192 replies to this topic

#41 Kyra

Kyra

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:35 AM

Great performance. Horrible crowd. I'm covered in other people's beer and water and God knows what else. This show isn't in my top 5 all time concerts because the crowd was so annoying. I'm glad that one dude who kept crowd surfing fell on his stupid face a couple times. You could so tell Brendan didn't like it at all. Jack's blue vein tonight was incredible. I loved the delta blues lyrics first.

again..Great performance, horrible crowd.

I agree... crowd completely ruined my experience. We paid big $$ for tickets and flew to TO from Wpg to see the concert. Half way through the second song I had to get the hell outta the front, the crowd was killing me. Sucks that these so called "fans" have to ruin it for everyone else. I'll never go to Toronto again for another show. On the bright side the Rac's rocked.. but what else is new.

#42 7th_son

7th_son

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:53 AM

Kim - Amazing story, wow! I knew when I saw the copper pendants they must have been yours... Jack's was very noticeable the whole show.

By the sounds of it we were lucky to be in front of Little Jack and not smack dab in the centre where all the pushing, elbowing and and drunken debauchery was taking place. We had an amazing view on the rail there, and I don't think I was pushed once... Sorry to hear about you Little Roomers in the centre getting beat around so much.

The scary drunken guy everyone is talking about wasn't allowed into the concert... I guess that's what falling on your head (literally - I just saw the end of that, and it looked like the guy was trying to do either a summersault or a headstand) and peeing your pants in line will do... anyway, he was so drunk by 4:30pm ish that security hauled him out of line and made him stand across the street. But he wouldn't leave, and kept slowly walking back to the line, and at one point when he walked back to the line his pants were soaked. Security called the cops and he was arrested in front of everyone waiting in line. Oh yeah, I think he said he's 37 in the pre-show thread, I think that adds to the story somewhat :lol: . If you're reading this, sorry to do this to you man...

Posted Image

#43 Amber_|||

Amber_|||

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:03 AM

.. he took my picture too
creeeeepy

and does anyone know what his screen name is? i can't find his posts anywhere...

Attached Files

Edited by Amber_|||, 06 June 2008 - 08:07 AM.

#44 7th_son

7th_son

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:15 AM

.. he took my picture too
creeeeepy

and does anyone know what his screen name is? i can't find his posts anywhere...

I think it was this guy... Binden?
clicky

#45 Amber_|||

Amber_|||

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:21 AM

weird
i got really confused, i thought that was another one of Kim's screen names because he also wrote this:
I will be there early too. I'm hoping to head to the city first thing in the morning, pick up my hotel room key, and some portable food stuffs. Probably get there around the same time as you as well. I'm bringing books, paper to write letters , and hope to meet LR's. I'll be the short one with auburn hair wearing the Alice necklace. I'll also hold a spot or two for later arriving LR's, especially if they are willing to hold it for me for bathroom breaks! The biggest worry for me about going alone now has been, "but what if I have to pee?" lol.

I'm with you there about there pee thing and also being alone. Hope to meet you all tomorrow!

Binden

which is essentially what she (selke) wrote earlier
dude was effed up

edit: nevermind. i get it now. he was quoting her. fuck.. i hate being blonde

Edited by Amber_|||, 06 June 2008 - 08:22 AM.

#46 Marcel

Marcel

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:30 AM

i concur on the crowd...the quality of the fans is not keeping up to the quality of the music. didn't have some of the troubles you guys had...but some.

here's an mp3 of carolina drama from last night...available for a short while. torrent will follow today or tomorrow or sunday (got two Leonard shows first)

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/899mv2

#47 mrthompson

mrthompson

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,653 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:33 AM

I arrived part way through the Sadies' set. I bought a poster and t-shirt, and checked them at the coat check. My friend and I decided to stay at the back as I am not very tall (5' 6") and I hate being confined within a crowd. I could see the stage okay at times, but from time to time some giant would park himself in front thus blocking my view. The acoustics weren't the best, but they weren't the worst I've experienced either. I, too, have a bigger appreciation for the band now - especially Brendan and Patrick.

It confounds me why people feel the need to drink excessively and act like assholes at concerts. You're correct - the douchebag crew was out in full force. And I saw a surprising number of creepy looking old dudes.

That's awesome, selke. I saw Brendan's motorcycle in the trailer....that's my 'not so close enounter'.

C.F.K., where you wearing a ball cap and plaid shirt? I could swear that I saw you, but I'm likely 100% wrong.

I think I saw Gavin Crawford from 'This Hour Has 22 Minutes' in the crowd before The Racs hit the stage.

Fack, I'm tired. My friend and I met some very heavy rain on the way home. I arrived home around 1 am.

