6 replies to this topic

#1 '''''

'''''

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 06:35 PM

Kraftwerk are to tour England and Scotland for the first time in eleven years in March 2004. I am going to the Manchester show.

Glasgow Academy (March 16)
Manchester Apollo (March 17)
London Royal Festival Hall (March 18)
London Brixton Academy (March 20)

I am a new convert to German electronica. I saw their performance at the Mtv European awards and forgot all about whichever band it was who was 2nd on the bill.
can anyone recommend which albums of theirs to get first and what to expect of them live? thanks.

#2 Guest_joeldalley_*

Guest_joeldalley_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2003 - 08:04 PM

here

#3 themeadowlands

themeadowlands

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:01 AM

Woop Woop! Much love right now.

#4 ZORRO!

ZORRO!

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,202 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:02 AM

Posted Image my favorite album cover. I think.

#5 lindapoirier

lindapoirier

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,853 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:28 AM

i went through a phase... seems like i go through every phase. i love the 12" single with the model c/w computer love. that's my favourite cover. there is also a stamp on it in the bottom right corner that says, "Special Disco Promo. Not For Resale". ha!

Posted Image

i know, i know. i come off like an arsehole posting the pictures but you have to remember i've been collecting since i've been a wee one. i get boxes of lps either free or for a few bucks. i take out the ones that appeal to me and i somehow get rid of the extras. unfortunately, i have about 1000 albums sitting around right now that i HAVE to go through and sort. that's the drawback. it ain't all wax flowers you know.

p.s. i heart autobahn.

#6 jeejet

jeejet

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:35 PM

no - that's fantastic! all my albums are a jumble and my cd's too

kraftwerk = amazing

my husband saw them last time they were in dc and he said the bass was so powerful that the liquor bottles were moving back and forth on the shelf to the beat!!

#7 Kaber

Kaber

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:56 PM

no - that's fantastic! all my albums are a jumble and my cd's too

kraftwerk = amazing

my husband saw them last time they were in dc and he said the bass was so powerful that the liquor bottles were moving back and forth on the shelf to the beat!!

I saw them at a music festival Tribal Gathering back in 1997 when they first came out of retirement.

The whole Detroit dance tent closed down as all the DJs from Detroit wanted to see them.

Really great show.

Have a few 7s but not as great a collection as Linda.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users