91 replies to this topic

#41 Newo13

Newo13

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:57 PM

People CAMP up front? I'm starting to have second thoughts about this one . . .

They don't actually camp. Some people just get to the spot where they want to see their favorite band a few hours before they play so they can get closer to the front. I got to the very front for Coheed and Cambria one year and I got there only 1 band before them so it's not too bad.

#42 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

Oh, OK, so like any other festival. When I hear "camp up front" I think of people actually having tents etc. right in front of the stage. I would imagine there would be many more people trying to get to the front for the Racs--as there will be the VIP section in front anyway, like Jazz Fest, I know I can't get right to the very front, but if I'm not at least reasonably close I cant see anything at all, and then if there's tents in the way . . ;)

#43 Ak1nney

Ak1nney

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:43 PM

They don't actually camp. Some people just get to the spot where they want to see their favorite band a few hours before they play so they can get closer to the front. I got to the very front for Coheed and Cambria one year and I got there only 1 band before them so it's not too bad.

You've given me hope for showing up 2 hours before The Raconteurs on Saturday.

#44 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:13 PM

Though, again, there will be many more people trying to get to the front for the Racs, I'm guessing. Still, I think Saturday's show is a total crapshoot in that sense. Makes it interesting, anyway! :D

Edited by Aquamarine, 14 September 2011 - 05:15 PM.

#45 Divemistress of the Dark

Divemistress of the Dark

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:31 AM

I'm bummed this is the same weekend as Moogfest.....

Looking forward to hearing the reports!!

#46 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:37 AM

The Sunday schedule--
http://lineup.thevoo...nts/2011/10/30/

So what are TV on the Radio like, given that I'll be spending their set trying to get a Racs spot, and are they better than Sheryl Crow? (They must be, surely . . .?)

I've been wondering if the RRS is going to be there--haven't seen anything about it.

#47 Sister_Midnight

Sister_Midnight

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:30 AM

So what are TV on the Radio like, given that I'll be spending their set trying to get a Racs spot, and are they better than Sheryl Crow? (They must be, surely . . .?)

Don't you worry!

http://youtu.be/SlHrCg67axw
(How does one embed a video?)

Edited by Sister_Midnight, 14 October 2011 - 02:31 AM.

#48 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:36 PM

Oh wow, that was great! :) Thanks for the link. Looking forward to this even more now. :wub:

#49 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:56 PM

Yay O yay O yay!

The Rolling Record Store is headed to Voodoo Experience Festival in New Orleans along with the Raconteurs!

We’ll be there for the duration of the festival, October 28 – 30th and we’ll be bringing along lots of limited edition goodies. We’ll have different items available every day... But exactly what and when, you’ll have to come to the festival to find out. Just check the specials board on the side of the truck every day.

We’ll open every day at 12 noon. And, as always the best place for Rolling Record Store info is from the RRS twitter. Follow us for all the updates during the festival: twitter.com/#!/ThirdManRRS.

Hope you all can join us in the good city of New Orleans...

Rolling Record Store at New Orleans Voodoo Fest

Please have some good stuff on the Sunday!!

#50 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

^^ I should have thanked Trickster for that info, which has yet to arrive in my Twitter feed.

Edited by Aquamarine, 19 October 2011 - 04:51 PM.

#51 Newo13

Newo13

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:19 PM

Yes that is so awesome! I was really hoping that they would go. I wonder what I'll end up buying or better (worse) yet how much money I'll end up spending....

#52 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,187 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:16 AM

I saw TV on the Radio at The Beachland in Cleveland. The sound there is not so good, so the show was a bit disappointing, but I think that you will love them Helen. And it looks like VooDoo is turning out to be an event. Wish I were there. I absolutely love New Orleans. Go to Cafe DuMonde :wub: and have beignet for me, will you?

#53 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,786 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:45 AM

And go to Acme and have oysters for me! Oh, and a muffaletta from Central Grocery!!

Hopefully you'll have time for the festival in midst of all this eating... ;)

#54 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,187 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:12 AM

Oh and don't forget to have a hurricane at O'Briens :wub: on Bourbon Street.

If I were there, we'd miss the show :lol: !!

#55 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:02 PM

OK, I'll try to do all that, but I have to save some room for the alligator burgers at the fest. :D (I've only eaten alligator once before, and it tasted like--yes, chicken.)

#56 Divemistress of the Dark

Divemistress of the Dark

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:37 PM

Wow. TVOTR are also playing Moog...they're gonna have a busy weekend. (Was initially bummed to learn they'd been slotted opposite Suicide, but I think that's been rescheduled.)

#57 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,786 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:09 PM

(I've only eaten alligator once before, and it tasted like--yes, chicken.)

Alligator struck me as kind of a cross between chicken and catfish. Either way, enjoy :)

#58 Newo13

Newo13

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:09 PM

I went to buy my tickets and the service charges and tax is crazy! Does anyone know where I could get a promo code or anything?!

#59 Aquamarine

Aquamarine

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,795 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:54 PM

In a word--no. :( Also, I just checked what they were charging, and it seems to have gone up, in that it's now $70 for a one-day Sunday ticket--$85 with tax, etc. Mine was $55 (which I assume was before tax).

#60 jimd_md

jimd_md

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:57 PM

TMR Twitter:

The moment you've all been waiting for! Our exclusive records for sale tomorrow are: BLACK BELLES TRICOLOR! WHITE DENIM B/B! ROME DOUBLE LP!

Edited by jimd_md, 27 October 2011 - 07:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users