Photo

September 15, 2011 - NASHVILLE, TN (Ryman Auditorium)

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 dclubb83

dclubb83

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:28 PM

jacks amp?

#42 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

Hoping for Keep It Clean tomorrow. :)

#43 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,092 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:54 PM

So where is the new material? :angry:

#44 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,715 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:05 PM

Who said there was gonna be any...? :mellow:

#45 Sassy_Sez

Sassy_Sez

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:11 AM

Wow. Agree with the poster that said they didn't realise how much they missed this band until they saw that. I've been wanting new Racs but now desperate for it. I need the ability to click my fingers and transport myself from Australia to Michigan for their next gig *cries*

#46 Divemistress of the Dark

Divemistress of the Dark

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:28 AM

Jack got *down*. It was a thing of beauty. Plus, I am now officially nuts for Little Jack. (not in a creepy or lascivious way, I just think he's most awesome.)

Yay for whoever shot these - the guards were busy busting people for photos & vid & throwing 'em out down where we were on the floor...and it sucked, too, cause we would've got some good ones with a proper camera. :( Snuck a couple on my phone but they came out like crap, the lighting was all washed out.

Looking forward to hearing about MI!

#47 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:22 AM

yeah... keep it clean would be a good one... was lookin for that myself

i did wonder about the camera thing and if it was going to be a big issue not .... thanks for sharing Diva... you made my night

today is a better day but somehow i dont think i can slam in a trip to M1 ... they say the tickets are $25 for students... i really should hit it

as for new material... i know exactly where that conversation started and i will say this about it... if there is new material the practicing of it and negotiating part of managing it as a product has not yet occurred as an ironing out process and thus i would expect that we will learn more during October

i have a slight fear that someone somewhere is stirring some troubled waters again already and i wish that not to be the case

quit pushing folks... its really selfish of whomever is doing it because its loving and moving and needs to be given time to grow

little Jack is the bomb and i dont mind saying that he coming into his own sense of delivery in lots of ways

i worry for PK and i dont know why but let me keep my worries to myself... as for Dean... come a little closer so i can see for myself... :D

hahahah... now i am making all kinds of funny... love that the racs are feeling that beautiful sound

Note: whoever is doing the lights at the Ryman has me a little worried ... no matter

#48 denialtwister

denialtwister

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

Why do you think someone is stirring trouble TRE?

#49 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,092 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:55 PM

Who said there was gonna be any...? :mellow:

Wishful thinking and I'm super disappointed. I need me some new Racs.

#50 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

Why do you think someone is stirring trouble TRE?

stirring trouble is the way i see complex situations being pushed in too many directions before the foundation is stable again

so as i see it the Racs are in a natural and tender position of re-establishing stylistic components in formation as band relations

i had stated this earlier... loving and moving and needs to be given time to grow ... as a way of stressing that these guys cut holes in their already fully loaded time lines for this ... especially LJ and PK ... oh man i would have to say that its good that they are 'young and nimble'
{tee hee}

if we wanna see all this move forward as individual artists/members of other bands then pushing hard/prioritizing ambitious outcomes is out

they all need to be given a chance to satisfy personal artist stability in this union before dragging along their sensibilities like dog on fan-base leash of output and 'disappointing expectiations'

tossing off a bunch of new stuff without time to dust off the things that they started may be presumptuous if the old stuff is not intact

does this make sense as a fans point of view as to how i see someone stirring too much pressure and expectation into an equation that was already top heavy?

here is a speculation that might be considered stirring trouble... http://littleroom.wh...dpost&p=2030153 ... no offense intended to little jelly but hey... fact is that a statement can get twisted

Edited by thee radical eclectic, 17 September 2011 - 04:55 PM.

#51 Robinski

Robinski

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:15 PM

-

Edited by Robinski, 17 September 2011 - 05:32 PM.

#52 harvestgirl

harvestgirl

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

i personally taked to patrick at tmr, there are no new songs yet. a friend had a convo w/ bb today & was told the same thing, no new songs/album at this point.

in better news, there will be an rj print at the atlanta show :D

#53 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

let the Racs begin!!!!

Edited by thee radical eclectic, 17 September 2011 - 08:58 PM.

