112 replies to this topic

#101 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,766 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:20 PM

I passed the venue on the way in. There's a bar and grill on the corner, right opposite a public parking lot. :)

Glad you made it safe and sound. Name and location of the lot...?

I'm sitting here wondering why I didn't fly down today instead of tomorrow.

Edited by Kali Durga, 12 November 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#102 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:33 PM

Ah. Didn't note the name of the lot (I was driving by with my head swiveling, looking for the hotel). But it's on the corner of Luckie and Spring Streets.

If you'd flown down today, I'd have had something to do tonight! I think I'll eat then get an early night to get ready for tomorrow. :) I saw somebody on Swirl mentioned the possibility of early entry, which had never even occurred to me. Anybody know if they're doing that for this show?

Fly safe, anyway!

#103 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,766 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

If they are, it hasn't been announced. Which makes me doubt it.

And thanks :)

#104 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

Good, I doubted it too! And I doubted I'd get it even if they were.

#105 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

Have a blast, Helen and Tam! :D :D :D Sorry about the RRS, but enjoy that one less complication!

#106 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,766 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:20 AM

On my way...

#107 kcahill

kcahill

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:15 AM

There's usually free parking adjacent to the Tabernacle, but it fills up pretty fast. I'm going to a baby shower this afternoon, but should be there by 6. Hopefully sooner!

#108 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,766 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:24 AM

On the plane now, yay for AirTran and GoGo InFlight wi-fi!

Just found out the person I bought a ticket for has a family emergency, so I have one ticket available for tonight's show. I should be at the venue early afternoon and will sell it for face value if anyone's interested. If so, e-mail me at kalidurga1 at yahoo.

#109 LJP

LJP

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:22 AM

I'd love to meet up with you guys before and after the show. I'll be the...um... older lady. : )

I doubt that you're older than me! So there will be at least 2 "older ladies" there. :-)

On another note, I have a couple of extra tickets to the show and will be there early. If anyone wants one (face value), send me a message.

#110 dilawngurf

dilawngurf

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

any idea on when the doors open for this? there isn't too much info on this show on the tabernacle's website or the rac's website. who is opening, if anyone?
I'm assuming the doors open around 7 P.M.? Guess I'll have to show up around 5-6 haha.

#111 getbehindmejack

getbehindmejack

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:33 AM

Well, I finally met the ever elusive Jack White! Totally surreal moment. been trying to get a chance to say hi to him ever since I saw the White Stripes in 2007.

The band was in top shape tonight and all four of them came out to sign autographs after the show. I had them sign my poster. Great night! Hello to the folks on here that I met tonight too!

#112 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:55 AM

Well, I finally met the ever elusive Jack White! Totally surreal moment. been trying to get a chance to say hi to him ever since I saw the White Stripes in 2007.

The band was in top shape tonight and all four of them came out to sign autographs after the show. I had them sign my poster. Great night! Hello to the folks on here that I met tonight too!

Awesome, I'm happy for you!

And hey, you didn't have to wait that long to meet him. I haven't met Jack :( haha

#113 macwacky

macwacky

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:47 PM

great! :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users