192 replies to this topic

#21 7th_son

7th_son

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:56 AM

Unless I was distracted by douchebags at the time, I'm pretty sure that they didn't play These Stones Will Shout. I think It went You Don't Understand Me -> Intimate Secretary or something else in between. I wish they did play These Stones Will Shout!

my bad, you're right!
whoops.
fixed the list.

#22 C.F.K.

C.F.K.

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,105 posts

Yeah I saw that Jack had on something that looked like one of the stamp necklaces Kimberly made... were those actually the same ones?! I thought about it and said "nahhhh what are the chances?"

#23 Amber_|||

Amber_|||

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

oh yes he did. i was right there! awww yeeeeah!! oh thanks for the pics ambies. you rock! not as much as jack tho.

it was amazing except of course for the douche war we had to fight for about a third of the show

my shoulder is killing me from that! i think mike was digging his elbow into my shoulder, not on purpose of course...and poor mike, getting shoved back!!

one guy had his hand on my boob for most of the show. quite awkward :blink:

#24 7th_son

7th_son

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:04 AM

I was also really impressed with Patrick Keeler's drumming...he is one talented guy.... and Brenden's voice (better live?)

#25 CaseOfThePunks

CaseOfThePunks

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,042 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:07 AM

I must hear from selke! I saw her looking in here earlier but she went away.

#26 7th_son

7th_son

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:07 AM

and people, what was the story with the drunk guy? I saw him being arrested.

#27 forgotaboutsteve

forgotaboutsteve

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:30 AM

Great performance. Horrible crowd. I'm covered in other people's beer and water and God knows what else. This show isn't in my top 5 all time concerts because the crowd was so annoying. I'm glad that one dude who kept crowd surfing fell on his stupid face a couple times. You could so tell Brendan didn't like it at all. Jack's blue vein tonight was incredible. I loved the delta blues lyrics first.

again..Great performance, horrible crowd.

the crowds need to learn to pass people backwards instead of forwards, then it kinda defeats the purpose of crowd surfing in the first place. another thing we did back in the day was steal the offender's shoes and toss them away.

#28 selke

selke

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:32 AM

That was the night of my life! Holy Smokes! I don't even know how to put it into words...It is really late, but I can't sleep.

I got there really early - like 11-11:30am - WhiteStripes03 was there already, which was cool. He was a really sweet guy, and I was glad to have his company. I had brought my stamp pendants with me (see art thread) in hopes of being able to give them to a roadie or something to give to the band. The tour buses were in the parking lot right in front of us, so we got to see the guys walking around to and from the buses to the venue. At one point Patrick walked out, and I caught his attention and motioned for him to come and see me, and then something strange happened...he actually did! I gave him the pendants and talked with him for a while about the album art. He is the absolute sweetest guy - and totally made my whole night - I cannot thank him enough for all he did.

He had to go after a bit, as the other band members had piled into a van while we were talking. But when they came back, he caught my eye and waved at me and showed me that he was wearing my necklace. So sweet - (and I would be totally remiss if I did not mention how incredibly charming he is in person...)The rest of the band got out of the van and Jack and Brendan were also wearing the necklaces. I was over the moon, :).

They wore them onstage the entire concert! Patrick waved at me, from stage, a couple of times, and pointed out that he was wearing my necklace. Honestly the sweetest guy, I can't believe he was so incredibly nice - (did I mention that he is insanely cute? )

I will try not to fangirl gush about Patrick too much more, but he is really the best...he made my entire trip.

The concert was great and not great at the same time. The Sadies were completely awesome - their set far exceeded expectations, and I was really glad to have gotten to see them. I didn't know of them before, but I will totally be picking up some of their stuff in the future.

I got on the rail, straight in front of Jack (more importantly in front of Patrick).

The Raconteurs were really tight. Jack's voice was giving him trouble - he mentioned that he wasn't supposed to be singing, but he sang anyways - and was great. I can't for the life of me remember the set list.

