26 replies to this topic

#1 barrowc

barrowc

De Stijl

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,282 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:57 PM

Please post pictures, setlists and reviews from the Providence show in this thread

#2 nofaithmed11

nofaithmed11

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:45 PM

I think I speak for more than a few people when I say I am completely pissing my pants in anticipation for this show, which is in TWO FRICKIN DAYS.

#3 de stijl x3

de stijl x3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:12 PM

TWO FRICKEN DAYS, MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 nofaithmed11

nofaithmed11

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 10:53 PM

Just got back from the show! Oh my fucking God, it was amazing. Me and my three friends were like 20-30 feet away from the stage, so we had an excellent view of the whole band. The boys were completely on tonight. Some bootlegs I've heard are better than others, but I couldn't have asked for a better show. Everyone sounded pitch perfect. Brendan and Jack's voices sounded wonderful, and their guitar work was both amazing. Jack's playing was obviously amazing, but I was amazed at how good Brendan's playing measured up. Little Jack looked like a merchant of death with his all black clothing, black hair, and black bass, but he also sounded great. Patrick is obviously a fucking powerhouse, no explanation is needed. Here's the setlist:

1. Hands Outtro/Intimate Secretary
2. Level
3. Hands
4. Together
5. Yellow Sun
6. It Ain't Easy
7. The Bane Rendition/Store Bought Bones
8. Bang, Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
9. Broken Boy Soldier
(Encore)
10. A cover song I feel like I should know, but I don't
11. Steady, As She Goes
12. Blue Fucking Veins!

Honestly, there was not one bad song. My personal favorites were "Broken Boy Soldier," an extended "Bang, Bang," "Level," "Yellow Sun" with a really cool funky intro, and, if you couldn't tell, the friggin 10 minute "Blue Veins." But all of them were insane. It seemed like everyone knew every word to every song, especially "Intimate Secretary" and "Hands." Overall, a fucking great performance.

Dr. Dog was better in concert than on their recordings, but after the 2nd song, I got bored. I said to my friend, "We get it, you want to be The Beatles, you like harmonizing, you have shitty stage presence, and all your songs sound the same. Move the hell on." Not as bad as I expected, but obviously, they could have done better in picking an opening band.

I met up with Alex (de stijl x3). I felt like a douche cause I was tired and couldn't say much but "That was awesome." But we got a picture, which she will post tomorrow hopefully.

I'll write more later, I'm too tired to write anything else. All in all, amazing show.

#5 Blindwillie

Blindwillie

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:21 PM

Just back from my first Raconteurs show at Lupos.... Last time I was at Lupos was two years ago at the old one for the White Stripes Elephant tour. I must admit after about 30 WS shows I was a little nervous to see Jack in a new environment. I love the disk but still didnt know what to expect. The night could not have started better as my friend and I entered a small Cuban restaurant before the show and were seated right next to Jack and the band.... That was the highlight of the night... The show rocked but its still felt like Jack was too confined. He had a few great jams and Brendan has a great voice but as a true WS fan it was tough to make the transition... It made me long for the days of Jack and Meg on stage impovising. Dont get me wrong.. this band is great and well worth seeing live... But still hard to see Jack perfrom without the freedom he usually has...

Just got back from the show! Oh my fucking God, it was amazing. Me and my three friends were like 20-30 feet away from the stage, so we had an excellent view of the whole band. The boys were completely on tonight. Some bootlegs I've heard are better than others, but I couldn't have asked for a better show. Everyone sounded pitch perfect. Brendan and Jack's voices sounded wonderful, and their guitar work was both amazing. Jack's playing was obviously amazing, but I was amazed at how good Brendan's playing measured up. Little Jack looked like a merchant of death with his all black clothing, black hair, and black bass, but he also sounded great. Patrick is obviously a fucking powerhouse, no explanation is needed. Here's the setlist:

2. Level
3. Hands
4. Together
5. Yellow Sun
6. It Ain't Easy
9. Broken Boy Soldier
(Encore)
10. A cover song I feel like I should know, but I don't
11. Steady, As She Goes
12. Blue Fucking Veins!

Honestly, there was not one bad song. My personal favorites were "Broken Boy Soldier," an extended "Bang, Bang," "Level," "Yellow Sun" with a really cool funky intro, and, if you couldn't tell, the friggin 10 minute "Blue Veins." But all of them were insane. It seemed like everyone knew every word to every song, especially "Intimate Secretary" and "Hands." Overall, a fucking great performance.

Dr. Dog was better in concert than on their recordings, but after the 2nd song, I got bored. I said to my friend, "We get it, you want to be The Beatles, you like harmonizing, you have shitty stage presence, and all your songs sound the same. Move the hell on." Not as bad as I expected, but obviously, they could have done better in picking an opening band.