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,061 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:37 AM

i concur on the crowd...the quality of the fans is not keeping up to the quality of the music. didn't have some of the troubles you guys had...but some.

here's an mp3 of carolina drama from last night...available for a short while. torrent will follow today or tomorrow or sunday (got two Leonard shows first)

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/899mv2

thank you very much :)

#49 harvestgirl

harvestgirl

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:40 AM

Great story Kimberley :)

agreed! so happy for you ~ your pendants are so lovely.

#50 harvestgirl

harvestgirl

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:45 AM

edited b/c adam beat me to it... LOL ~

Edited by harvestgirl, 06 June 2008 - 08:45 AM.

#51 Rag & Bone

Rag & Bone

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:48 AM

Ok, I'm glad you're all saying there were more douchebags there than normal.
Was anyone here at the left hand near the front? That old guy who kept letting people infront of us GAH.
This girl got crushed for most of the show because of it, she had scratches all over her back from people being so rough!
Eventually we all made a human wall :P

And did Brendan's and Jack's voice sound really high? Or was that just me?

Edited by Rag & Bone, 06 June 2008 - 08:51 AM.

#52 Amber_|||

Amber_|||

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:49 AM

I saw Brendan's motorcycle in the trailer....that's my 'not so close enounter'.

I've got a picture of him on his bike in my facebook pics :)
and we totally made about 15 seconds of eye contact as he was riding out..

#53 whitestripesman

whitestripesman

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:53 AM

does anyone have a link to the thread about the pendents made?

#54 harvestgirl

harvestgirl

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:59 AM

does anyone have a link to the thread about the pendents made?

http://littleroom.wh...p...870&st=1980

#55 Mike53421

Mike53421

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:04 AM

Alright at work currently, can't hear a thing and for some reason don't have much of a voice either which... doesn't make sense, but maybe it was telling the idiots to "f--- off" so much.

Regardless, the band was great, the crowd was a little ridiculous.

I'll probably do a bitchfest when I get a minute, but the three morons between Jack and Little Jack; one had a white shirt, black baseball hat... the other had a blue striped shirt ("JACCCCCCCCCK WHITE!!!!!! SEVEN NATION ARRRRRRRRRMY!!!")... and their buddy in green who apparently wasn't pushing, but I'm quite certain during Salute Your Solution we were shoving eachother.

Again, great performance, The Sadies surprised the hell outta me, and I tried not to let the crowd bother me too much. It wasn't so much the physical aspect but... the stupid comments coming from these morons.

Amber, sorry about the elbows, didn't realize I was doing it. :( Suppose the whole rail thing comes with the territory for us, I kinda wish those idiots were squished against the rails but I preferred being closer. :) Gotta check out your pics, probably at lunch time.

Best comment of the night from moron... A (the one with the white shirt, black hat):

"99% of this crowd wouldn't survive at a Slipknot show!"

...and why the hell would we want to be there in the first place.

Moshing during You Don't Understand Me? Methinks I need to check them out in another town and take a weekend vay-cay.

#56 Marcel

Marcel

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:22 AM

the song in front of Blue Veins was Hank Williams' Ramblin' Man
http://www.metrolyri...k-williams.html

#57 C.F.K.

C.F.K.

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,105 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:23 AM

i will do my best with photoshop and whatnot.
any specific ones you want enhanced?

It's Kim that probably wants a few of the pics. I wasn't sure if FaceBook re-sized them, so maybe the originals are higher resolution. I looked through them, and there were some good ones. Nice job!

Also, that's hilarious about the drunk guy who peed himself and got arrested. Especially the few posts he made leading up to the day :lol:

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forget to add that in before.. I remember hearing a few verses of what I thought was Ramblin Man. But he didn't do the actual Ramblin, Ramblin Man verse so I wasn't 100% sure.

Edited by C.F.K., 06 June 2008 - 09:24 AM.

#58 wewil

wewil

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:26 AM

the song in front of Blue Veins was Hank Williams' Ramblin' Man
http://www.metrolyri...k-williams.html

upload please?!

#59 C.F.K.

C.F.K.

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,105 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:28 AM

C.F.K., where you wearing a ball cap and plaid shirt? I could swear that I saw you, but I'm likely 100% wrong.

Nope. No hat, and white shirt. I hope I wasn't the giant that parked himself in front of you :ph34r: I get mistaken for Jesus quite a bit. Except my hair is sexier.

#60 bbug

bbug

The White Stripes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,522 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:32 AM

OH MY! Kim that is so awesome that they wore your necklaces! I hope they have them on in Cincy and Nashville! I don't want to have to deal with an insane crowd though :( I'm sorry it was so bad for you guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users