26 replies to this topic

#21 huhknee_sha

huhknee_sha

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 12:41 PM

as everyone has been saying, the show WAS absolutely amazing. it was so fantastic to see jackie in providence yet again. the set was wonderful and the music sounded flawless. i'm so pleased. seeing the ractonteurs live has made my love and respect for the band THAT much more emphatic. :)

#22 Amber Bottles

Amber Bottles

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,594 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 01:01 PM

at the soundcheck?

Yes.

#23 Mr.Saddle

Mr.Saddle

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 04:03 PM

Yes.

i remember seeing a little blonde girl right by the door but i didnt see her once we were inside.
i dont remember if she was wearing a red dress and i dont know her name.

#24 Amber Bottles

Amber Bottles

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,594 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:27 PM

Hm, well, maybe that was her.. a friend of mine from Mass went to that show and says she was at the soundcheck and got to meet all the Raconteurs.

#25 littleghostri

littleghostri

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 330 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 10:49 PM

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][b]Hey pictures,Did anyone get any pictures????Providence show???

#26 Zeavo

Zeavo

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:57 PM

So I got to wait outside Lupo's at about 3:30 PM or something, i was like tenth in line. met up with a bunch of people later. got in. i was with my brother and his friend in the front fucking row, right in front of brendan benson.

When they came out, I had the biggest most uncontrollable smile on my face. It's something so magical so see Jack come out there, in a smaller place, just watching him joking around with Brendan and laughing and smiling so much is such greatness. Caus we all know how he doesn't really 'enjoy' playing with the white stripes to the fullest extent, because he has so much work to do and can never just take a break on ryhthym guitar and just take it all in. but here you saw all of that.

i had seen the white stripes twice before, at lupos on the elephant tour and at the PPAC on the GBMS tour. to see jack white break into those solos and just flip out was so great.

"Broken Boy Soldiers" was so great because it's just jack's fuck yeah song, his ultimate statement on the album especially as the title track, going to the back to face backwards into that distorted mic, bouncing back and forth, just so incrredibly powerful...

when they started the "store bought bones" alternate version, i was a bit bittersweet, caus i really loved the thumping version on the record so while i loved the alternate one, so when they finally went into the traditional mode, DA Da DAAAA DAAA, etc....it was like waiting outside the pearly gates and then finally just crashing through into the promised land. That keyboardist was fucking awesome, I love that element of the live show, to have a musician friend help on tour, while a common thing in the music world (like the guy from pavement who played bass with sonic youth on their recent tour) is something you'd never see with the white stripes, so seeing jack able to do this was such an experimental, new terrirtorial air.

"Blue Veins," what can i say, for someone coming to the show hoping for some of that white stripes flavor, this is what you pray for- he just let it all out for ten minues. definitely the highlight of the show. Absoltuely Tearing, going all at it.

An absolutely fantastic night and performance, I only got to see them once on the raconteurs tour but i feel like i was lucky enough to catch them on an absolutely fantastic night. I was smiling the whole time. I wonder if i was standing right next to the guy in this thread that said he was front row in front of Benson.

anyways, absolutely incredible all around, couldn't have asked for anything more, the whole band thing just WORKS so WELL. can't wait for how they grow, develop, and own.

#27 avard

avard

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

this was my FIRST live Raconteurs show. I was SO into the first album at the point of this show, I am surprised I didn't just COMBUST. The DRIVE from Hartford CONNECTICUT to Providence RHODE ISLAND---- not a road or an Island!?! ------- is not an easy one. PLUS I had an irritation of my eyes IRIS. IRITIS. It is painful AND amplifies light like when you get that eye test that dilates your pupils. So the getting into the show part ALONE. Was a trip. I hung at the back wall with an EYEPATCH. And remembered just HAVING TO LISTEN. listen I did. THEY BROUGHT IT TO PROVIDENCE.

I bring this up because KALI DURGA just dropped a cd of the LEEDS Raconteurs show in my homes MALE box today.

WOWZER. The Pink Floyd RIFF of INTER STELLAR OVERDRIVE capped it off. This show has FLOATING on it. Which I don't have a copy of. I DO NOW!!!!!!! And never saw that song live.

IM JUST EXCITED by listening to THE RACONTEURS. Live

Thanks KALI. Wife.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users