#54 Twist of Denial

Twist of Denial

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:01 PM

I am back home from a long four days, and I was blown away by the Racs.

I left 9:30 pm on Wednesday night for a 15 hour drive from New York. I couldn't miss class that night so I had to wait for it to end before leaving. We got into Nashville around 5:30 Thursday night and quickly checked in to the hotel. I only caught the end of Poeky, but I thought JEFF the Brotherhood was playing really well. They sounded better then when I saw them a month or so ago. Jamin especially was really killing it on the drums I thought, and Jake had a really cool clear guitar.

And then the Racs came on, and I was mesmerized. It was my first time seeing them, and I also missed out on the Stripes, and the Dead Weather tours were bad timing for me. So yeah, this was my first time really seeing Jack rock out on stage, and what a stage presence he had. Yeah the rest of the band was great too. I loved watching Brendan and Jack switch off in songs like Salute Your Solution.

The next day I got up and went to TMR, and then left for another 15 hour drive home. I had a great time though, everybody I talked to was so nice and the Ryman was beautiful. My only big regret was not getting the poster with the pistols on it.

Edited by Twist of Denial, 18 September 2011 - 12:07 PM.

#55 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,715 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:36 PM

And then the Racs came on, and I was mesmerized. ... this was my first time really seeing Jack rock out on stage, and what a stage presence he had. Yeah the rest of the band was great too.

That's exactly how I felt the first time I saw him last year, and have felt every time since then. So glad you were finally able to experience it, and especially at a place like the Ryman! How was your visit to TMR?

#56 Twist of Denial

Twist of Denial

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:28 PM

It was cool, I was so tempted to just start piling EVERYTHING I saw into a shopping bag and surrender my life-will to Jack to make up for all the money I didn't have to do so. The store was crowded, but the girl working behind the counter was extremely friendly to everybody--great service, like she couldn't had been nicer. I ended up with the 45 box, a TMR 45 adapter, basic TMR T-shirt, and Jenny and Johnny live (I have most of the other live releases already). Then a few 45s: BP Fallon (after seeing him open those songs/spoken words for the Kills), Lanie Lane, Laura Marling, and the Raconteurs "Hands" (live version with their feet on the cover, backed with "It Ain't Easy" live). I'll tell you though, I really did want every single thing in the store from the TMR record player on down to the most random sticker. It took some serious strength holding myself back.

In the store, I overheard some girl talking about how once she ran into Jack at an airport in LA while she was wearing a White Stripes t-shirt, and she was able to talk to him for a bit, and she was saying that he literally like pulled out a 45 from his jacket pocket and gave it to he... Maybe she is on these board? Are you out there????

Furthermore, I decided to go into another record store in downtown, and couldn't help but grab Van Lear Rose, and being in Nashville I grabbed "The Pressure Is On" by Hank Williams Jr. (which I blindly picked because I like the Elliott Smith cover of "All My Rowdy Friends Have Settled Down"). I definitely spent some cash on this trip, but it was all well worth it ;)

#57 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:25 PM

Sounds terrific, glad you had such a great time! :)

#58 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

Note: whoever is doing the lights at the Ryman has me a little worried ... no matter

Oh - I totally forgot until I saw you mention it- that was one problem I had with the Ryman - the lights were definitely set to County Music Lighting Style - really bright lights at the conclusion of each song.

Did anyone see Country Strong? Sort of like that... :lol:

Edited by jeejet730, 20 September 2011 - 12:42 PM.

#59 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,715 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:52 PM

I don't think I've seen this show up in this thread yet, but TMR has posted a slideshow of Jo McCaughey's photos over on the side of the News page- http://thirdmanrecords.com/news She got some really terrific shots, as she always does.

Like this one--

Posted Image

Edited by Kali Durga, 20 September 2011 - 01:54 PM.

#60 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:29 PM

Oh - I totally forgot until I saw you mention it- that was one problem I had with the Ryman - the lights were definitely set to County Music Lighting Style - really bright lights at the conclusion of each song.

Did anyone see Country Strong? Sort of like that... :lol:

there were definitely times when those lights were ferocious from what i could tell in the videos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users