106 replies to this topic

#21 Rosy

Rosy

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:19 PM

K, I've never purchased tics through the Vault before. I'm anxiously waiting for tomorrow but . . . where do I go on the site to purchase them? Thx.

#22 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,783 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

You'll buy them via Ticketmaster or the Ryman, but watch the Dispatches page for instructions-- http://modlife.com/t...manrecords/news There will probably be a special code to enter for the pre-sale.

Noon CST is 1:00pm east coast time, right? I'm normally fairly intelligent, but time changes tend to turn me into a blithering idiot.

#23 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:54 PM

Noon CST is 1:00pm east coast time, right?

Right.

#24 Divemistress of the Dark

Divemistress of the Dark

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:58 PM

Re: sound at the Ryman: Balcony center is best (you're next to the soundboard). But of course, grab rows B, C, D on the floor if you can!

#25 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,783 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:12 PM

Right.

Thanks. Now to make sure I'm home at 1:00pm...

#26 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:15 PM

Oh, if only that show wasn't on a school day . . . No way I could get to Nashville in time. :(

#27 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,783 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

Whether I go or not will depend entirely on what the airline charges me to change my ticket to Michigan.

#28 Divemistress of the Dark

Divemistress of the Dark

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:51 PM

Anybody got 411 on the presale tomorrow? It's still saying "check back for presale info"... Hmmm. No presale time listed on TM...so fingers crossed they'll use Artist Arena or a similar scalper-busting outfit.

Oh, and - Ryman does its tix sales exclusively through TM unless you go down to the box office. So no worries on finding which website etc.

ETA: From Rumors, just now...

RYMAN PRE-SALE INFO posted by Ben S at 14:56PM

Tomorrow at 12 noon CT we will post the link and password for pre-sales in a members only posting in the Raconteurs section on the Vault. Tickets will be limited to 2 per person as ticket amounts are limited. We ask that you as paying members of the Vault do not share this password info with anyone as it will only lessen other paying members chances of buying tickets.

SO... see you here tomorrow Wed the 3rd at 12 noon CT for the Pre-Sale info.

Just hoping the presale seats are decent...To reiterate: Section 1 comes up a lot in presales for some reason and you do NOT want seats 1 through 5 unless you're in the first five rows. 6 through 10 are OK. Same for section 9 upstairs.

Edited by Divemistress of the Dark, 02 August 2011 - 08:09 PM.

#29 Dillinger1934

Dillinger1934

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,406 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:59 PM

Fully seated? Fuck that. Sitting through a gig is probably the most depressing experience in the world.

#30 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:21 PM

from what i heard there was very little seating for last nights show at the ryman

#31 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:49 PM

Fully seated? Fuck that. Sitting through a gig is probably the most depressing experience in the world.

It just means you have an assigned place to be, you can stand the entire show. Most people just stand for the main act.

#32 Divemistress of the Dark

Divemistress of the Dark

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:09 AM

Actually, assigned seating kinda rocks for those of us under 5'6", especially if you can nab an aisle seat. You know you're gonna get to see, unlike the GA shows where a 6'5" guy shoves in front of you at the last minute. Despite your having gotten there hours early to get a good spot.

Who, me, bitter? ;)

#33 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:15 AM

Actually, assigned seating kinda rocks for those of us under 5'6", especially if you can nab an aisle seat. You know you're gonna get to see, unlike the GA shows where a 6'5" guy shoves in front of you at the last minute. Despite your having gotten there hours early to get a good spot.

Who, me, bitter? ;)

+1

#34 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:32 AM

I have to stop staring at the Vault Raconteurs page - still 90 minutes to go!

#35 Divemistress of the Dark

Divemistress of the Dark

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:07 PM

Screwed.

Went to get the presale code and the Vault made me log in again. What the hell?! Why would I be able to access Vault pages at all if I didn't have an account...what's this business about a "premium account" that makes you log in again to see the post with the presale password?! By the time I got logged in and got to the correct page the tix were all gone. :(

Edit: I posted the above on the Vault and Swank said you actually can see Vault posts without being logged in, which I didn't know - having had an account for a while now that I always use when I visit the Vault... I mean, good to find this out, just wish I'd known it yesterday, you know? Oh well.

did anybody else get anything good? The tix were sold out by 12:05....I did see two in row G of the balcony, but frankly you're gonna do better than that in the general sale Friday if you get in on time.

Also, you had to have a TicketsToday account, and it wouldn't take my login I use at that site for Bonnaroo...just...yeck. I know this foils scalpers, but if it's going to be a four or five step process where it won't take your logins, makes you re-sign in, then shuts you out, I'd almost prefer Ticketbastard.

Edited by Divemistress of the Dark, 03 August 2011 - 01:13 PM.

#36 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,783 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:12 PM

All that came up for me was balcony, so that combined with the fees to change my flight to Michigan brought me to my senses and I passed on the whole deal. Saw that a couple of folks in the Vault apparently got decent seats, though-- One guy got section 3 and another got front row.

#37 phriendlyone

phriendlyone

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

where did the link come up?

#38 phriendlyone

phriendlyone

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:32 PM

Found the link. Bummer! The ThirdMan part of The Vault said it would have the ticket persale info on there. Never happened.
Oh well. I hate saying this but hopefully TM works out better.

#39 Divemistress of the Dark

Divemistress of the Dark

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:45 PM

It will. I mean, you'll need to be online right at 12 on Friday, but you'll get something. Just make sure you're not in the sections up against the walls or back of the floor. ;)

#40 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:23 PM

i got pretty good seats in Section 1 (row J) - this was after trying for 25 minutes, so I am really happy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users