What I remember playing was(not necessarily in this order):
Consoler of the Lonely
Old Enough
Switch and the Spur
Keep It Clean
Attention
Hold Up
Together
Blue Veins
Intimate Secretary
Steady As She Goes

Encore:
Many Shades of Black
Salute Your Solution
Carolina Drama

The crowd was the biggest bunch of drunken jerks I have ever encountered in my life. Some jerk behind me kept calling out over and over again "Jack White!!!! Loook at MEEEE!!!White STRIPES!!!" which was insanely annoying. I have never been so smooshed in my life as I was against that rail, by some huge goons behind us. There were crowd surfers galore and several times I had to crouch down to avoid being hurt. When that wasn't happening, the crowd was moshing and would just surge forward until I couldn't breath, and I would have to brace my legs and arms against the rail to not be completely smooshed - all of which kind of distracted from the show. When they weren't flattening you from behind, they were pushing you from the side.Some girl beside me was bent on filming the whole show and kept reaching her camera past me and putting her elbow in my face.

Keep it Clean was absolutely incredible. So glad they played it - as was Salute Your Solution and Carolina Drama.

I think we ended up missing several songs due to the idiocy of the crowd. The band kept slowing down in between songs until the crowd calmed down. :(

Brendan's voice was awesome and it was great to see him play - slide guitar on Carolina Drama, and Top Yourself were highlights for me - I'm a big fan of his. I was completely impressed by his skill. He is BTW nowhere near as skinny in person as everybody makes him out to be. I got to see him ride by on his motorcycle before the show, as well as walking around, and got a couple of smiles which was nice.

Little Jack played an awesome set.

And Patrick was of course incredible. Somebody mentioned before that he is one of the most charismatic drummers on stage that they have ever seen - and yeah, ok, chatting with him earlier in the day certainly helped - but he has stage presence. I found myself watching him almost more than anybody- and that is said from someone who had Jack White right in front of her. I have never seen anybody drum the way that he does - incredible.

After the show I (and a few LR's I shared my passes with ) went to the bar part after everybody cleared out and waited. I saw Mark the keyboardist - but he was talking to a few guys and I didn't want to interrupt - and I wouldn't really know what to say either. But Patrick came in and I got to talk to him for a while. He thought I was a teenager, lol, either that or he was being very flattering - but I'll take it. He gave me a tshirt for my brother who couldn't end up making it to the show after all. He had a bad reaction to the dye from his CT scan and was really sick. :( I'm glad he didn't try to be a trooper - he was worried about letting me down - but that crowd would have taken him down in a heartbeat. Patrick also gave me (and the other LR's) a copper bracelet each - which was super nice.

We talked about jewelry making stuff for a bit (he went to art school, and used to make jewelry!), and he signed something for me and I got a picture of us together. He told us that he didn't think that the rest of the band would make it in to say hi, but that we could wait a bit if we wanted.

We waited for a few, but it was obvious we wouldn't be seeing any of the rest. When Patrick left, so did I. It was slightly disappointing not meeting the others - but then again, not really. The Raconteurs wore my pendants onstage! They already gave me the greatest gift ever by wearing those pendants, and a handshake and awkward hello could nowhere near compare to that. I totally wasn't expecting that, and it was so nice of them to wear them - and I am so thankful. And besides, it was so nice the time that Patrick took out to talk with me- who could ask for more than that!

So yeah - the absolute best night. I can't believe everything that happened....and thanks again to Patrick and the band!

#29 forgotaboutsteve

forgotaboutsteve

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:32 AM

The kid with the buttons on his hat I tried to elbow in the face because he was being a fag and I hit his hat he was so short.

he was being happy? oh wait, you mean "fag" in a derogatory manner. trash.

#30 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,283 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:43 AM

So yeah - the absolute best night. I can't believe everything that happened....and thanks again to Patrick and the band!

Great story Kimberley :)

#31 C.F.K.

C.F.K.

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,105 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:51 AM

That's great Kim! So happy for you! Now, how long will it take you to make 10,000 of the pendants? The band wants to sell them as merch on the rest of their tour :D

Edited by C.F.K., 06 June 2008 - 01:53 AM.

#32 selke

selke

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:54 AM

Ahhhh...the drunken scary dude. He is a LR'er apparently, newly joined. He fell over a smacked his head so hard on the sidewalk it went THWACK. Yikes. He kept talking to us and saying the same thing over and over. Security tried to make him go away many times, and eventually called the cops. But yeah, ipods can be a great tool for pretending you can't hear people. You were lucky not to be in his part of the line. I was not.

