106 replies to this topic

#101 Divemistress of the Dark

Divemistress of the Dark

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

Can't believe I forgot to mention this before but...NO CAMERAS AT THE RYMAN. No fooling. If the ushers can reach you, they will make you put it away or they will throw you out*. Personally, I'm not even taking one b/c there'll be a bag frisk at the door and I don't need the drama.

(Someone may get one in and if you're in the center of a row you may be able to snap a few photos without being nabbed by the staff, but I wouldn't count on it.)

They won't take a camera phone away, so you can bring that in (although they will eject you if they see you shooting pics with it). Of course, they can't stop you from recording audio, but I don't personally know what the band's policy is on that.

Have fun all!

*The one exception I've ever seen to this is when the Opry is there. Got a few pics of Jack and Wanda that way....

Edited by Divemistress of the Dark, 15 September 2011 - 12:56 PM.

#102 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:58 PM

What a joke, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to take all of the pics you want as long as it's not a professional camera. I mean, you do pay the money for the show, it should be a guarantee that you can take some pics for souvenirs. Well, unless the band is recording it as a live performance dvd or something.

#103 Divemistress of the Dark

Divemistress of the Dark

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:32 PM

I hear you. But the upside is you don't have somebody else's camera screen in front of your face the entire time (and they don't let drunks scream & disrupt the show either, which is nice).

Just left TMR - stack of posters from last night still avail. Nothing for tonight that I saw, but the Rob Jones is awesome. Bit of a line, leave yourself some time.

#104 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:34 PM

I hear you. But the upside is you don't have somebody else's camera screen in front of your face the entire time (and they don't let drunks scream & disrupt the show either, which is nice).

Just left TMR - stack of posters from last night still avail. Nothing for tonight that I saw, but the Rob Jones is awesome. Bit of a line, leave yourself some time.

Yeah, I agree. I wish the posters were online!

#105 goodmorningspider

goodmorningspider

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:00 PM

Can't believe I forgot to mention this before but...NO CAMERAS AT THE RYMAN. No fooling. If the ushers can reach you, they will make you put it away or they will throw you out*. Personally, I'm not even taking one b/c there'll be a bag frisk at the door and I don't need the drama.

(Someone may get one in and if you're in the center of a row you may be able to snap a few photos without being nabbed by the staff, but I wouldn't count on it.)

They won't take a camera phone away, so you can bring that in (although they will eject you if they see you shooting pics with it). Of course, they can't stop you from recording audio, but I don't personally know what the band's policy is on that.

Have fun all!

*The one exception I've ever seen to this is when the Opry is there. Got a few pics of Jack and Wanda that way....

i was there about 6 weeks ago for thursday's bluegrass night, and had no problems camera-wise. not sure if it differs from show to show, but there was no bag search, and certainly no-one bothered me one bit about taking photos. was only a few seats in from the aisle too... *shrugs*

#106 Divemistress of the Dark

Divemistress of the Dark

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:06 PM

For some reason it seems like the rock shows get the crackdown. Not sure why Gaylord thinks the more-touristy stuff is somehow immune from winding up on YouTube.

#107 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:09 PM

could it be possible that it has something to do with the fact that he still goes by the name Gaylord in this day and age? just wondering about that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users