I met up with Alex (de stijl x3). I felt like a douche cause I was tired and couldn't say much but "That was awesome." But we got a picture, which she will post tomorrow hopefully.

I'll write more later, I'm too tired to write anything else. All in all, amazing show.

#6 de stijl x3

de stijl x3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 07:54 AM

OH MY FUCKING GOD THAT WAS THE MOST AMAZING THING I HAVE WITNESSED IN MY LIFE.

The minute the boys stepped on stage, I started crying my eyes out like a little baby.

The performance was phenomenal. I couldnt have asked for more.

Brendan looked at me a lot and we made a lot of eye contact. He was kind of laughing a little when he saw me crying and screaming and jumping. He walked over to Jack after he was looking at me and whispered something in his ear, but I dont know what. After that, Jack laughed and looked over to me and blew a kiss. :wub:

I started crying even more then.

The people around me were duds and didnt even sing and Im over there screaming my lungs out jumping like a banchee.

It was just so amazingly perfect I can't describe.

I got to touch the tip of Jacks foot too when he walked to our side!

They didnt allow cameras though which I was mad about, but I dont even care anymore.

I fell in love with all of them all over again.

<3

And, yes, I met Dylan and we got a picture which I

#7 Dim13

Dim13

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 12:37 PM

I think the unknown cover tune on the setlist posted above was Send Me a Postcard by Shocking Blue (who actually was the band who did Nirvana's first single "Love Buzz" originally)...

Looking forward to Boston tonight!

- Dim.

#8 MistyMountain24

MistyMountain24

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 01:45 PM

That show was awesome! I loved every song they played. My favorites were Level, Bang Bang, BBS, and Store Bought Bones.

I went with Dylan and two other friends, so whatever he said I agree with. :D

[/quote] Brendan looked at me a lot and we made a lot of eye contact. He was kind of laughing a little when he saw me crying and screaming and jumping. He walked over to Jack after he was looking at me and whispered something in his ear, but I dont know what. After that, Jack laughed and looked over to me and blew a kiss. wub.gif [quote]

I remember when that happened! How cool that must have been. :)

#9 meg(marguerite)

meg(marguerite)

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:24 PM

Lawrence has a black bass now? Hmm.

and black heart (said jack at lolla)

#10 de stijl x3

de stijl x3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:29 PM

Posted Image

Me and nofaithmed11.

Posted Image

TOUR BUS.

I could've sworn I saw PK smoking when I looked in.

I SAW A MINI BAR THROUGH THE WINDOW!

Other than that, no photos. Lupos has a strict No Camera policy.

Edited by de stijl x3, 29 September 2006 - 02:31 PM.

#11 MistyMountain24

MistyMountain24

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:33 PM

Posted Image

Me and nofaithmed11.

Hahah. Nice picture!

#12 de stijl x3

de stijl x3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 07:02 PM

^^^Haha, I heard you screaming up there.

I didn't realize so many of us were there! I thought it was just Dylan and I.

We shouldve all met up afterwards.

I reeeeeeeeeeally hope someone got audio of this show. That would be the greatest!

PS. It wasn't that bad at all on the floor where I was. I was front row on Brendan's side and it wasn't even that crowded. You shouldve came down, antinomy!

Edited by de stijl x3, 29 September 2006 - 07:03 PM.

#13 nofaithmed11

nofaithmed11

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 10:04 PM

Yes, I only knew that me, David, and Alex were there. That would have been cool to all meet up. But I wouldn't have changed anything else that went on that night. Unbelievable.

And once again, Alex, I'm sorry if I came off as an asshole. I was so wiped from the whole thing, I didn't really say much. It was a pleasure to meet you and your family, you were all very nice. :)

Edited by nofaithmed11, 29 September 2006 - 10:04 PM.

#14 nofaithmed11

nofaithmed11

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 10:25 PM

I think the unknown cover tune on the setlist posted above was Send Me a Postcard by Shocking Blue (who actually was the band who did Nirvana's first single "Love Buzz" originally)...

Looking forward to Boston tonight!

- Dim.

You're right, I just looked up the lyrics to the song, and I'm pretty sure that was it. So that means the complete setlist is as followed:

2. Level
3. Hands
4. Together
5. Yellow Sun
6. It Ain't Easy
9. Broken Boy Soldier
(Encore)
10. Send Me A Postcard
11. Steady, As She Goes
12. Blue Veins

#15 de stijl x3

de stijl x3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 08:06 AM

Thanks, Dylan. And, No, you didn't seem like an asshole.

Ok, folks, Im going to post my WHOLE overview, etc.

September 28, 2006. The night I had been waiting for since before May. I was standing front row. Brendan's side of the stage. Biting my nails, shaking, and anticipating what I was about to see.

Five men walked on stage. I started to cry.

I have never felt that way before in my life. I have idolized these people for the longest time. I've looked at their pictures, watched their videos, and listened to their music, and there they were. Right infront of me.

