• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

http://mi-fest.com/p...ase-070611.html

7/06/2011 - Press Release

The Raconteurs and Grammy Award-Winning Singer-Songwriter Sheryl Crow
set to headline MI Fest, Michigan's new music + camping festival

Farmington Hills, Michigan (July 5, 2011) — Iconic band The Raconteurs, featuring Detroit natives Jack White and Brendan Benson, along with singer-songwriter Sheryl Crow will headline the first-annual MI Fest (mi · fest \ mī – fest \ noun : an outdoor music festival featuring the best of Michigan’s food, industry, art and music) on September 17, 2011.

The Raconteurs (White and Benson, along with bandmates Jack Lawrence and Patrick Keeler) will be joined by several artists from the Third Man Records’ roster who will be performing. In addition, the Third Man Rolling Record Store will be on-site and integrated into MI Fest.

Other artists set to appear on MI Fest’s two stages include Alto Reed’s AllStars, Bear Lake, Hot Club of Detroit, Jill Jack, Mark Farner (formerly of Grand Funk Railroad), Marnée, Mitch Ryder, The Howling Diablos, The Juliets, The Rockets, The Romantics, Ty Stone & The Truth, Whitey Morgan & The 78s. Additional artists to be announced.

Tickets for the first annual festival, to be held on the lush grounds of Michigan International Speedway (12626 US Highway 12) in Brooklyn, Michigan, will be available at an Early Bird price of $59 until July 8. The general sale begins on July 9 with tickets priced at $79 (no hidden convenience fees). Re-entry will be allowed. Children 12 and under are free accompanied by a ticketed adult. To get tickets, call 800-354-1010 or go to www.mispeedway.com.

For festival-goers wanting a red carpet experience, VIP tickets ($99 Early Bird-$109 General Sale) will provide shelter, special parking, entrance and concessions, and a chance to mingle with MI Fest performers.

Premier camping facilities at MI Fest cost $35 for rustic sites and $50 for electric sites for the entire weekend; RV rental is also available. Camp grounds open on Friday, September 16 at 4 p.m. and festival goers will not need their cars once parked, as there is a continuous shuttle to the festival just across the street. Camp grounds close on Sunday, September 18 at noon.

Gates to MI Fest will open at noon on Saturday, September 17 with the first show starting at 1 p.m. and last show wrapping up at 11 p.m. The ticket office will be open from 11a.m.

More than a music fest, MI Fest is a true multisensory experience. Delicious food will be provided by many Michigan restaurants and companies, including American Coney Island, Jacques’ Tacos, Chicken Man, Dago Joe’s and Kona Shaved Ice. Badass Beer will be there to wash it all down.

The Walker Tavern Farmers Market will be on-site, along with festival memorabilia and an outdoor marketplace featuring local artisans, transforming this one-day music festival into a weekend-long excursion. Detroit’s beloved rock magazine Creem, currently being relaunched, will be selling T-shirts and other merchandise.

In addition, there will be a MI Fest Art Gallery, where artists including Mark Arminski, Gary Grimshaw, Carl Lungren, Sue Rynski, Leni Sinclair, Tom Weshler, Stanley Mouse and Johnny Bee Badanjek – many of whom have played extensive roles in the poster and photo art of Michigan’s music scene – will display their work.

George Gikas, president of TGIF Entertainment Group, which is organizing the festival for the newly formed MI Fest, LLC, said: “We are so excited to be bringing this one-of-a-kind music and camping event to Michigan. This is the inaugural event of a festival that will become an essential weekend for all music-lovers in Michigan and further afield.”

TGIF Entertainment Group is a private independent entertainment company based in Farmington Hills, Michigan. TGIF builds dynamic relationships to create, develop, book, promote, produce, and co-brand concerts and events that encompass an energetic TGIF feeling. For serious artists, TGIF offers disciplined developmental strategies to create a plan for achieving their career goals. TGIF has produced some of the areas best events, including Alto Reed's AllStar Thanksgiving Celebration and is a recipient of the "Spirit of Detroit" award. For information, visit www.tgifeg.com.

Located in Brooklyn, Michigan, about 70 miles west of Detroit, the 1,400-acre Michigan International Speedway is a storied and historical facility best known for its NASCAR racing. The speedway annually hosts some of the country’s best, most competitive stock-car auto racing, the Great Lakes Wine and Beer Festival, the Spirit of America blood drive, the country’s largest 9-11 blood drive, the Michigan State High School Athletic Association’s state cross country finals, car shows, driving schools, summertime camping and more. Click or call www.MISpeedway.com or 800-354-1010 for information.

#2 CHEEKY

CHEEKY

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:55 AM

Holy Gold and Black Batman !!!
B)

#3 eckythump

eckythump

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:56 AM

Planning on going! :D

#4 Action Boy!

Action Boy!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:01 AM

like i said in the other thread: i would so very much love to go to this. i'd love to see the band again. but they're the only reason why i'd be going to this festival, nothing else about it interests me, and i cant spend $60 on that. i wish there was another really great band playing to justify it. this will be the first jack white event in michigan that i've missed in i dont know how long, which is a bummer.

anyone else who gets to make it, have an awesome time!

