It was cool, I was so tempted to just start piling EVERYTHING I saw into a shopping bag and surrender my life-will to Jack to make up for all the money I didn't have to do so. The store was crowded, but the girl working behind the counter was extremely friendly to everybody--great service, like she couldn't had been nicer. I ended up with the 45 box, a TMR 45 adapter, basic TMR T-shirt, and Jenny and Johnny live (I have most of the other live releases already). Then a few 45s: BP Fallon (after seeing him open those songs/spoken words for the Kills), Lanie Lane, Laura Marling, and the Raconteurs "Hands" (live version with their feet on the cover, backed with "It Ain't Easy" live). I'll tell you though, I really did want every single thing in the store from the TMR record player on down to the most random sticker. It took some serious strength holding myself back.

In the store, I overheard some girl talking about how once she ran into Jack at an airport in LA while she was wearing a White Stripes t-shirt, and she was able to talk to him for a bit, and she was saying that he literally like pulled out a 45 from his jacket pocket and gave it to he... Maybe she is on these board? Are you out there????

Furthermore, I decided to go into another record store in downtown, and couldn't help but grab Van Lear Rose, and being in Nashville I grabbed "The Pressure Is On" by Hank Williams Jr. (which I blindly picked because I like the Elliott Smith cover of "All My Rowdy Friends Have Settled Down"). I definitely spent some cash on this trip, but it was all well worth it ;)

HA! I went to TMR the next day too! It is tiny! The staff was so nice. As far as the filming that went on - they didn't know what they were going to do with it. I
'll bet it gets released to the Vault first. It was a great show. I haven't seen them since '08 in Memphis.

#70 steadyasshegoes

steadyasshegoes

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:32 PM

brendan benson needs a haircut!

#71 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:30 AM

I love his hair now, lots. :)

#72 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:32 PM

He looks really grungy, but I prefer it over the mini fro that he has sometimes.

http://cdn.pastemaga....jpg?1264607635

#73 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:38 PM

He looks really grungy, but I prefer it over the mini fro that he has sometimes.

http://cdn.pastemaga....jpg?1264607635

agreed... i have that kind of hair and if you cut it too short its just a mop of mess... i keep mine long

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users