#201 WhiteBloodCells35

WhiteBloodCells35

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:12 AM

cross 2 off my list

just saw Neil Young a couple weeks ago, and going to see The Tragically Hip in August

#202 WhiteBloodCells35

WhiteBloodCells35

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:15 AM

The White Stripes
Led Zeppelin
The Tragically Hip
Arcade Fire
The Flaming Lips
Gogol Bordello
The Raconteurs
The Mars Volta
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Neil Young

#203 steadyasshegoes

steadyasshegoes

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:26 PM

In priority at the moment:

1.) Paul McCartney (gotta hurry before he ends up retiring!)
2.) Brendan Benson
3.) The White Stripes

#204 evie

evie

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:41 PM

AC/DC

Yes, please.

#205 stripes42

stripes42

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,863 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:32 PM

The Flaming Lips should be on everyone's list...that's one band that everyone NEEDS to see live.

I need to join in on with the others. Coyne kept telling everyone in the audience to get more into it, and it didn't feel authentic. I was a bit disillusioned.

All of the theatrics were well done.

#206 twitch

twitch

Little Room Lunatic

• Little Room Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,056 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:26 PM

Ive never really seen or read anything that convinced me that I need to see the Flaming Lips live....I'm sure they"re good if you're a big fan but I don't think i'd be sold in a big arena theatrics sort of setting. Not many bands I really ever want to see if I have to deal with a labeled seat that I have to stay in or some 'general admission' area full of frat boys and stupid pot heads.

#207 RRZaino

RRZaino

Icky Thump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:27 AM

Bands still-existing that I want to see live and haven't yet...in no order.

Devendra Banhart
Fleet Foxes
Manic Street Preachers
Aphex Twin
Jane's Addiction

there are plenty more in my mind somewhere, but these are the handful that came to me first.

#208 Nef.

Nef.

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,391 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:23 AM

I never really think about the White Stripes very much, but have to admit that I may never quite get over not seeing them in 2003. They canceled the local show due to Jack breaking his hand, and we and Nashville were the only cities that weren't rescheduled. Even if they came back now, they're so obviously past their prime that it just wouldn't be the same.

So,
#1: White Stripes circa 2003
Rest of list to be filled in later.

#209 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:51 AM

pfft!!

1)white stripes (can't go back in time, would be thrilled to bits to see them now)
2) dead weather
3)jane's addiction
4)Tame impala again
5)beck again (that was so long ago)
6)kram (missed him at meredith last year)
7)regurgitator (missed them at merideth last year)
8) architecture in helsinki (caught the end of the set last year)
9)pnau (dont bash me for liking more than one kind of music now)
10)i dont know any good band really, my friend has a new band i should check out, have not heard it yet,,,, i need to use my babysitter(mum) more

#210 steadyasshegoes

steadyasshegoes

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:17 PM

I never really think about the White Stripes very much, but have to admit that I may never quite get over not seeing them in 2003. They canceled the local show due to Jack breaking his hand, and we and Nashville were the only cities that weren't rescheduled. Even if they came back now, they're so obviously past their prime that it just wouldn't be the same.

So,
#1: White Stripes circa 2003
Rest of list to be filled in later.

that takes a lotta balls to say that around here. whether i agree or not, i gotta give you credit for speaking your mind

#211 Jami3

Jami3

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:05 PM

Replace 1-10 with the flaming lips

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,063 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:25 PM

White Stripes - again
Raconteurs
Paul McCartney
Queens Of The Stone Age
Beck
Foo Fighters
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
David Bowie
AC/DC
Iggy Pop / Stooges
Radiohead

Edited by Ká, 24 May 2009 - 12:29 PM.

#213 The Contrarian

The Contrarian

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:59 PM

1) The White Stripes
2) The Raconteurs
3) Foo Fighters
4) Arctic Monkeys
5) Queens of the Stone Age
6) The Black Keys
7) Neil Young
8) George Thorogood
9) Future of the Left
10) The Kills
11) The Dead Weather
12) Neutral Milk Hotel
13) Bob Dylan
14) Taylor Hawkins & the Coattail Riders

I'm gonna stop now...

#214 Jebus

Jebus

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:56 PM

pfft!!

1)white stripes (can't go back in time, would be thrilled to bits to see them now)
2) dead weather
3)jane's addiction
4)Tame impala again
5)beck again (that was so long ago)
6)kram (missed him at meredith last year)
7)regurgitator (missed them at merideth last year)
8) architecture in helsinki (caught the end of the set last year)
9)pnau (dont bash me for liking more than one kind of music now)
10)i dont know any good band really, my friend has a new band i should check out, have not heard it yet,,,, i need to use my babysitter(mum) more

tame impala are really hit and miss live i seen em a bunch o times, i much prefered mink mussel creek, they were similar sought of deal, live they'd be made up of the tame impala boys as well sometimes mmc boys play with tame impala

i'll never forget seein aih at the prince back when they first started out, there would have been about 20-30 people in the crowd and they were goin off, really gettin everyone into it

and pnau were really somethin different, i don't really listen to that sought of stuff but quite enjoyed it, saw them at collie one night stand

#215 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:05 AM

tame impala are really hit and miss live i seen em a bunch o times, i much prefered mink mussel creek, they were similar sought of deal, live they'd be made up of the tame impala boys as well sometimes mmc boys play with tame impala

i'll never forget seein aih at the prince back when they first started out, there would have been about 20-30 people in the crowd and they were goin off, really gettin everyone into it

and pnau were really somethin different, i don't really listen to that sought of stuff but quite enjoyed it, saw them at collie one night stand

the night i saw tame impala must have been an "on" night for them then, i dont know mink muscle creek,,, id like to see pnau cause nick really gets into it,
i'd like to see any band that loooks like they are really feeling it i guess, cause ill really feel it too, and apologise to anybody standing still next to me that gets their toes trod on..

#216 C.F.K.

C.F.K.

De Stijl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,105 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:54 AM

Well I'll just say that I'm not a Flaming Lips fan by any means, but I had a great time seeing them headline a festival a few years ago. There was so much going on... not a typical show by any means. It also only lasted about 20 minutes or so since they were booted off early because of noise restrictions. Maybe it would have sucked if it was over an hour ???

I can't really think of a band I want to see REALLY bad but haven't seen before. I feel like I've seen a thousand bands over the past few years. I wanna see the Okmoniks again, and this time hopefully I don't have to drive all the way to Indiana (although I had a great time). I finally saw the Reigning Sound a couple months ago, and will see the Oblivians next month. I guess the Compulsive Gamblers are one of those "really wanna see em" bands, since they're doing a couple reunion shows down south somewhere. Maybe add Chuck Berry to the list. Billy Childish. Tom Waits. Fiery Furnaces. This is a really hodge podge list... ummm... I'd say the Rolling Stones, but nowadays I don't know if it'd be worthwhile. Maybe if they come back to the Horseshoe Tavern. I'm sure I'm missing lots of obvious ones, btu that's a quick scan of iTunes. Oh yeah, and Pearl Jam, RHCP, Kings of Leon and STP. Duuuude.

Edited by C.F.K., 25 May 2009 - 04:17 AM.

#217 cheriebobbins

cheriebobbins

White Blood Cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,318 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:22 AM

wow it was a long time ago that i saw pearl jam and RHCP, oh the nostalgia!!

#218 Jebus

Jebus

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:40 AM

if you like bands that really get into it then might i suggest the drones, for me they would have to be the best live band round

there's some clips of em live

#219 bikedo

bikedo

Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:49 PM

Patti Smith
PJ Harvey
U2
The Cult