Jack was smiling from ear to ear, laughing. Brendan was just as happy. Patrick and Little Jack were super cool as usual.

At that point, I was crying so hard I couldnt even hear myself clapping.

They started to play the Hands outro. I started jumping and screaming and yelling and clapping...with tears running down my face. Brendan started to notice me down there in the front. We made ALOT of eye contact throughout the night. It was awesome.

They then went into Intimate Secratary. I was screaming both Jack and Brendan's parts of the song at the same time. Brendan was staring at me for about 15 seconds and he was laughing a little. Probobly because of the fact I was the only one in his view on that side of the stage that was actually moving. I spent most of the concert in the air.

After Brendan stopped looking at me, he walked over to Jack in the middle of the stage and whispered something in his ear. My first guess was "Hey, Jack, look at that physco chick in the front!". Brendan then walked away from Jack. Jack was giggling. Then he looked my way and stared for a couple seconds then blew a kiss. I was going hysterical.

I looked up at Brendan after that, and he was looking at me smiling.

A few songs later, they started to play what I knew was, BANG BANG!

Of course, I was going crazy throught that song.

And after Bang Bang, they played the song I had been anticipating to see live since I first saw it on Youtube, Broken Boy Soldier. I was going INSANE. I hurried and got my cell phone out of my pocket and called my Chicago friend, Chris and held the phone up.

I told my parents the best part of the show would be Jack's high pitched voice chanting "The boy never gets older!" on the distorted microphone. I wasn't wrong. I jumped as high as I could, screamed as loud as I could, and clapped as hard as I could during that part. It was so awesome.

The boys then walked off the stage and came back for an encore a few minutes later.

They came back on and played the song 95% of the crowd was waiting for. I guess I was one of the 5% who wasn't really anticipating Steady, As She Goes, because I hadn't even realized they didn't play it. But it was great.

They finished the night off with Blue Veins. The solos were crazy.

They all put their instruments down then got together and took a bow. Jack walked over to my side and my finger touched the tip of his tan, leather boot.

That was it. The most amazing thing in the world I'll ever see was over. I had never felt so happy in my life. I don't think I ever actually cried tears of joy before.

We walked out into the entrance area and I noticed Dylan was on the other side of the room!

I ran over and we got a picture together. Thats the second Little Roomer I met this year. :)

I then sat down, got my phone out, and called Karissa for about the 7th time that night. I called her during about 4 or 5 different songs so she could get in on the action. I gave her a re-cap of the show, then we left.

I was sweaty, tired, dehydrated, I had ringing ears, and my hands were beat red from clapping so much.

On the ride home I sat there and realized that I'm probobly never going to be involved in something so great ever again. Maybe Im exaggerating, but that was the most amazing night of my life.

Lupo's is also pretty lame and doesn't allow cameras. And if that lady was there like she was supposed to be, she would've took me backstage to meet the boys so I could thank them for the best night ever, but she wasn't where she was supposed to be, so I'll have to just hope they know how much I appreciate their existance.

I love those boys.

#16 Mr.Saddle

Mr.Saddle

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 03:03 PM

---

Edited by ShelbyO, 19 October 2006 - 08:14 PM.

#17 killertomato23

killertomato23

Get Behind Me Satan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 03:39 PM

Shelby, you lucky girl! I'm trying not to turn green with envy...

#18 de stijl x3

de stijl x3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:46 PM

Did ANYONE get ANYTHING from this show, as in pictures, videos, (i know they didnt allow cameras), audio, anything of the sort?!

Im so jealous of the Boston people who got like 856024356 youtube videos.

#19 Amber Bottles

Amber Bottles

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,594 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:36 PM

did anybody else get into the soundcheck / meet and greet?

we got in because we were the first in line and some people didnt show up. we saw three songs. everyone was beyond sweet!! they really care about the fans so much. they were very thoughtful and generous.

the show was brilliant, as always. i did think the mix was a bit off. it seemed like jack did extra of the blue viens solo, almost like he did it one and a half times, and at one point he went onto the speakers right in from of me and a few other kids and poeple from behind us started pulling his hair! it made me angry and i pushed them away. also, at one point when jack and brendan share a microphone a piece of jakcs hair got in brendans mouth and he spit it out and kinda laughed and then as jack walked away he ruffled all his hair in brendans face. it was cute. also, right away brendan put one foot on one of jacks monitors and one on his own, and kinda jumped off, it was cool. also, it seemed like patrick was having trouble with his snare, he must have switched it out three times. but of course, it was still an amazing show.

Did you see a little blonde girl named Kristyn in a red dress?

#20 Mr.Saddle

Mr.Saddle

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:04 PM

Did you see a little blonde girl named Kristyn in a red dress?

at the soundcheck?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users