Drunken scary guy, if you log in and read this, your behaviour was totally not cool. You peed yourself for goodness sakes. Not cool at all.

#33 selke

selke

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:56 AM

That's great Kim! So happy for you! Now, how long will it take you to make 10,000 of the pendants? The band wants to sell them as merch on the rest of their tour :D

Yeah - that would be a dream come true, but I'm not holding my breath. It was a blast making them though, and so awesome tonight - can't get much better!

#34 selke

selke

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:59 AM

Oh yeah! In my desire to just see the show and experience it without gadgetry, I do not have any pics of the band wearing my necklaces, so if any LR's took pics I would be so ever and completely grateful for them.

#35 C.F.K.

C.F.K.

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,105 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:13 AM

Amber had some pictures (maybe ask her about higher quality copies - FaceBook might automatically re-size them):

Posted Image Posted Image

It's hard to see the others', but Jack's was easy to spot with the plain black t-shirt. I spotted it from pretty far back in the crowd, but like I said, I thought "nah there's no way they're wearing her necklaces!"

#36 kevron6

kevron6

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:24 AM

Ahhhh...the drunken scary dude. He is a LR'er apparently, newly joined. He fell over a smacked his head so hard on the sidewalk it went THWACK. Yikes. He kept talking to us and saying the same thing over and over. Security tried to make him go away many times, and eventually called the cops. But yeah, ipods can be a great tool for pretending you can't hear people. You were lucky not to be in his part of the line. I was not.

Drunken scary guy, if you log in and read this, your behaviour was totally not cool. You peed yourself for goodness sakes. Not cool at all.

Awesome story about meeting Patrick and the band wearing your necklaces, congrats.

I am sitting here laughing so hard I am crying your post about the drunken scary guy peeing himself for goodness sakes is the funniest shit I have read out of all the reviews this tour and I totally agree peeing yourself is not cool at all. So if I am reading this right he crowd surfed fell on his face, pissed himself then got arrested? If so that is awesome please login drunken scary guy and tell us all about it.

#37 Jami3

Jami3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:36 AM

That sounds awesome!! Patrick sounds like the nicest guy.. again reinforcing that he is the Raconteur I most wanna meet.. though what the hell I'd say to him I do not know, since the only thing I've said to anyone famous is "Thank you! Thank you! Do I get a hug too?" :S

Edited by Jami3, 06 June 2008 - 04:37 AM.

#38 Kaber

Kaber

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,566 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:57 AM

Awesome story about meeting Patrick and the band wearing your necklaces, congrats.

I am sitting here laughing so hard I am crying your post about the drunken scary guy peeing himself for goodness sakes is the funniest shit I have read out of all the reviews this tour and I totally agree peeing yourself is not cool at all. So if I am reading this right he crowd surfed fell on his face, pissed himself then got arrested? If so that is awesome please login drunken scary guy and tell us all about it.

Drunken 'fans' at gigs - my word - never heard of anyone pissing themselves at a gig before - guess the toilet wasn't to hand - i'd hate to think what really was going on all the wet / sweaty mosh pits behind the front I've seen over the years. Maybe front row isn't such a good idea after all :wacko:

#39 kts1997

kts1997

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,108 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:44 AM

Actually, I've never heard of or seen anyone moshing at a Racs show. It is not the norm, so I feel really bad for everyone who had to put up with that stupid shit. And I can not imagine how badly the man must have smelled after he pissed himself. Aw, just sickens me.

Awesome pictures Amber, thanks for being gracious enough to post them. You too CFK

And Miss Kimberly many congrats on your jewelry and meeting Patrick. Totally cool indeed.

Really good to hear that the band is still enjoying themselves and Mr White needs to rest that voice of his. He's coming to the Motor City in 2 days :) . Yea!

Edited by kts1997, 06 June 2008 - 05:46 AM.

#40 Amber_|||

Amber_|||

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:32 AM

Amber had some pictures (maybe ask her about higher quality copies - FaceBook might automatically re-size them):

Posted Image Posted Image

i will do my best with photoshop and whatnot.
any specific ones you want enhanced?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users