No replies to this topic

#1 twitch

twitch

Little Room Lunatic

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,056 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 03:01 PM

Here's a list of their nominations and wins.
(I know I'm missing a bunch so if you know of any please send me an blah blah blah…. You get the idea by now.)
Nominee - Alternative/Indie Artist (Rock/Pop) - Detroit Music Awards (2001)
Won - Best Local Band to Make It Big Next (Media Blitz) - Metro Times Best of Detroit Reader's Poll (2001)
Nominee - Outstanding Rock / Pop Songwriter (Jack White) (Rock / Pop) - Detroit Music Awards (2002)
Won - Outstanding National Album (White Blood Cells) - Detroit Music Awards (4/19/2002)
Nominee - Outstanding National Single ("Hotel Yorba") - Detroit Music Awards (4/19/2002)
Won - Outstanding National Single ("Hotel Yorba") - Detroit Music Awards (4/19/2002)
Nominated - Visionary Video - VH1/Vogue Fashion Awards - Fell In Love With A Girl
Nominated - Best Video of The Year - 2002 MTV Video Music Awards - Fell In Love With A Girl
Won - Breakthrough Video - 2002 MTV Video Music Awards - Fell In Love With A Girl
Won - Best Special Effects - 2002 MTV Video Music Awards - Fell In Love With A Girl
Won - Best Editing - 2002 MTV Video Music Awards - Fell In Love With A Girl
Won - Best Conversational Overkill - The White Stripes - The Metro Times
Won - Best Bartender-turned-rock-star - Meg White - The Metro Times
Nominated - Best Internation Group - Annual Brit Awards
Nominated - Best International Breakthrough Artist - Annual Brit Awards
Won - Best International Video - Seven Nation Army - Much Music Awards
Nominated - People's Choice: Favorite International Group - Dead Leave and the Dirty Ground - Much Music Awards
Won - Best Editing - 7 Nation Army - 2003 Mtv Video Music Awards
Nominated - Album of the Year - Elephant - 49th Annual Grammy's
Nominated - Best Rock Performance - 7 Nation Army - 49th Annual Grammy's
Won - Best Rock Song - 7 Nation Army - 49th Annual Grammy's
Won - Best Alternative Music Album - Elephant - 49th Annual Grammy's
Nominated - Best International Album - Elephant - The Brit Awards
Nominated - Best International Group - The Brit Awards
Rolling Stones "Rock's Wildest Myths" - Number Six
Winner - Detroit Music Awards - Outstanding National Major Label Album - The White Stripes' Elephant
Winner - De trout Music Awards - Outstanding National Single - Seven Nation Army
Nominated Europe Music Awards - "The Hardest Button To Button." - Best Video
Rolling Stones #100 Greatest Guitarist
Nominated - The 2004 Grammy's - Best Country Song - Loretta Lynn - Miss Being Mrs.
Nominated - The 2004 Grammy's - Best Country Song - Loretta Lynn - Portland Oregon
Nominated - The 2004 Grammy's - Best Country Album- Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose
Nominated - The 2004 Grammy's - Best Country Collaboration with Vocals - Loretta Lynn & Jack White for Portland Oregon
Nominated - The 2004 Grammy's - Best Female Country Performance - Loretta Lynn - Miss Being Mrs.

Jack: I've never had much faith in lists. I found the lists in Mojo Magazine to be a little more interesting and realistic, but a lot of them are just popularity contests. If it's about important guitar players, then Robert Johnson and Blind Willie Johnson should be on there. I'm not a technically proficient guitar player. I'm about what it means at the moment, the attack of it and the attitude. I don't sit at home trying to learn how to play scales and try to be as fast as I can. I just care about the emotion that comes out of it, I suppose. They can take it anyway they want to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users