#21 lmholot

lmholot

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:18 PM

Who all is going?

By some kind of divine intervention, I saw this today during the 10 or so minutes i was at my computer.

#22 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:24 PM

if it wasnt for having to jock a ticket then i would go but i cannot miss 2 days of work to buy the ticket and then hit the show the next day... yeah i know... workaholic who wishes all this would have gone down in July... why did this happen while school was in session?

#23 hannibal_lusty

hannibal_lusty

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

If this isn't in a vault package you can all have my Firstborn.

#24 sunhouse

sunhouse

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,991 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

pokey lafarge and the south city three are opening! yes! i think he may be the new bob dylan. i hope he does a few of those "americana" songs.

#25 sgo83

sgo83

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:24 PM

After having missed out on the tickets for the Ryman through The vault pre-sale and Ticketmaster I got beyond lucky and struck gold and scored 2 tickets for this Third Man show. I'm beyond happy. I was on the phone with a friend and I had to hang up so I could gain composure, and realize that it was all true.

Enough about my happiness, but I have never been to Third Man, so I was wondering if anyone can prepare me for a live performance there, and tell me what to expect. Does will call open at a certain time? What time would people usually line up to get in? I'm sorry, but when I goto a new venue I'm always nervous since I don't know the protocol. I worry about and fear the unknown.

Thanks for any help.

#26 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:44 AM

If this isn't in a vault package you can all have my Firstborn.

Haha, as soon as they announced it I thought it HAS to be one. Plus, not having a black and blue of it when they know it would sell amazingly? I think it will be one for sure!

#27 ymagirl

ymagirl

Icky Thump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:49 AM

congrats to you all that got tickets. mine were also ceremoniously dumped from my shopping cart so no Rac's shows for me. I'm sure it will be an amazing time down in Nashville, hopefully we'll see this TMR show come around in a Vault package.

#28 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:23 AM

pokey lafarge and the south city three are opening! yes! i think he may be the new bob dylan. i hope he does a few of those "americana" songs.

Pokey is beyond the 'Americana' label in my opinion... he is full on Old Timey in his tribute to the ragtime culture

this show is surely going to be a redeemer for any wayward fan... Pokey is a consumate entertainer and will give the Racs a run for their money on locking in the crowd appreciation ... its what i would call an absolute good

no tickets in my hand though... alas poor yorick all bone head and hands for tickets or feet for ambulation

Edited by thee radical eclectic, 27 August 2011 - 10:25 AM.

#29 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:23 PM

I should have bought tickets to this... but it's a long drive and I'm seeing them 3 days later. I was on facebook as soon as it was announced. Oh well, guess I gave someone else a shot to see them that wasn't going to.

#30 Divemistress of the Dark

Divemistress of the Dark

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

sgo83: Get there early, if you want a good spot. It's general admission and will be packed. It'll also be hot, so don't wear much! Have a good time!

To those gonna camp out: Be aware that is not a great neighborhood at 3 AM so don't go out there unless you're sure you won't be alone. Be sure to carry a cell phone.

(going to skip this one due to an out of town concert the day before & having got good Ryman tix. Y'all have fun!)

Edited by Divemistress of the Dark, 28 August 2011 - 03:21 PM.

#31 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:49 AM

I will be in Nashville then and I'm seeking one ticket - if anyone finds that they can't use a ticket. If you work it out with me then it won't be considered scalping!
I can pay in $ or records - I have vault packages and other stuff...so PM me ya hear??

#32 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,740 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:15 PM

I am now officially both insane and broke. Gonna wait and book my flight after my hands stop shaking, typing this much was a tad tricky.

:D

#33 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:52 PM

Wait - did you buy a ticket?

#34 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,740 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:52 PM

I did.

#35 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:16 PM

Fantastic! I just got one for John!

Do you have a Ryman ticket?

#36 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,740 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

Nah. I tried for one but couldn't swing the expense of changing the flight I'd already arranged for the MI Fest. This is so much better, though, because it's TMR!! And because I can fly home on the 15th and then fly to MI on the 16th per my original plans. I'll be a flyin' fool.

Congrats on finding a second one :)

#37 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:49 PM

Congrats!! :) Wish I could join you both at TMR! (Tell them to schedule it on a weekend next time. ;) )

#38 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,740 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:50 PM

(Tell them to schedule it on a weekend next time. ;) )

Sure thing. I'll corner LJ and insist he take care of it, 'cause we all know how Jack is about schedules ;)

Edited by Kali Durga, 02 September 2011 - 03:50 PM.

#39 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,042 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:55 PM

Are you still coming to Nash for Halloween?

#40 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,740 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

I booked my Halloween trip weeks ago, so yup :)

Now to break the news to my family that they will not be receiving Christmas gifts from me this year...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users