new songs.....good stuff.

#102 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:34 AM

New songs have me fully engaged on all things racs - even started collecting up the 2006 shows.

So far got:
Manchester Apollo
Glasgow
Wolverhampton
Liverpool

Checking out those soundboards has been a delight, plus the two new singles sizzzzle. Imagine well know in January when the album is dropping given you have to imagine itll be out before their first shows in April right???

#103 imbenurnot

imbenurnot

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,239 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 08:01 AM

These two songs already make a better album than Boarding House Reach. I'm excited!

#104 J.C.

J.C.

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,177 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:13 PM

Finally listened to the new tracks (I've been busy/out of the loop).  I'm not as big a fan of the band as many folks here -- I quite like Consolers of the Lonely, but could take or leave Broken Boy Soldiers (most of the songs don't feel complete to me and/or have bland/boring lyrics), and sometimes find Brendan's vocal/lyrical contributions rather indifferent.

That said, Sunday Driver feels like a Sloan track to me, enlivened by Jack's cool riffs and guitar effects, which I'm glad he's carried over from his solo work.  Anyways, I like it, but outside of the bridge and aforementioned pedal effects, it's a pretty traditional rock track.

But Now That You're Gone is a stunner.  Doo-wop stylings combined with Jack's wicked guitar sound?  Yes please.  It gives me hope that Jack's edgier elements as a musician won't be as compromised as in earlier Racs recordings which, to me, had a more standard radio-friendly guitar sound.  But I think NTYG will ultimately prove to be far-and-away the standout track on the album, as Carolina Drama was on the last one.

It's nice that I won't just be waiting for the next Jack solo outing to hear him cutting loose again.  I was worried it was gonna be something like: "Hey folks who found BHR too weird, here's some standard-issue rock for your limited palette!" ;)

Edited by J.C., 14 January 2019 - 11:24 PM.

#105 leks

leks

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:44 PM

For those who keep closer tabs on dates than I do, how soon should we be theoretically be getting the announcement for the next vault package? I assume that much like with BHR this package will be entirely dedicated to the new Racs record, and will probably be when we find out the album title, deluxe cover art, etc. I get the sense from Instagram that the sleep package has already started to be assembled and shipped, so hopefully any day now...

#106 Kenticus69

Kenticus69

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:10 AM

First week or two of April we will know what the next vault package is.....assuming it is the new racs album, expect that to be it. Imagine they announcement will come with a first single which would be our 3rd song from the album released (singles from December 18 theyve already said will be on the album).

#107 leks

leks

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 08:05 PM

Good to know! My money is on an announcement the first week of April .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users