106 replies to this topic

#41 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:49 PM

I've stayed off the intrawebs until now, because I knew if there were any good seats in the pre-sale I'd grab them, and realistically I can't go. Guess I'll have to do this all over again on Friday for the public sale.

But many congrats to those who got tix, and commiserations to those who had problems--I remember all the issues getting Wanda tix before Christmas, oy! :wacko:

#42 ellisintransit

ellisintransit

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:56 PM

My friends looking for a pair of tickets right at noon couldn't get any either. I bought a single and it's MF3 Row BB. That's one of the folding chair aisles right in front of the stage, and I have NEVER managed to get those at the Ryman so needless to say I'm effing stoked for this show. The Vault is a wonderful thing, it just sucks that EVERYONE who wants can't get in. It would have been nice if instead of a small allocation of pre-sale tickets, they could have a full one day sale for any and all Vault members, then put the remaining seats on sale. I'm sure that would be a major clusterfuck in addition to whatever contracts are signed with the venue and ticketing agencies and all that. We can dream though right?

Also, it would be nice if we could have more notice than 2 days for pre-sale and 4 days for general on sale. $50 (or $100 if you get a pair) is too much money for such short notice. I've never had a credit card, but when stuff like this comes up it makes it look very appealing.

#43 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:57 PM

Wow, congrats on the great seat! :o

#44 Divemistress of the Dark

Divemistress of the Dark

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:56 PM

I really (really) hate to say this, but you really may want to check the seat numbers on those Section 1 tix. Anything above seat #5 for that row is good. If you drew the lower numbers, you can always buy other tix on Friday and sell your extras on Stubhub.

I point this out because hey, I'd want to know if it was me, especially while there's still time to get more tix. (The issue with lower numbers in that section is not being able to see Patrick or the backdrop, plus boomy sound.)

Hope it helps, sorry to be a downer if it doesn't.

#45 seanwelch

seanwelch

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:22 PM

Yea i had my friend try to buy some tickets for the show since i was at work. He tried but they said you needed another account or whatever, and that cost $21. Then he went back and the tickets were gone. :( HUGE BUMMER!!! i canceled my subscription or whatever it is, but will they still charge me $21? Hopefully they still got some good seats left for the public sale...

#46 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

thanks - and I was aware of the seats with obstructions but luckily mine are seats 7 and 8 - so no problem there!

#47 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:18 PM

Yeah, what is it with that TicketsToday account? Because I never heard of it and certainly don't have an account, so would have run into the same problem. Is it something we want to have an account with for future use, for example?

#48 MICH3LL3

MICH3LL3

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

Congrats to everyone that got tickets. I was online and waiting, but didn't manage to get any :(

p.s. the fact that there's already a pair on ebay for $600 pisses me off. :angry:

#49 ymagirl

ymagirl

Icky Thump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:51 PM

I wasn't able to get any, either. Too many issues with modlife to even bore you with. I'll chalk it up to fate intervening to bring me to my senses that I really shouldn't spend the $$$ on these types of extracurricular activities right now :mellow:

#50 Preacher

Preacher

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

i think the whole presale thing was a scam. they obviously could control who got seats and there where only like 20 people logged in. i'm not happy about not getting tickets. i arranged to be available today because i thought since i was a vault member i would get tickets. i'm a very fast typer and after they posted the password and link you had to sign up for that site that the link took you too which i think was really bad for members of a fan club to have to deal with such crap. sorry that's just imo...i know it's worth nothing. last time i went to ryman or any concert was for annie lennox. i was on the front and she was just unbelievable and is tremendously talented in more ways than one and is a humanitarian who helps people and has done things that TMR could 'never' do. i'd like to try and compare jack to her as an artist but after todays experience i'm confused about how i feel about even 'paying' to be in the fan club. i know he doesn't need my money but i found a post that says "HEY SUCKERS" and then goes on to talk about how he 'cares' for his fans and there was some guy in the chat room that kept ridiculing me because i was complaining and i think he was the moderator. then i see them putting on shows for 12 year olds at TMR??? he's almost 40...like taking candy from a baby...i'm starting to question...only a few people got tickets and i think they where chosen which isn't fair. the moderator guy told me to pray to jesus about it. do you guys think that was appropriate. maybe my 'ideal' of jack white is way off. i thought him to be an artistic caring person. after what i experienced today, and it's not just that i did not get tickets, although again i am a vault member and there wasn't that many of us on there so i feel we 'all' should have gotten tickets. it's not like they where giving them away. again just imo, it's the way the moderator in the chat room talked to me. i guess i need to forget about it and 'pray to jesus'...i was also told to 'grow some'...like balls...more than once...i'm starting to realize that the fan base must be mostly teenagers...and i'm in my 40's so maybe my taste in music has not evolved like my intelligence. and i'm starting to think most of the people that work for him are very very young...which is the case at most businesses these days...they work cheap and i even read something someone wrote that's connected to jack it might have been him about voluteering to work///for free???in this economy... and usually do 'crappy work' and make comments like the one's that where made to me today...i'm just being honest...that's who i am...yeah i'm unhappy i did not get tickets and i don't like the way i was treated in the chat room. even some of the other people where like why are you saying that to him cause i wasn't the only one that didn't get them and again there where only like 20 people logged on so don't think your gonna get any special treatment by joining the vault. your not other than the special packages that get sent out monthy and who knows what's gonna be in those packages.