#5 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,780 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:06 AM

Somebody please tell me to wait until at least the end of today before jumping the gun and blowing a wad.

#6 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:09 AM

My wife just called - "Hey, I bought you guys tickets to this thing..." Apparently I'm bringing my children to this huge music festival. She saw Jack White on the front of the newspaper when she was at a gas station.
(copied from the other thread)

#7 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:09 AM

^ Tam - I am thinking about it seriously. But it's that or Nashville for Halloween - so I mull it over before spending any money!

The $59 tickets are on sale until Saturday (but hoping they will extend that).

#8 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,780 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

My wife just called - "Hey, I bought you guys tickets to this thing..." Apparently I'm bringing my children to this huge music festival. She saw Jack White on the front of the newspaper when she was at a gas station.

If you don't want to go, could I have an affair with your wife that weekend?

jeejet, I'd have to figure out what this would cost and cut that many days out of my October trip. Seeing the Racs would be worth putting off (again) some of the stuff I've been wanting to do in Tennessee.

Edited by Kali Durga, 06 July 2011 - 11:13 AM.

#9 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

LOL - ok?

Wait, which weekend?

#10 Action Boy!

Action Boy!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:16 AM

Somebody please tell me to wait until at least the end of today before jumping the gun and blowing a wad.

DO NOT WAIT BUY THEM NOW!!!!! this is JACK WHITE, man! THEE jack white! when is the next time you're gonna get to see him play guitar?! when was the last time you got to see him play guitar, for that matter?! this is your chance and opportunity to be right up front to be baptized by his electric sweat! ticket prices are jsut gonna go up in a few days anyways, and you know that you're gonna buy them, so mind as well just buy them RIGHT NOW at this cheaper lower price! oh shit, what if they SELL OUT SOON?! then theres no chance of you going unless you spend a small fortune for tickets on ebay. oh man oh man, just thinking of all the things that could go wrong if you dont buy them now, but dreaming of all the good things that will go right if you do buy them now. DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

:lol:

#11 Lombo

Lombo

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:22 AM

OH YEAH

#12 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,780 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:25 AM

If you're gonna mock me for getting over-excited, at least clean up your typos.

#13 Lily

Lily

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:28 AM

DO NOT WAIT BUY THEM NOW!!!!! this is JACK WHITE, man! THEE jack white! when is the next time you're gonna get to see him play guitar?! when was the last time you got to see him play guitar, for that matter?! this is your chance and opportunity to be right up front to be baptized by his electric sweat! ticket prices are jsut gonna go up in a few days anyways, and you know that you're gonna buy them, so mind as well just buy them RIGHT NOW at this cheaper lower price! oh shit, what if they SELL OUT SOON?! then theres no chance of you going unless you spend a small fortune for tickets on ebay. oh man oh man, just thinking of all the things that could go wrong if you dont buy them now, but dreaming of all the good things that will go right if you do buy them now. DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

IT'S LIKE YOU'RE INSIDE MY BRAIN. :wacko:

#14 mittensonfire

mittensonfire

Little Room Lunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,393 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:31 AM

Who has time for grammar when there are tickets to buy Buy BUY.

#15 Kali Durga

Kali Durga

The White Stripes

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,780 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:37 AM

Who has time for grammar when there are tickets to buy Buy BUY.

Who needs to buy tickets? I'm just gonna sleep with your wife that weekend. But there are other things to blow a wad on, like my plane tickets, and dinner and flowers. I'd plan to show her a good time in exchange for my ticket, after all.

#16 ToyMachine228

ToyMachine228

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:45 AM

Like I said in the other thread I'm really interested to see if this is a catalyst for more shows, a new album, etc. That will be the most interesting part for me as I probably won't be able to make it out to Michigan for this particular show.

Also, interested to see what other TMR acts are playing.

#17 Action Boy!

Action Boy!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:46 AM

im not MOCKING you....im MOTIVATING you! and typo's be damned, its the interwebs.

#18 roxxan23

roxxan23

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,865 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:47 PM

(copied from the other thread)

Awesome.

I keep thinking in my head that I should go to this. But no. At least this means more Rac shows. Let them come to me....Crap, their tickets always get so expensive and they are going to play like 80 shows in NYC and I'm going to want to go to all of them and I need to save for some things instead of buying concert tickets. Booo! Okay, just getting ahead of myself here. But serious guys, JACK ON GUITAR AND SINGING MORE OFTEN THAN NOT AGAIN.

#19 LafayetteBluesMan2

LafayetteBluesMan2

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:40 PM

Dammit, I reeellly reeeeeelllly reeeeeeeeeeeelllllly want to go.... But I still owe my parents 50 bucks for an Arctic Monkeys show.... Maybe I can rob a bank....

#20 thee radical eclectic

thee radical eclectic

White Blood Cells

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:52 PM

its yardsale bonanza time ladies and gents...

step right up and enter the competition to see who has the best yardsale collection of proceeds for the MI Fest!!!

our non-profit is out every saturday killin it just to clear old stock and say good riddins to unneeded cluter

we raised $35 dollars last week and $70 the week before... anyone wanna take that challenge and double it this weekend?

the race is on even if our 'Community Center' will not be sending its proceeds to forward to benefit concert goers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users