Photo

October 30, 2011 - NEW ORLEANS, LA (Voodoo Music Experience)

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,282 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:48 PM

Please post all reviews, setlists, photos, etc. in this thread only, please. Thanks and enjoy the show!

#2 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,708 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

Who's taping...?

Oh, and whoever's there, have an excellent time, whether you're taping or not :D

#3 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:07 PM

Not me, sorry, and I'm using the hotel wifi quick before it dies again--

Faaaaabulous show, I put $120 extra on my credit card (and tried not to think about it) so upgraded to VIP, ended up front row center, on the rail. :)

Mark instaed of Dean tonight--they started a bit rusty, a few missed cues etc., but BOY did they warm up!! Didn't write down the set list but pretty much the same as MI-Fest, different order (e.g. Salute Your Solution in encore), plus Together. Blues Veins, though--the face-melting came at the beginning (I thought it was going to be an instrumental for a while there before it turned into Blue Veins), and then later EVERYTHING melted. God I hope somebody posts this on You-tube!!!

Oh, and Jack's wedding ring is back on his left hand.

More when I have proper internet access!

#4 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:25 PM

Ahh, can't wait to seem some video!

Glad it was awesome.

Picture from an interview:

http://twitter.com/#!/fusetv/status/130809285612544000/photo/1/large

Edited by Ak1nney, 30 October 2011 - 10:38 PM.

#5 Newo13

Newo13

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:46 PM

Oh that was amazing!!!! Blue Veins was like the coolest thing ever. I don't have time to say much more right now but me and my boyfriend got tweeted by ThirdMan RRS dressed up as Meg and Jack! http://yfrog.com/nzccbaj

#6 rag-and-bone

rag-and-bone

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:53 AM

aqua, were you the woman in the red jacket/black hat? i think i met you, if yes.

setlist:

Consoler
hands
level
old enough
top yourself
you don't understand me
many shades of black
switch and the spur
together
intimate secretary
broken boy soldier
rich kid blues
blue veins

encore:
salute your solution
steady as she goes
carolina drama

i was (pretty much) front row, i was on the rail and the camera guy kept shoving the camera in my face, so i was on the giant screen several times (along with my twin brother). i got super lucky and, because a friend got sick and had to give up the VIP bracelet she'd been given for free, i took hers and was able to get so close! it was really rad.

the set was awesome. as aqua said, they started off kinda shaky- but it got better. honestly the highlight for me was intimate secretary- it was just SO TIGHT. it was incredible. and then getting both broken boy soldier and blue veins was incredible, because the only time i'd seen them before i didn't get either of them! so yeah. there's that.

jack talked for a second about how detroit is very similar to new orleans, and brendan made a point to ask if anybody in the crowd was from harvey or the west bank. pretty neat.

on a side note, TV on the Radio FUCKING RULES.

Edited by rag-and-bone, 31 October 2011 - 01:01 AM.

#7 Lux84

Lux84

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:20 AM

I'm glad you had a great time.

Posted Image
Via Nola.com

#8 Lux84

Lux84

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:45 AM

FUSE interview video

#9 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,708 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:01 AM

Level. Keep the volume down, there's much crowd screaming. And hellatious distortion--

Edited by Kali Durga, 31 October 2011 - 08:02 AM.

#10 Divemistress of the Dark

Divemistress of the Dark

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:07 AM

Faaaaabulous show, I put $120 extra on my credit card (and tried not to think about it) so upgraded to VIP, ended up front row center, on the rail. :)

Kicks ass!!!

#11 ymagirl

ymagirl

Icky Thump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:12 AM

so glad you all had a great time, thanks for posting about the show. New Orleans is always such a fun town to go to shows for, among other things ;)

#12 avenue_en_detroit

avenue_en_detroit

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:15 PM

Ahh, can't wait to seem some video!

Glad it was awesome.

Picture from an interview:

http://twitter.com/#...0/photo/1/large

I would just like to point out that I stocked that dressing room / moved that couch that they're sitting on in the picture above. It was a real bummer that they stayed in the bus basically the ENTIRE time. They seriously were in that room just for that interview and then were gone.

#13 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:18 PM

I would just like to point out that I stocked that dressing room / moved that couch that they're sitting on in the picture above. It was a real bummer that they stayed in the bus basically the ENTIRE time. They seriously were in that room just for that interview and then were gone.

The Raconteurs are addicted to World of Warcraft, so that's probably why.

#14 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

aqua, were you the woman in the red jacket/black hat? i think i met you, if yes.

i was (pretty much) front row, i was on the rail and the camera guy kept shoving the camera in my face, so i was on the giant screen several times

No, that wasn't me (though it could have been Newo13), but it sounds if you were standing more or less next to me! :D I was on the screen once too, singing Many Shades of Black. :ph34r: Speaking of which, I thought it was really interesting that Jack introduced it, plus Old Enough and a couple of others, specifically as having been written by Brendan (as opposed to the "joint composition" notion).

I thought it was so cute that at the end they were all so busy applauding the audience they screwed up the bow. Posted Image

I'm so happy that now I've seen both "versions" of the Racs, and I have to say that the fiddle (which, as Jack pointed out, "you like down here") did make a big difference to Old Enough. But then, I do love Dean. And having now seen them both reasonably close, I'd definitely say Dean wins in the hotness stakes. Though everybody was looking very fine last night.

Oh, and when I was collecting my car from the hotel parking garage this morning, guess which big yellow bus I saw idling and ready to go?

Edit: Times-Picayune review http://www.nola.com/...d_out_vood.html (Edit again: Oh, sorry, that's the same link Lux84 posted above. My brain's fried, I just drove back from N.O. and now I'm sitting in my office trying to focus!)

Edited by Aquamarine, 31 October 2011 - 02:23 PM.

#15 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

(And on an entirely different note--look, Newo13, this is the band we hated, even before we knew about this. :P http://www.nbc33tv.c...-music-festival Several bands had to be endured in order to stake out a spot, I should explain, but fortunately TV on the Radio were really good.)

#16 Newo13

Newo13

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:15 PM

Oh my goodness I can't believe that! I hated that band. They were so rude. I could only stay for 1 song before I had to leave because I couldn't stand them. It's like if they hate photographers so much then they should never take their pictures and write articles about them any where. Without them they wouldn't get much publicity.

As soon as they were over I ran back over there and got my same spot so it was ok. Then after TV on the Radio I got to scoot up a little more. I'm glad they were before The Raconteurs and not those mean rapping boys.

#17 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:14 PM

Posted ImageSlightly shorter lines than MI-Fest. :D

Edited by Aquamarine, 31 October 2011 - 05:31 PM.

#18 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,708 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

Ninjatrombonist found some much better videos :)

There are several at that person's page, though I've gotten error messages trying to load a couple of them-- http://www.youtube.c...u/7/10QkZyv2cQg

#19 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:02 PM

Great, thanks!! :wub: :wub:

#20 Ninjatrombonist

Ninjatrombonist

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

I'm still hoping better videos will come up..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users