for anyone wondering about the ryman, it use to be a church. it is known for it's superior sound...that is if the sound people know what they're doing and is a small venue. it is downtown and you will have problems finding parking or have to pay alot to park or both....of course again if 12 year olds make up most of his fan base mom and dad are buying and paying so what the heck does it matter... also i noticed ryman is only charging 39.50 for balcony. tmr charged 42.50 plus some other fee no matter where the seats where for the few that got them...so i guess they're just concerned about getting as much 'sucker' money as they can...then there's the possibility of a canceled show after you go thru all this crap...like the cancellation at the michigan festival with the truck or where ever the freak it was...hey he's like god...he can do whatever he wants...if i where him i'm retire and move to amsterdam...so everybody come on and 'pray to jesus about it' and 'grow some'...

chills and thrills

#51 Preacher

Preacher

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:02 PM

and the pair for 600.00 on ebay is probably TMR!!!

more chills and thrills

#52 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

I feel like we should cut you some slack because I'd be majorly disappointed too if I didn't get tickets, too, but as for the rest of it--maybe cool down and revisit it tomorrow? And if you still feel the same way, at least tell us--what moderator??

Edited by Aquamarine, 03 August 2011 - 08:16 PM.

#53 Preacher

Preacher

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

oh i'm over it...if you have technically knowlegable people working for you then you should be able to capture the whole thing and see which moderator. like i said i'm in my 40's and very technically knowlegable when it comes to computers. i've used them all my life...and not just windows...i very much dislike monopolizers and would love to see bill gates crumble...LINUX is free and much better than windows IMO. just a message for anyone who cares...i don't have anymore time to waste trying to get tickets to go be around a bunch of 12 year olds....boy ryman will be making lots of money off the booze...

and i think someone asked about getting tickets friday. again the ryman is "small" it will sell out fast especially with promoting it by placing tickets on ebay and bidding them up to 600.00. whose got 600.00 dollars to go to a concert??? someone in the 1 percent...does anyone have a clue what i'm talking about...i doubt it...again i think my whole idea of jack was wrong. it reminds me of my obsession with richard patrick...annie has always been my fav female vocalist and richard was my fav male vocalist. i was diagnosed with a chronic illness several years ago so i started setting goals and 2 of those where to meet both of them. i met annie and oh she is like a goddess...richard i was called by his fan club when he played at this dive called the 'exit inn' and he was an arrogant arse. he didn't even show up for the meet and greet...now those 2 brothers, dean and robert...from stone temple pilots...they where awesome but richard was busy on the bus...their excuse was he was sick...reality..he was getting his fix...ok i'm done.

chills and thrills

#54 Divemistress of the Dark

Divemistress of the Dark

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:40 PM

?? I saw that chat session and I'm pretty sure the guy posting as "benyoung" isn't a moderator. I'll agree that mocking people who don't get tix in a presale really sucks - I mean, for the love of God, we're all music fans, surely anyone could understand the disappointment.

Unfortunately TMR seems to attract some of that element - a sort of junior high school mentality. I was just trying to ignore the guy, but I can see how it would get irritating.

Here's the thing, though...my two cents is this: It's still a pretty good sized venue and I'd say you stand a darn good chance of still getting something good if you're online on Friday, since the majority of the 2000+ seats at the Ryman are still going to be available. I agree Vault must not have had many tix at all, b/c I got in by 12:05 and there was nothing left. But you just never know how these things are gonna go.

