106 replies to this topic

#1 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,690 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:31 AM

Oh. My. Goodness. They need to stop teasing with these individual date announcements and just lay out an entire tour schedule, for crying out loud.

http://www.ryman.com...raconteurs.html

#2 Lux84

Lux84

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:30 PM

Yeah, these gigs news are always welcome, but a full tour annoucement would be so nice... I like to see that they are playing in other places appart from festivals.

#3 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:39 PM

i just dont believe that the situation stacks up like a tour and i respect that they are giving us any shows at all.

maybe the whole point is to respect the union of the musicians but allow them their respective group deadlines and obligations

#4 dreamover

dreamover

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 485 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:19 PM

so much for ONE live date this year.

#5 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:14 PM

each band member should get to choose one date/location for their own interest.. that would make it sensible but not sizable

#6 jimd_md

jimd_md

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:39 PM

From TMR News. Presale for Vault members on Wednesday:

The Raconteurs have added a headline show in their hometown of Nashville, TN at the historic Ryman Auditorium on September 15th. Pre-sale tickets will be available exclusively to Vault members starting at noon CST on Wednesday, August 3rd and there is a 2 ticket limit. Not a member of the Vault, join HERE.
Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Friday, August 5th at noon CST at Ryman.com as well as their box office, Ticketmaster.com and all Ticketmaster locations and by calling 1-800-745-3000.

#7 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,690 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

If I'd known about this earlier, I might've done this show instead of the MI Fest. Wonder how much it'd cost to change my flight to Michigan to include a stop in Nashville the day before... Already gone crazy, might as well go broke, too :rolleyes:

#8 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:25 PM

I think I'd definitely have done this instead--however, can't do both, especially as this one is on a Thursday. :( Looking on the bright side, everybody at this show will be there for the Racs, so it'll be even harder to get down front.

#9 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,690 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:26 PM

I thought the Ryman was seated. Or are you being faseatious?

#10 Lux White

Lux White

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:47 PM

Maybe a new album announcement is coming soon? :blink:

#11 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

I thought the Ryman was seated. Or are you being faseatious?

It is, but the principle still applies.

Edit: Damn, I want to go to this show. Can't think of a way to do it, though. :unsure:

Edited by Aquamarine, 01 August 2011 - 04:52 PM.

#12 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:05 PM

Yeah - it would be nice but so far none of these shows seem to be working for me...

I do wish they would announce the whole shebang as it were...after all, why would they do 2 shows in September, 1 in October and 1 in November?

Seems like they could fit it a few more shows in that time span...

#13 Nutteronabus

Nutteronabus

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:27 PM

I do wish they would announce the whole shebang as it were...after all, why would they do 2 shows in September, 1 in October and 1 in November?

Well, it seems the Rolling Record Store's broken. Maybe they have to carry all the gear on foot?

#14 William III

William III

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:42 PM

I don't live too far away from Nashville so I could possibly get to this show without too much hassle and difficulty but I have a feeling I would have to break my back trying to get tickets to it. A question for anyone who has seen The Raconteurs before, how fast do tickets for them seem to go or really any Jack White related project, I feel like you have to jump on quick for them...

#15 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:01 PM

There's a pre-sale on the Vault starting noon CST Wednesday--I'd say grab 'em ASAP.

#16 genrader

genrader

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:17 PM

I really, really want to go to this show but I don't think I can afford tickets or the trip right now--bout of unemployment has hit for a few weeks and the timing here is impeccable!

#17 Divemistress of the Dark

Divemistress of the Dark

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:02 AM

Ryman seating chart: http://ryman.com/eve...eatingChart.pdf

Not many bad seats in the house, unless you're up against the walls in 1 & 8 on the floor or 9 & 16 in the balcony (there's an extreme angle and you won't be able to see the entire band or the backdrop, plus the sound will be muddy. You're fine if you're on the aisle side of those sections.) Beware, because very often Sections 1 and 8 show up in presales. Better to be in the balcony than back further on the floor (tho we were in M last night for Dylan and it was fine, come to think....)

Be aware there are two rows of folding chairs down front labeled AA and BB - these are usually reserved for guest list. Front row is actually row B, unless you're in Section 1, where it's C. Good luck, presalers!

#18 genrader

genrader

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:12 AM

I remember last time I saw them at the Ryman, the sound was not too good if you were on the ground level under the balcony.

#19 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:26 PM

I give in - I'm going to Nashville - the hubby will join me this time!

I booked the flights and a hotel so I had better get those pre-sale tickets tomorrow!

#20 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

I give in - I'm going to Nashville - the hubby will join me this time!

I booked the flights and a hotel so I had better get those pre-sale tickets tomorrow!

I bet you will, and if not, you should be able to snag some good seats when they are on sale Friday to the public. I really wish I could go to this show, but Nashville is 6 hours and the MI Fest is 3 hours. So I'll settle for Michigan for now. I plan on seeing them at least another time (assuming they tour!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users