178 replies to this topic

#161 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:14 PM

I watched two and a half episodes of Freak Show and threw in the towel. And I guess months from now I'll be checking out Hotel as you all are digging into season 6 (are they planning a season 6?)

Not into the freak show setting?  I only saw random bits of it, myself, and it was all over the place.

#162 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:37 PM

It's just... boring. The freaks are just props for the regular cast members to act around. And the characters played by the regular cast are boring, they all seem so depressed, the show feels depressing, and there's so much stabbing.  It's not even interesting enough to stick around and find out what the deal is with the scary clown.

#163 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:52 PM

Admit it:  you're afraid of clowns. ;)

#164 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:58 PM

Nah. Only boring ones.

#165 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:03 PM

Fair enough.

#166 Maschine Man

Maschine Man

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,161 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:29 AM

Well wasn't THAT JUST SHIT. 

Hotel isn't off to a good start. It's not even the good kind of bad. 

#167 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,347 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:20 PM

Vampires?!  Really?!  Ugh!

#168 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:46 PM

I wouldn't take issue with vampires being included, per se, but more with there not really being anyone to root for on the show.  Say, a genuine emotional point-of-entry for all the weirdness.  That said, I'm considering giving the show more of a look (than just the premiere and a bit of the second episode), because that white room with the TVs (with old video games on them) and candy is sort of visually intriguing.

#169 ElectricitysGhost

ElectricitysGhost

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:08 PM

I like a lot of the visuals in this season, and I'm going to keep watching for Gaga, but mostly I'm like "Meh." Did they have to make the serial killer character such an obvious HH Holmes clone? I thought that was super corny. 

#170 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:36 PM

And the stories don't demand a lot of heavy-lifting from Gaga, as an actress.  She's just needs to be weird, cool and stylish, which is pretty much the primary appeal of the series, or at least this season, anyways (from the looks of it).

#171 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 04:28 PM

I keep starting to watch the second episode of this season On Demand, and quickly grow bored.  I just can't begin to give a fuck about any of these people, especially Sarah Paulson's drug addict character, who was clearly intended for Jessica Lange before she took a year off.

#172 ElectricitysGhost

ElectricitysGhost

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:46 AM

This last episode...I'm losing interest. I'm a huge serial killer buff but I was bored by the dinner scene. Lily Rabe was a pretty okay Aileen Wuornos I guess...but what was the point of this scene? It's so convoluted. Mehhhhh.

And how was Ted Bundy not invited to that shindig? 

#173 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:56 PM

Season 4 Hotel is coming up on Netflix this Tuesday. From the looks of the comments up there ^^, I get the impression I might not get any further into it than I did the Freak Show season.

#174 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,370 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 03:49 PM

I bought all the seasons. I started with freaks because my underwear are browning. Jessica doing Bowie was OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD FANFUCKINGTASTIC!!!!

NEXT coven. Great..

Then 1. Just OK.

Then assylum. Fucking great.

I haven't seen 5. .

Although they are a tad formulaic I loved them all. Jessica is a god.

Edited by lindapoirier, 03 October 2016 - 03:54 PM.

#175 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 05:17 PM

I haven't REALLY enjoyed anything since the first 2 seasons. With that being sad, I'm enjoying the current season so far. A lot more than the past few seasons.

#176 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,347 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:14 AM

This season reminds me a lot of Season one (which I loved), mainly because as of right now, it's centered around this haunted house.

I am enjoying seeing the crazy, killing nurses.  They are bat shit crazy!

#177 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:42 AM

So I watched episode one of Hotel last night, with all its bloody chewing, and then went to bed and was kept awake all night by a squirrel or some other critter chewing in the ceiling over my bed.  I think I'm not going to watch anymore of this season.

#178 The Crawling KingSnake

The Crawling KingSnake

Administrator

• El Presidente!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,347 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:15 AM

What's all this chatter about a "secret" AHS season?  Confused...

#179 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:14 AM

After a questionable first episode, I ended up really enjoying Hotel. The vampires were inexplicably sloppy and Angela Basset's version of campy acting is horrendous compared to Jessica Lange's (definitely missed her in this season, but there really wasn't a part for her), but there were so many good things to make up for it. Most of the characters and storylines ended up being very engaging, Lady Gaga was quite impressive, and it was a treat to see Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters playing against their usual types. 

Though there never really was a satisfying explanation of where that thing with the corkscrew strap-on came from. Supposedly Sally "summoned" it, but what was it, where did she summon it from, and how? Everything else that manifested inside the hotel was explained so neatly, but not that. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users