I posted some comments over on Vault that were read and responded to by Ben S, who said that mostly they're going to use Music Today going forward for presales and that they'll try to let people know in advance, so you can have an account created over there and not run into a bunch of extra steps you have to take while you're under time pressure (freaking out, making typos). Here's hoping that happens. I have to say, the major upside of their doing a presale this way is that there aren't ten pages of presale tickets being sold by scalpers, which deffo would have happened had they run this through Ticketmaster.

#55 Preacher

Preacher

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:03 PM

ok online...ryman.com is selling tickets online or do you have to physically be there at 12 noon or is ticketmaster the only online option? and yes that is the one but everytime i go in the chat which isn't often he's usually there so i just assumed he was a moderator and he made some comment about controlling it so i thought he was actually selecting who got the tickets. believe me they can do that...someone mentioned it was like a lottery...of course that's what they want us to think...but i know differently...they could see who was logged on and then however many tickets they had...everytime i tried it said tickets not available then i'd open the chat and someone would say i just got mine...this happened several times...so it was controlled...

#56 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,779 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

yadda, yadda, yadda...

chills and thrills

You seem to be drawing some ill-informed conclusions. There are no moderators in the Vault chatroom. The number of people who were in the chat is no indication whatsoever of how many people were trying to buy tickets, there are many, many members of the Vault who never enter the chatroom. A significant number of people that I've spoken to in the Vault chatroom, here in the LR, and at Jack's concerts are over 40 (as am I). Jack has said in interviews that TMR puts on all ages shows because he wants younger kids to be able to hear good music. We always know what's going to be in the Vault packages because the details are announced each quarter in time for people to either subscribe or cancel as they see fit.

Lastly, what on earth does Annie Lennox have to do with you not being able to get a ticket to this show, and why does Jack White need to live up to some standard you've created based on your idealized vision of her? It seems that your ideas of both her and Jack are more than a tad deluded. Good luck on Friday.

#57 Divemistress of the Dark

Divemistress of the Dark

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:45 PM

Aw, I just think you have to realize the insane demand for anything with the TMR stamp on it. People travel from all over to attend gigs there, there's a line around the block and people camp out overnight to get limited edition discs....Just think it'd be impossible for them to make everybody happy. The Ryman gig will surely sell out, but it won't sell out immediately, and you'll still get something on Friday (and 3/4 of that venue is great, with only about 1/4 of the seats being obstructed view or boomy sound.)

Long story short: You can go camp out at the Ryman, but it's anybody's guess as to how early you'll have to get there to beat the line that will inevitably form. And it's gonna be about a million degrees. Edit to add, after rereading your post: Tickets are not sold at Ryman.com. Your options are Ticketmaster.com, calling the TM 800 number or standing in line.

(Where are people getting this info on shows for 12-y.o.? Personally, I'm all for it and will buy tix like a shot if it means I don't have to deal with sloppy drunks who are there to "party" and yell to their friends rather than to hear music, which seems to be an ever-increasing portion of the gig-attending public these days, regrettably.)

Just some 2 cents: You never know who's on the Internet. Mr. Chatroom could be a preteen himself who's online all the time because Mommy won't give him the keys to her car. What would be the point of controlling who got which tix? Tix free up one by one in presales b/c people put them in their cart and then have problems with their browsers, credit cards, etc. I should know, it's happened to me (lost 2nd row for Paul McCartney one time due to a browser cookie snafu. Now I run multiple browsers...)

Edited by Divemistress of the Dark, 03 August 2011 - 10:54 PM.

#58 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:43 AM

you should be able to capture the whole thing and see which moderator.

I said "what moderator?", not "which moderator?", because as Kali said above, they don't have moderators. You may have run into some poster who was throwing his weight around, but that doesn't make him a moderator, let alone the guy who decides who gets tickets.

#59 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,779 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:16 AM

(Where are people getting this info on shows for 12-y.o.? Personally, I'm all for it and will buy tix like a shot if it means I don't have to deal with sloppy drunks who are there to "party" and yell to their friends rather than to hear music, which seems to be an ever-increasing portion of the gig-attending public these days, regrettably.)

I would assume Preacher saw something about the all ages shows that've taken place at TMR and extrapolated from there that Jack is trying to rip off 12 year olds. Because, y'know, he's not as noble as Annie Lennox.

#60 hannibal_lusty

hannibal_lusty

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:41 AM

Lets not kid ourselves though, the Vault chat has some real dicks on it. The only time I've ever enjoyed it was midnight AUS time when Kali was on.

Other than that your post is incorrect about a number of things as Kali pointed out, anyway I sympathise with you and wish you luck for the general sale.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users